We actually stayed next door at the club regina but spent a lot of time at the Westin side so I thought I would comment on the pool / children's facilities and Resturant
The kids pool was really nice and where we spent most of our time. I would have preferred that it didn't have the 4ft drops as a kids pool but I suppose the varying depths appeal to older kids too.
The playground was basic but enough fun for my little guy. Slide/swings/ladder. They had items available to paint for a fee. The activities lady at the palpa was delightful to talk to.
I didn't prefer how they had all these inflatables out by the kids pool to taunt the kids but yet you had to pay $10 a day to use them. A bit of a nightmare for parents. Would be better if they were in the activities hut or at least tied down / with a sign that there is a fee. I watched constantly kids freaking out that they couldn't play with them and parents fight them away from the distraction. Not what a parent wants to deal with on a vacation I'm sure.
The Westin pool bar / Resturant had decent menu selections but I found most items to be really overpriced for Mexico and especially for pool food. Ie $15 for a chicken Cesar wrap and another almost $6 for French fries!! Yet the sandwiches and paninis come with the fries? And the kids menu reads that it comes with fries and a fruit with chocolate but it arrived without the fruit and when i inquired i was advised that its either the fries or the fruit. Odd. We didn't experience the buffet breakfast at the hotel but I hear its over $20pp whereas at the regina next door it's currently $13 for 2 people! I guess cause its a Westin they can get away with charging more for no apparent reason. I will give credit to the chicken panini with fries for only $15. Good deal and delicious. Great portion
We also witnessed a wedding while we were there and I have to say that it was probably one of the most beautiful destination wedding set ups I've ever seen of a resort. They turned the beach cabanas into little private sitting areas and brought in all kinds of lovely white furniture and details which made it serene. I'd totally consider it for a wedding!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Media 8, Inc., Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Resort And Spa Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Regina Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Westin
- Westin Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Resort Puerto Vallarta