The bad reviews probably came from people who paid too much. There are rates on the Internet that are very affordable and appropriate for a 4-star on the beach in the marina area. The location is great. $5 cab ride from the airport. Many restaurants and shops in the marina area. In fact, our favorite is Tacos and Beer right down the street - cheep and good! For a little nicer dinner try Las Palomas (not las palomas dorado that faces the marina, but go farther to Popa street where the new condos are.) Also on Popa is a great market, a liquor store, pizza, frozen yogurt, indian food, and Starbucks.
The beach at the hotel is not beautiful, but it is clean and swimmable. We didn't notice any renovation/construction noise that others have complained about. The free Internet in the lobby worked well so we didn't need to pay for it in the room or by the pool.
There is a full size coffee maker in the room and the first package of coffee is free, but we had to call and ask them to bring it to our room. They will also bring robes, slippers, or anything else you need, just ask and they will be happy to bring it to you.
This resort is not the most opulent in the Marina area, but all in all it was a nice vacation and met our expectations.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Media 8, Inc., Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Resort And Spa Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Regina Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Westin
- Westin Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Resort Puerto Vallarta