“First-rate in (almost) every respect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta

You added Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Paseo de la Marina Sur No. 205 | Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #31 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Denver, Colorado
“First-rate in (almost) every respect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Maybe the most positive thing I can say about the hotel is that, upon returning home, I immediately checked on availability for a future trip. Very impressed with the facilities and staff. Main criticism: the policy about dogs. The hotel allows them and stipulates that they not be left in the rooms when guests are away. Unfortunately, they don't enforce that policy. When it is ignored, the hotel offers to change the room of the complainant. I don't find that satisfactory. The policy should be reviewed. I had to listen to barking dogs in the room next door during two days of my vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet area, away from the lobby
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
cristina_castillo, Director of Sales at Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback in regards our heavenly dog service policy, we just reviewed it with our room division department in order to avoid this type of experience in the future. We appreciate very much your preference and we are looking forward for the opportunity to have you back at The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, your home in Mexico.

General Manager Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011 via mobile

Just recently returned from trip. Hotel was in a great place for a really mellow low key vacation. Close to airport. Plenty of off site restaurant options although the food at the hotel was good too. Alot of people complained about pricing so maybe I was expecting really high rates but seemed decently priced for a Westin. We did the royal club level which worked out really well. Appetizers at night were satisfying enough to use as a light dinner so long as you had a good lunch. I'd stat here again. Marriott up the street appeared a tad bit nicer but was also much busier and looked to be more expensive food wise.

• Stayed July 2011
Dear guest,
Thank yo uvery much for sharing your comments about your stay in our resort, The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, we are very honor to be part of your vacation in Puerto Vallarta. Our Royal Beach Club is a wonderful alternative to have a renovated experience, food and beverage quality is exceptional in our Royal Beach Lounge, our objective is to offer a renovated experience to all our customers. We are looking forward to have back at The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, your home in Mexico.

General Manager Director of sales and Marketing
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

This was one of the best trips I ever took. It was so relaxing and enjoyable. The staff at the Westin knew my name by the second day I was there. The hotel offered everything I need. I really never had to leave the hotel. The resturant El Palamar had the most diverse and delicious menu. The breakfast bar alone was overwhelming with everything from French toast, omlets, waffles, yogurts, to Mimosas and fresh sqeeze fruit juices. The staff was so courteous and friendly. No one hassled you for anything. It's very close to the marina and they are tour representative located in the lobby but no one bothers you they wait for you to see them. Cabs are all around and the bus is only 50 cents. I can not wait to go back, I'm already searching for flights before the end of the year.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, your home in Mexico. We are delighted to learn that you you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to have you back in our Resort.

General Manager Director of Sales & Marketing
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We enjoyed our recent seven night stay at the Westin Marina. We paid a very low rate though Expedia. The hotel has four beautiful pools and quite a large beach area. This was a very family friendly hotel. There were plenty of pool toys and floaties for rent, a trampoline and play ground. We had wonderful food and drinks from the pool bar with excellent service. Arifices Steak and Seafood restaurant was closed for the rainy season and we found La Palamar to have a limited menu, so we went out for most of our dinners, there are many fabulous restaurants in town. The morning breakfast buffet had many options but it was quite expensive. The hotel grounds are beautiful and well maintained. We do have a few complaints. Although our room was cleaned daily, trash and dirty dishes were left behind on more than one occasion and towels were not always restocked. We booked a Kids Stay and Eat Free package through Expedia which the hotel did not honor. They did however tell me that if I could find the email from Expedia with the specific wording about the children's meals, they would refund us for their food. Free internet in the business center would be nice. Despite these issues and considering the low rate we paid, we enjoyed our stay very much and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed at the Westin our final night in PV, and got a great rate online. We had been at a small resort near Punta de Mita all week, and were looking forward to a different experience to compare. Check in went fairly smoothly, and the fountains were working and the atmosphere was very pleasant. Unfortunately, it started to rain earlier than usual that evening, so we didn't get to enjoy the pool and beach as much as we would have liked. It was very nice from what we could tell. The vendors at the beach weren't as high pressure as in some areas, and the fitness facility is very nice. The bed and bath were very comfortable, as usual with a Westin. The room was fairly large and had a great view from its balcony and from the open air hallway. We could hear ducks in the hallway! But they flew away when we looked for them. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. There was a charge for Internet, but since it was our last night we figured we could live without it. No charge for parking, which was a nice surprise.

The hotel is in the Marina area, which is a bit off from el Centro or the Zona Romantica, but you can get there by bus. It is about a $5 cab ride to the airport. There were many dining options, as well, in a short walk. We were very interested in one at the far end of the dock called Mariscos--it was packed when we walked by in the early evening. But the next morning we were hoping it would be open for breakfast, but it was not.

The only negative from our stay was that the TV or radio in the room next door was so loud we could hear it clearly in our room. The walls didn't seem that thin, but the doors between adjoining rooms did not seem insulated. We called to see about moving if the noise didn't quiet down. I am not sure how it got resolved, but within a half hour or so it was much quieter.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

this is a older hotel but still nice we upgraded to the royal beach whitch is why we stayed at the westin you get breakfast and cocktals and light snacks at night this is perfect if your on the go you can grab some thing on your way to zip line snorkeling or before your dinner cruises the pool is great but keep the kids in the kid pool please the drinks and food at the pool are really good . the room was nice and very clean. the location is great short walk to the marina and short cab ride down town the oxxo across the street is great for cheep water and snacks. and a very big thanks to Angel at the royal beach club he is a great guy and will do anything to make your stay better

Room Tip: upgrade to the royal beach
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
cristina_castillo, Director of Sales at Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Dear guest,
We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, our objective is to create memorable experiences. We thank you very much for your preference and we hope to have the opportunity to have you back. Our very best regards!
Upland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Driving up to the property I was eager to see the entrance fountain and be greeted with hospitality, NOPE NOT AT THE WESTIN! (The "fountain" was dry and rusted supposedly it was being repaired yet I never saw anyone work on it. Additionally, NONE of the fountains on the property were functioning at all) We were not greeted with a bellman and carried our own luggage to the front desk. The clerk was very inexperienced and not very knowledgeable which pro-longed our check in about 25 minuets. We were the only guests around! When I began to get irritated my BF tipped him $20 and asked if we could please speed this process up. He called a bellman and that still took a very long while. He handed us the keys to our "double room", which was NOT what we booked, it was even clear on the itinerary i printed from home, and i instantly protested and he said "Well ok I suppose ill give you a complementary upgrade to a king size bed". My BF reminded him that we took care of him (tip$) in hopes that he would take care of us, and the clerk totally ignored us!
The property grounds were average, although clean, nothing extraordinary. It was a complete ghost town! There was a large amount of construction which made the swimming pools difficult to enjoy. The beach was very dirty and had trash everywhere. The vendors were constant and even after i politely declined twice they were still pestering us. It was clear we wanted to be left alone and they still would interrupt our conversations. Bar drinks were very weak even when tipped them extra to pour my BFs drink with top shelf tequila, I still noticed them pouring their house brand. When i inquired, they assured me that I was mistaken. The restaurant was okay, but very very pricey! We ate dinner there one night and I left my Gucci sunglasses and magazine on the table when i got back to the room I called right away and they told me that they had found my magazine but never saw any sunglasses. Thieves! I shouldve figured!

Overall, the attitudes of the entire staff was what disappointed me the most. I felt that they were very unprofessional and often snobby! Ill NEVER return to this resort nor will I opt to stay at a Westin property. This experience has completely turned me off to visiting PV ever again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
cristina_castillo, Director of Sales at Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
First of all I woud like apologize for your experience during your stay in our hotel. I understand how you feel and we appreciate very much the time you took to give us this important feedback. We had some issues with our pipes and our associates have been working in the heart of the house. We will do an action plan in regards every point you have mentioned and believe me that we wil do something about it in order to avoid this type of situations. We really appreciate your business and your adivise has a lot of value to us.

Been to Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!