“My debit card number got stolen and cloned” 1 of 5 stars

El Faro Lighthouse
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: This 110-foot high lighthouse is Marina Vallartas landmark and features a circular lounge with live music at the top.
seattle
“My debit card number got stolen and cloned”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was in PV last week. I was staying at an all inclusive resort in the marina and my boyfriend and I decided to go here one night to get out of the resort. This is the only place I used my debit card in Mexico. Two days later Visa called me and told me that someone was trying to charge $845 dollars on my card at the Puerto Vallarta Costco which is ten minutes from the lighthouse. Luckily Visa declined the charge so they didn't get away with it. DO NOT USE A CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD HERE. I have reported it to the police and they are investigating.

Gig Harbor, Washington
“Credit Card Theft??”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

On 19 Apr 2013 my husband and his airline crew had drinks at El Faro around 1815. He gave the server his credit card who returned the card within a minute saying he needed to pay the gal at the register. My husband paid 360 pesos with MasterCard. Saturday, the following morning I received a call from the MasterCard fraud department. I was informed that two attempts (with an actual card) for a charge of $918 at Costco Wholesale had been denied along with an attempt at Gas Villa, also denied. These attempted charges occurred around noon CST, 20 Apr. I deactivated card, My husband only used this credit card twice during the 24 layover, at El Faro the evening before and the next day at crew hotel on day of departure. He did alert the crew hotel of the incident hoping they would follow up with the El Faro management. I have provided dates and time of this incident also hoping that El Faro reads Trip Advisor and will take the initiative to investigate. This is a beautiful setting, especially at sunset to overlook the surrounding area but use CASH only.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
19 attraction reviews
“Great place for a drink at the Marina”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Four of us visited the lighthouse in April for a drink before dinner. This is a really pleasant bar with great views of the Marina and a bit of Puerto Vallarta.
The service was good, the prices were reasonable and the ambience was excellent.
We are planning to return there for another Pre-dinner drink this evening.
Great place to meet friends.

Riverside, California
10 attraction reviews
“1932 Lighthouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

El Faro or Lighthouse in English is triangular in shape and was built in 1932. It is black and white striped and right in the middle of the Malecon. A must for Lighthouse Lovers!

Visited March 2013
Vancouver, Washington
40 attraction reviews
“View!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Amazing view to see the Marina Vallarta!! Allots off steps but you be glad you did it!! we dint use our credit card there after reading people had there number stolen..... We had fun there!

Visited February 2013