“6 from Seattle love the Playa Los Arcos” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Olas Altas 380 | Col. Emiliano Zapata, Puerto Vallarta 48280, Mexico   |
Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #42 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Phoenix, Arizona
“6 from Seattle love the Playa Los Arcos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

DH and I had room 410. Sister and BIL had 337. Best friend and DH had room 310.
Each loved their room for different reasons. All had nice balconies. 310 is full ocean view with king bed. 410 and 337 had pool, palapa and partial ocean view. Balcony of 337 was more private than 410.
We were all inclusive and ate and drank alot of food and drink. All was fine except I didnt like Italian night. Pasta was slimy and tasteless. Everything else was good for what it was. It wasnt gourmet by any means. There were fresh fruit and veggies at every meal.
It was really good for the price. The drinks were plentiful and very tasty. I tried so many :)
You cant go wrong. One of the best vacation deals in PV....IMO..... for our kind of vacation, it was perfect. The location cant be beat. I wouldnt even consider staying anywhere else in PV.
We cant wait to go back Dec 2011.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
surrey eh vo BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

We stayed at Los Arcos in December and had a fabulous time. The hotel is right in the middle of the action of old town Vallarta and the beach was the best. We loved it. We chose the all inclusive and it was well worth it. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I hear the bathrooms there are rated number 1, and I can see why, they were modern, clean and well maintained. I would recommend this hotel to anyone of any age group. We're planning to go back next year, maybe for longer.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

I had a great balcony, room 406. The wireless internet doesn't get up here that much so you have to walk downstairs to the lobby to use the internet. (A mere $100-200 could fix this with wireless repeaters but I don't think that they care).

This is my second time in this hotel. Chosen this time for it's location and pricing compared to the other hotels when booking at the last minute.

I didn't have all inclusive, but it is available in the hotel.

Maid was quick, no issues there at all. TV, Air conditioning, phone, large shower (wait for hot water), and lots of lights. Free safe.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Just returned from 2 weeks Playa Los Arcos and I do not know where to begin to tell you how incredible this place is, not only for its location but mainly for its fantastic people. Charlietomatoes is right, those who criticize this hotel do not deserve it!
Location OK, many reviews confirm it is excellent, middle of town and on the beach, but what I will remember most is the staff, so kind, so willing to help you, from front desk to restaurant, I made so many new friends like Jessica, Flavio, Jesus, Rogelio, Betulio, Aurelio, Lucy and I probably forget many. Playa Los Arcos is not an ultra modern bunker like you will find in Nuevo Vallarta, it is a nice Mexican hotel reflecting all the good things of Mexico, so if you want a taste of Mexico, come to my new home Los Arcos and meet my new family there, if you want a five star concrete wall with the same food as at home, stay away! The more people stay away, the more place there will be for true Mexico lovers like me. By the way, it took me 3 planes to get there from Belgium, but I would leave again tomorrow if I could!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

I rarely write reviews... but simply put Playa Los Arcos offers beachfront rooms for under $100 US. It is not luxury class but it has character and if you want to stay in the romantic one there is no better choice. It is within walking distance to everything... not much else to say except I have stayed there 10+ times, and I am a tough critic.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

Well I like to do my research and cost is a factor for me. I looked online for about two months before deciding to make this purchase and we all know how anxious one is to make sure they buy the 'perfect' experience. Well it certainly came close to that!

I travelled with my parents who are in their 60's, my husband and my almost 4 year old son. I read almost every review online as including Trip advisor to be the best source of 'real' reviews and I was not disappointed.

I was looking for a hotel that had character and a Mexican feel as I don't particularly like staying in big chains. I am a former backpacker and on my last travels 5 years ago in Mexico with Intrepid/GAP Adventures we stayed at a number of local hotels and it opened my eyes. I do like the Hilton etc.. not that they are not great - its that when I am in my room I could be in Honolulu or anywhere that has a Hilton.

Local ambience is exactly what we got. From the moment we hopped out of the taxi the service was fantastic. The bellhop was so helpful and attentive and made sure we were comfortable. Check in at reception looked a bit chaotic but was relatively quick. I would however recommend allowing at least 15 minutes when departing to the airport as there was a huddle of people with most people rushing about last minute.

We paid for an upgrade though after seeing the room we were switched to another and it was the best! I would recommend #320.
It has a direct view onto the water and you will not be disappointed.

The housekeeper Lupita was a godsend - I only wish I could take her home. My parents commented on the creative decoration she fashioned out of towels and then each day after that they came back to a new little surprise. It really made an impression on my parents who travel extensively.

The room was nice. Two large beds and everything we needed. The TV was a bit older but we were not there to watch tv so it did not bother us. We did have problems with the toilet 3 times but within a minute of calling a maintenance man was there and fixed it.

We did the all inclusive and I am so glad we did! We saved so much money! I calculated it and could have paid an extra $1000 USD for all the meals we ate! I never realized how expensive eating in PV could be!!

The hotel restaurant was nice, spacious and best of all had the best staff I have ever encountered. We stayed 7 days and it was nice to have our favorite waiters reserve a table for us - a nice touch that made us feel special. Our favorite waiter was Betulio - just great! Attentive, friendly and always had a smile!!

In terms of the buffet style breakfast, lunch and dinner I was happy with the range. I did have some reservations after reading some reviews online but am so glad we chose all inclusive! The fresh juices at breakfast were the best!! My favorite themed night was the Mexican Fiesta night otherwise there was always a fresh range of food -some repeated but I would recommend the fish every time.

The beach was beautiful -though it did take two days to get used to saying "No Gracias" every two seconds someone tried to sell us something. However.. in saying that...if you observe the sellers all day trudging through the sand in the heat - sometimes with babies on their backs or carrying heavy loads of merchandise - there really is no reason to get angry - they are just trying to survive. But if you are someone who cannot handle reality or don't want to on your vacation then I would stick to the pool area or maybe suggest staying at another hotel further out of town with a private beach.

The pool was nice - sure it was busy here and there with lots of Mexican children on the weekend but I liked that. My son made new friends and we all learnt Spanish from the children for about three hours one afternoon!

Lastly - we did go to the Spa and I had three massages, pedicure and a facial. My favorite lady was Luz. Great massage and impeccable pedicure. It is more expensive than on the street where a massage is $30 but I had one of those and went back to Luz to improve on that experience!

All in all a great trip - great memories and most memorable was the staff and location of this hotel that made this trip perfect!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Berlin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Stayed here for a week, the bathroom was not clean, balls of long hair were lying in the corners. No wonder, the cleaning staff uses traditional brooms. The whole room smelled wet like fungus, although it was on the 3rd floor. So the rooms were more a 2 star standard than a 4 star standard, despite a beautiful pool view and partly sea view.

The big advantage is the location of this hotel, right on the beach and right on the main entertainment street of Puerto Vallarta. I could hear some of the street music from the bars in my room, but if you like nightlife yourself, this is the closest place to everything. It was easy walking distance to all discotheques, bars and restaurants, coming home you don't need a taxi.
Another advantage is the jacuzzi with sea view right next to the bar. This is the contact center of the hotel, and it is easy to get in touch with US Americans as well as Mexicans.

Staff were friendly and plenty.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!