“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa

You added Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Olas Altas 380 | Col. Emiliano Zapata, Puerto Vallarta 48280, Mexico   |
Special Price
35% off room rate
Ranked #29 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2005

I'm gay and I had a great experience at this place. I don't understand the negative comments. Of course I wasn't trying to take a different guy to my room every night. I also dont swish and am not loud about my personal preference. They don't appreciate it in alot of countries. Heck--they don't want to see that in my own country either. This is Mexico. It's different here and you have to respect that. Otherwise don't come!

• Stayed March 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2005

This is a pretty, charming and very friendly Hotel. I've stayed here numerous times, and the customer service is always great, the price is right, the beach is awesome and the staff is always accomodating. I think for a budget hotel, it's awesome!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2005

We stayed here in late January, 2005 and were more than pleasantly surprised. We had actually rented a condo overlooking the city, but it was too much work to drive back and forth, so we moved to Playa Los Arcos. We got a master suite overlooking the water for $149 per night + tax. The room was large, clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and the location was A+. This was our second visit to PV and we had previously stayed at the Camino Real. We loved it, too, but don't like all inclusives, so we didn't go back. Playa Los Arcos has an AI plan as well, but there are far too many 4 star restaurants in PV to do an all inclusive. We met several people who have stayed at this hotel every year for years. We have already made our reservations for a master suite for next January. We actually tried to get reservations for February, but they were already booked. That tells you something!

• Stayed January 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2005

My husband and I went to Puerto Vallarta for our 10th anniversary. Our first impression of the hotel was that it was beautiful. We had booked the "Superior Room" which translates to VERY basic room with a very hard bed and a street view. The next morning we asked to upgrade to a better room and they were very helpful. We spent our next two nights in a beachview room with a kingsize bed and a balcony for about $30.00 more. Much, much, better. We did not do the All-Inclusive, it was much better to walk around and look for great places to eat. The hotel does have a very good breakfast buffet. If you want to check email or make a call, the PC Cafe is a good place to go. One last bit of info is, if you are taking kids and have any issues with the gay/lesbian lifestyle, you are very close to the gay beach and will see a lot of couples around.

• Stayed January 2005
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2005

We booked at their beach hotel and found the reviews we read were pretty much right. We had the bed and breakfast rate not the all-inclusive. On arrival the pool view we had requested was not available. So we were stuck in room 129 which backed up to the street. It was OK but not what we thought we paid for. Our mistake was taking it. I believe you should say this is not acceptable and go back down to the lobby and demand a better room. I think when you check in they give you the worst room in the class you have picked and hope that you take it. Actually the room was OK we just felt it was one of the worst located superior rooms.
The talk at the pool among at least 5 others was about getting on the so called list to get a better room. Everyday they told you to come back at noon, then 1pm, then 2pm, but they never had another room. Maybe if we had "tipped" them we would have got it. We found the staff courteous. Breakfast was fantastic. Drinks were really weak, but at happy hour(1-3,6-8) you got 2 drinks for 350 pesos. Our solution was to tell them only bring us one drink but double the alcohol in it. Then the drink was good.
The location, pool, beach is excellent. We loved walking to many very good restaurants. I would stay there again if the rate was still low, but I would negotiate for the room when I got there, and if it wasn't the best, I would forget about trying to change it. The area around the hotel is very interesting walking

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2005

Playa Los Arcos Hotel is truly a charming little resort. It's situated right on a beautiful beach, so many nearby attractions, and of course many shops, clubs, restaurants, bars and you-name-it all within walking distance. Not all things could be perfect, but sufficient enough to be able to enjoy hot sunny weather as compared to the cold freezing weather back home...that's why it's called a vacation. The staff are friendly, the rooms are a bit small, but cozy. Interestingly if you're lucky you'll run into resident iguanas by the pool or on the roofs. It's got the charms of Mexico, nothing quite comparable to home. The time-share and souvenir vendors are pests, but that's what adds to the feel of being far from home. I could go on and on, but to put it simply, if you stay at Playa Los Arcos, make sure you find out about what the All-Inclusive package entails. We's run into a young couple, more notably this humurous young Canadian fellow who was constantly complaining about how the All-inclusive package wasn't what it was cracked up to be, but gave us great advice: make sure you have yourself a cooler in your room so as to place your beers for the evening when the all-inclusive package ends at 10pm. It's a fun place, the evening entertainment is surely not to miss, just ask that young Canadian fellow and his Hawaiian Miss (you can't miss them as she was very fast popping his balloons if ya know what I mean) as they had won a great prize-a boat trip! Watch out for the moonshine as many locals offer, it sure got me!!!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2005

all inclusive sucks at this hotel, allinclusive ends at 10pm, the same food served everyday, you have to sign your bill, even though you wear a wrist band, many things (foods) are not included in the all inclusive deal.

I would not recomend this hotel if you enjoy all inclusive deals.

Been to Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!