Long overdue review; we stayed here last week of March 2011. Love the location; right in the middle of all the fun action, both day and night. We knew what to expect after reading TA regarding this hotel and we pretty much got what we thought we would get.
This is a well kept albeit older hotel. Having been to PV several times in the past, we were looking for an affordable hotel 'in the middle of it all' as opposed to a deluxe resort far far away from everything. IMO, PV is the one place in Mexico you can and should skip the AI resort options and that's what we did. So many great places to go, why would anyone want to be trapped on a resort?
The room was adequate, nothing fancy at all. Bathroom was a little dark, but it wasn't a big deal. I personally liked the charm of the 'old Mexico' feel this hotel possesses. We opted for one of the seaside rooms (we were actually in room 1) that overlooked the beach and had a shared balcony.
Here's what I would like to say with out rambling too much or repeating what others have said: If you do your homework and read TA before booking this hotel, you won't be surprised. It is not brand new, it is not super fancy. It is a quaint not-so-little hotel right in the middle of all the fun! Any negative reviews about PLA are probably from people venting that DIDN'T do their homework!! The star rating should tell the whole story. IMO, a place like PLA gets a higher rating from user reviews than its corresponding star rating because people are happier with what they got than what they expected. This is a 3 star resort and I'm giving it a 4 star review. It more than exceeded our expectations.
If you don't care about AI and want to venture out; if you are more concerned about location than having the nicest hotel room in town, if you'd rather spend your $$ on good drinks and good dinners, then PLA might just fit your bill!!
PS: There are two house iguanas that are around all the time. I think they're great and enjoyed seeing them. Will post them with some pics. Adios!!
PSS: If this is helpful, click the helpful button! THX
- Also Known As:
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort And Spa
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach
- Playa Los Arcos
- Playa Los Arcos Puerto Vallarta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming colonial Boutique Style Hotel designed and tastefully decorated to reflect style, refined hospitality and the unique flavor of the Mexican "Haciendas" of the 19th century. The recent decor is uniform and upgraded to compliment its charm and displaying the handiwork from Mexico. If you want to capture the true essence of Mexico this is the perfect place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, EasyToBook, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.