“Perfect location and excellent staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa

You added Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Olas Altas 380 | Col. Emiliano Zapata, Puerto Vallarta 48280, Mexico   |
Special Price
35% off room rate
Ranked #29 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Bend, Oregon
“Perfect location and excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I've stayed at Playa Los Arcos at least a dozen times over the past 18 years (some years we go to some other tropical destination). It is absolutely the best location in PV for anyone who wants to be in Mexico in a traditional style hotel with a wonderful beach and within easy walking distance of lots of great restaurants, shopping, the Malecon, the island, etc. The service is superb from the front desk to the guys setting up the beach chairs and umbrellas.

It will not satisfy people who want a sparkly new high rise exactly like they'd find in Los Angeles-one which dumps hundreds or thousands of people onto it's small slice of beach. Playa los Arcos is far to personal, small and charming. It's beach is perfect and uncrowded, except during Easter week. The hotel is older and the rooms smaller than the 3 or 4 other places we've stayed in PV, but everything about the experience and the location is the best. We don't consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We chose this hotel as we wanted an affordable oceanfront spa resort type place that wasn't filled only with Americans. We wanted an authentic Mexican experience and that is what we most certainly got!.
Pros: Location, staff, service, authentic Mexican.
Cons: Overcrowded facilities due to one day visitors, spa a joke and hotel is badly in need of renovations. It's very tired and dated. Rooms are worn, in need of maintenance and internet is only available in the noisy and uncomfortable lobby or restaurant.

This was my first time to Puerto Vallarta and, while I enjoyed my visit, it wasn't the relaxing, lay by the ocean, vacation I had anticipated. Impossible to relax on beach as lounge chairs are lined up shoulder to shoulder and vendors hawking everything from sunglasses to jewelry to toys walk up and down and in between the chairs ALL DAY LONG. They don't care if you are reading, with headphones or eyes closed. They will make sure you acknowledge them. I found it very annoying and would move to the pool to get away from them but it was filled with one day visitors and overcrowded and very noisy too. And, we were visiting in low season. Can't imagine what this place is like in high season.

Room Tip: I paid for an oceanfront room.. It was quieter but pigeons hung out on balconey making it unusable a...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I had so many doubts about staying there again. We ended up in a very nice ocean front room. No complaints about the room! The best location whatsoever, so close to the places I love the most for shopping, eating and interacting with my real Mexico. I still love Joe Jack’s, Tacos Panchos and Fredys Tucan among many others in the area. I still love Corazon to shop, shop, shop and I miss the best Frappuccino from Big Kahuna. They were the same few glitches with the reception personnel, being difficult with the reservation and not giving you the right room, as well as with so many people coming from outside to use the hotel facilities just for the day. Other than these, a memorable vacation!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Regina,SK Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I booked this hotel on a roulette site, so we booked and paid, and then found out where we were staying, to be honest I was a little afraid once i saw it, it didn't seem safe, it seemed little, but I am more then happy that we went through with the stay,
Apon arrival we were a little weary, there were no lights on except one little light behind the front desk, however the man behind the desk was extreamly helpful, so prompt and fluent. I was so happy. They gave us our room, room 1230. Don't stay in that room. it was teeny tiny, and smelt awful of damp and musty.
The next morning I woke up and realized we had no private balcony at all, I went down to the front desk and asked for us to be moved. They asked me to come back at 1pm and they would have us moved no problem.
They moved us into a gorgeous massive room with the most comfy king sized bed, and a perfect balcony. Although you do not take a vacation to spend in your room, the other room just didn't work for us.
The staff was amazing, they remebered our names, or drinks, how we liked our coffee, they were so prompt and fun. Ruben was our server in the resturant and I couldn't have asked for a better experience then with him!
The location was AMAZING! we were right downtown in old town vallarta and we could take a short walk to these secluded little beaches.
This really is a place for the romantics. Check it out, you won't be let down.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I can recommend this hotel for all but business travelers. The internet connection from my room would have been better if it did not exist because I wouldn't have been chasing that single bar for a half-hour. I went downstairs to the lobby and it wasn't much better.

Other than that, it's a fine hotel. The service, cleanliness, amenities, and location are hard to beat in the Romantic Zone. It's top-of-the-line for families. The pool is second to none in the area.

Room Tip: Book ahead online for best rate, even if same day
Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Chula Vista
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

We enjoyed the hotel room we stayed in ocean view pool below our room great service no complaints at all .Restaurants are all great and all close by . Should try mexican joes Great for all meals. recommend to all ......... : )

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

This is an older hotel in the romantic zone of old town Puerto Vallarta. If you're looking for an americanized trip to PV, then Nuevo Vallarta a few kilometers north is more your speed.
I've visited PV four times, the first three times in Nuevo Vallarta.
Playa Los Arcos was by far my favorite stay in PV. The old town, romantic zone of PV is far more culturally appealing than the resort community in Nuevo Vallarta. In old town, you'll find an eclectic and authentic array of Mexican shops and restaurants.
The Playa Los Arcos staff is friendly. They made fun of my Spanish, but in good nature, and its these sort of things that I find endearing on trips abroad.
The spot on the beach can't be beat. It's right smack in the middle of several beach restaurants including La Palapa and Daquiri Dick's, and within extended walking distance of the malecon, though the nightlife in the romantic zone at spots like the Palm was actually far more our speed.
The hotel restaurant on the beach has great food and service.
The aromatherapy massages at the spa also went over the allotted 50 minutes.
Great, warm swimming pool.
The hotel is older and has it's quirks, but is overall a great, clean place with a friendly staff in a great spot. I'll stay here again when I get the chance.

Room Tip: Request a balcony. A king bed is not essential.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!