Don't be out off by the un-impressive frontage! Behind a very bland facade opens up a huge airy atrium containing reception, lounge, and bar. We were checked in quickly, politely and efficiently, and were given a welcome drink. A concierge then explained the dining arrangements and we were whisked off to our room which yad all we needed, including air-con and mini-bar. Our room overlooked the side street, with a side-view of the ocean from our balcony, and so was quiet. Rooms overlooking the main road would be quite noisy.
The room, public areas hotel and grounds were kept immaculately clean. Linen and towels in your room are changed as often as you wish -daily if requested, every third day otherwise. The pool areas are very pleasant with plenty of loungers, though parasols are somewhat lacking.
The hotel's location is excellent - 15 mins drive from the airport, a 10 minute gentle stroll to the Malecon, and right by the beach - probably one of the best locations in town.
Food was always good. The buffets offered far more variety than we had anticipated and of good quality. The à la carte restaurants (which have to be booked daily between 9-12 for that evening) are probably not worth the effort. The Rodisso was quite good (though not as extensive in its meat choice as others we have been to), but the beachside Romantic Dining wasn't worth it from the food point of view - very mediocre the night we went and appallingly slow service (we sat for 30 mins before our order was even taken and it then took or ever to come. I later politely complained to reception and a young man took detailed notes, promising to raise my comments with the restaurant manager who would get back to me, though he didn't.) In future we would simply use the main restaurant which was perfectly good. Meal times were extensive.
We were on all-inclusive so all our drinks were included too. Alcohol is probably served by quantity rather than quality however.
Some reviews complain of 'too many locals' - but hey, this is Mexico and Mexicans go on holiday too! If you want only North Anercans, stay at home. Yes, there were lots of Mexican holiday-makers, but we took that as a good sign (locals rarely put up with bad food). And yes, one very small pool area (by the water loungers) was closed one day fom 3pm to allow staff to set up for a wedding. So we moved - no big deal!
Although checkout is noon, our flight didn't leave until the evening. But a polite request at the front desk ensured we kept our wrist bands (for food and drinks) until we left. The Bell boys locked our cases away and then made a room available to us bore departure where we could shower and change - well worth the $5 tip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the lively seaside town of Puerto Vallarta, Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Spa is the perfect Mexican resort for total relaxation.Located just five minutes from the downtown shops and restaurants, and 15 minutes from the airport, Buenaventura is the perfect Mexico beachfront resort to delight all of your senses. Enjoy our spacious rooms and suites offering stunning ocean views and modern amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Buenaventura Grand Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buenaventura Grand Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta