We recently returned for our vacation in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. We have travelled there for many years and this year we decided to book our hotel for its proximity to the down town core. After spending some time reviewing many options, we chose the Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Spa. We were enticed by the beautiful views and accessibility of the Ocean, the amenities of the hotel and beautiful pictures of the resort. We upgraded our vacation package to the premier package. On our arrival, we were greeted warmly; everyone was polite, smiling, and very helpful. Our check in was processed quickly. Upon checking into our room we were very pleased, it was clean, well-stocked (coffee, towels and bar fridge) and the view were exactly as advertised. However…
For the next four days we had many issues with the maid, room service and cleaning staff and front desk. On our second day I requested coffee for our room, as the maid had not left any. I wrote it on the note pad supplied by the hotel with a hotel supplied pen. Not only did we NOT receive any coffee, the maid also took the pen. For the next couple of days I continued to request she leave coffee to no avail, we eventually purchased a pound of coffee from the OXXO store down the street.
After four days, I wrote another note to the maid (with a pen the front desk had kindly lent me) so she could PLEASE change our bedding and left it on the bed. I then placed the note pad under several other papers I had on the dresser, this time she went through our papers and took the note pad. We continuously had to call for face clothes, towels and a bath mat. We were always short something. She even went to the extent of re-arranging our personal bath items daily. Twice during our stay we actually received bath towels … at 10:30 PM!!!. The second time we were asleep when she continuously knocked on the door (which had a do not disturb sign on it) until we answered it. On Monday February 4th we planned a tour to San Sebastian, we requested a wakeup call because the radio alarm didn’t seem to work (turns out, the maid kept turning off the alarm clock) we NEVER received our wakeup call. We barely made our connection to the Vallarta Adventures office for our departure.
One of our biggest complaints with this hotel was the comfort of the resort. There was no comfortable seating at the pool area or resort grounds. There were loungers and hard bar stools only. Many of the vacationers there complained about the setting. At the pool and lounge bars we had to continuously remind the bar tenders about the premier liquor, although you could clearly see our black select bands. Which reminds me, the bar fridge in our room was stoked with 2 light and 2 regular local Mexican beer, not the premier alcohol beverages we thought we paid for.
We fully understand that you can’t please everybody, but this was totally ridiculous. During our stay we tipped the bellboys, waiters, maids, and bartenders well over $250.00 in U.S. currency, so we are not cheap. For the most part we are dissatisfied with our stay at the Buenaventura Grand Hotel and although we intend to continue our yearly vacation to Puerto Vallarta, I’m sorry to say that we highly doubt we will return to the Buenaventura Grand. Jorge & Alberto the waiter and Bartender were great, food was great... but if you want to relax and sit in a comfortable chair find somewhere else. This resort is NOT for older people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the lively seaside town of Puerto Vallarta, Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Spa is the perfect Mexican resort for total relaxation.Located just five minutes from the downtown shops and restaurants, and 15 minutes from the airport, Buenaventura is the perfect Mexico beachfront resort to delight all of your senses. Enjoy our spacious rooms and suites offering stunning ocean views and modern amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Buenaventura Grand Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buenaventura Grand Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta