We booked an ocean front- deluxe room with a request to king bed and that was done 3 months in advance and we called them as well before leaving home country to make sure our reservations are in line.. Our flight reached there early in morning at 9 am, so they made us wait because hotel policy requires check in at 3 PM.
After waiting for few hours we were given a room and when we go to room only to realize it is not an ocean front but a garbage area front, we immediately go back to reception and tell them that we paid extra $$ bucks to get a deluxe and ocean front room and this can't be our room..
Now, they made us wait until 3:30ish and then, they try to give us a room with two single beds and with a partial view to ocean in such a way that you have to hang out of balcony, may be do a bit of gymnastic moves and then , yes!! you get a glimpse of ocean :-((
By this time my husband 's patience ran out; after waiting for almost whole day and still, not getting the kinda room we paid for..At this time, receptionist tries to convince that she knows for a fact that all the rooms shown to us are ocean front and deluxe!!
we made a scene and finally told her to come with us and see for herself before making us wait for hours. We show her word by word it says in our reservation "ocean front deluxe room with a king bed"...finally by 4:30 we were given a room.
SO MUCH FOR A FAIL DEAL....AND SO MUCH FOR THEIR HOSPITALITY!!
and yes, room was a mediocre room. as per location, this hotel is close to downtown but still 20 mins walk. service through out the stay was average...hotel looks much outdated in reality than in pics on TripAdvisor.
They all inclusive is a joke, they had few kid's activities but nothing fancy. definitely not something for which you would like to stay inside the hotel all day. Food was okay, no great. a bit noisy till late night.
Highly tip oriented system. One time you are in pool and not carry wallet to save it from getting wet and you don't tip , next time service to your table/room will greatly suffer.
I am not staying here again and my advice- take your dollars elsewhere and stay in well known hotels than this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the lively seaside town of Puerto Vallarta, Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Spa is the perfect Mexican resort for total relaxation.Located just five minutes from the downtown shops and restaurants, and 15 minutes from the airport, Buenaventura is the perfect Mexico beachfront resort to delight all of your senses. Enjoy our spacious rooms and suites offering stunning ocean views and modern amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Buenaventura Grand Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buenaventura Grand Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta