“Great Stay, Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Buenaventura Grand Hotel and Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Mexico 1301, Puerto Vallarta 48350, Mexico   |
Ranked #45 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Calgary, Canada
“Great Stay, Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I and 4 others (two couples) stayed here from Nov. 24th till Dec. 1st. It was a great Hotel in a Wonderfull location. We arrived early in the afternoon so our rooms were not avalible at that time, No big deal, we sat and had something to eat and a couple of drinks, and within a couple of hours our rooms were clean, fresh, and ready to go.
The staff were Great. Very friendly and helpful, even though we spent alot of time in town looking around, and going on tours, they still got to know us by name, both the resturant and bar staff.
It is a well priced Hotel considering the location, in town close to the Malacon (10 min. walk) and still has a Great Beach out front that will get you to the Malacon as well. This is my 10th stay in Puerto Vallarta, always at different resorts some being out as far as the Marina and one being right in Old Town, but I will be staying here again for my next visit.
The service was Great, the People were very Friendly, and the Location is wonderful.
Read the negative reviews with an open mind, some people wil complain that they did not get food delivered to thier feet while they sat on thier chairs on the beach, or that the some or the rooms may be on the small side. People, If you require Suites to sleep in and 5-6 star service, go to a 6 star resort and Pay for it !!! This is a smaller sized resort with Great service, all at a Very Reasonable price.
Will stay here again, and I will recomend

1,052 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

There are some not so pleasant reviews about Buenaventura and I disagree with them all. My experience was great and so was my friends. They staff was great. By then end of our stay they knew out names and we fast, even by 'Mexican time' standards. The rooms were cleaned every day getting every grain of sand we hauled in at night with out of the room. The food was good and had a great variety between the food options and different themes each night which was great. The ground were keep extremely clean as well as the beach. I would recommend this for any one from families to a group of friends traveling together (I was in a group of friends). I will be going back and have recommend this hotel to my sister for her wedding this spring.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room not facing the street. Is a little bright and noise in the mid morning and...
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is hotel is definitely no frills, but the rooms are clean. The bar/beach/pool staff were great. The front desk, I would give a 0 rating. When I left to check out, they cut off my bracelet. What I wasn't happy about is the fact that I wasn't leaving for 3 hours yet. I have stayed in Puerto Vallarta probably 25 times, and never once did they leave me stranded with no food/drinks. I have always kept the all inclusive bracelet until the moment I had to go back to the airport. The front desk staff were horrible about it and just didn't want to help out at all. They blame my tour rep that they should have told me, but didn't want to take responsibility that they didn't say anything during my check in. Terrible, terrible service.

The other thing that was changed is that they used to serve food pool or beach side, not anymore. This is a beach resort, who wants to get dressed and go into the dining room to eat!!!

Could use another dining room for sure. Would be nice to have a bit more choice of food options.

Having said that, if you can get past really poor front desk people, the other staff were great and the location, well, you can't beat it!!!

High River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Buenaventura in the begining of October and we had an amazing time.It was our first time in Puerto Vallerta and we would definetly go back. We were really close to the board walk and to the clubs! The entertainment coordinators at the hotel were fantastic! We met Jorge our second day during water arobics and had a blast. We were really impressed
with the entertainment that was provided. We did everything from beach volleyball to spanish bingo. My personal favorites were playing black jack and learing how to mix drinks behind the bar with Jorge! Thanks for a great family vacation, we will definatly recommend this resort to our friends and famliy!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
galway ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is very central with 3 pools and its located on its own private beach ,staff are excelent and the food is very good ,so the all in package is great.
The beautiful interior with its air conditioning makes it very comfortable to stay inside if its too hot outside .I will be back again.

Room Tip: sea view is spectacular
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel was over booked and under staffed. Upon arrival, we were greated and loved on, but once you step foot into the actual room, you are completely forgotten. Check in is 3:00 p.m., and we arrived around 4:00 p.m., and no towels were in the room. Every day had to call down to get towels and they could not provide any until after 5:00 p.m. The hotel has 325 rooms and they reserved 3/4 of the hotel for college students due to a conference, but once the college students were done and by the bars and pools, again completely ignored.

The only way to get service would be if you tipped and I so believe in tipping, but to get 1 drink you had to leave a minimum of $2.00 per drink. I will go back to Puerta Vallarta, but will not stay or recommend this hotel to anyone. Referred by friends who were with us and they will not stay again.

I could go on and on, but so not worth my time.

Room Tip: Choose wisely and then rethink your choice before staying at this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Me and my family just stayed for a week at the Buenaventura Hotel. It was my first time in Mexico. I really enjoyed my stay, its located at the edge of downtown so your only a 10min walk from the boardwalk shops and resteraunts. The bartenders and pool servers are awesome, they remembered my drink everytime. The have 4 pools; one big one, one medium one for water volleyball, one kiddie pool and a small one facing the beach with chairs in it. The only downside I have to this hotel is 1. The front desk is kinda rude, and 2. The food is not that good. They have an awesome breakfast and great a la carte dinner. But the normal lunch and dinner buffets kinda suck. Its way better to eat off the resort.
Also a big plus to this resort is the activity guys that come around; they have water aquasize, volleyball, poker,bingo, etc. Very cute and a lot of fun!
Tip: if your a couple, do the Rhythms of the Night excursion; most romantic and amazing night Ive ever had.

Room Tip: Get a ocean view room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Buenaventura Grand Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!