After 30 years, we once again visited Posada Roger and fell in love with it all over again. While purusing hotels in P.V. we were pleasantly surprised to see that Roger's was still up and running and it peaked our curiousity enough to go back. In point of fact, the hotel managed to keep all of its charm and upgrade its facitity. Another floor has been added since we last visited, but we were actually assigned next door to the room that we had so long ago. No, the staff didn't remember us (!), but they were very hospitable and helpful. This is a budget hotel (we paid approx. $45.00-$50.00 a night for 2 people) with rooms on the smallish side, but there is air con and also a ceiling fan in each room, which are important to my needs. Another plus is free Wi Fi internet. The courtyard is abundant and overflowing with lovely flowers(see photos). An outdoor pool has been added to the second floor with some addittional sunning and sitting areas. The location is unbeatable. We strolled the beach and ate at great restaurants close to the hotel. If you walk by the office, there is a restaurant connect to the hotel called 'Toucan'. It is fantastic for breakfast. I like a few cups of coffe in the morning to get me going and they will keep refilling your coffee all for the same price of one cup (less than $2.00). Another close by restaurant that we thought fantastic for dinner was 'Fajita Republic'. The setting is lovely and the food even better. I ordered the veggie faijatas (104 pesos) one night and the next night had the fish faijtas (118 pesos). Fantastic. Read the other articles by previous travellers. That rooster is still crowing so best to avoid that side of the building when getting a room. We will return and hopefully it won't be another 30 years!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a real Mexican-style hotel in downtown Puerto Vallarta, surrounded by beautiful gardens and authentic Mexican architecture. Our personalized service, always cordial and efficient, assures that you will return home with a smile on your face!We are located one block from the main beach in old town, 2 minutes walk to the malecon ‘the sea walk’, and 20 minutes to the International Airport.We are very close to shopping areas, markets, internet cafes, as well as to other services to make your vacations simply perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Posada de Roger reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Roger Puerto Vallarta
- Posada Roger Hotel Puerto Vallarta