“Excellent management and great value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Posada de Roger

Save Saved
You added Hotel Posada de Roger to your Saves list
Hotel Posada de Roger
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Basilio Badillo 237 | Colonia Emiliano Zapata, Puerto Vallarta 48380, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
$33 (USD)
Ranked #18 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent management and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Posada de Roger has everything you might want in a Mexican hotel. It's located in the older, more traditional part of Puerto Vallarta, close to the beach and near many restaurants and bars. The hotel architecture itself is distinctive, with a soothing interior garden-patio, in the Spanish style.
Our room was very quiet; we slept well every night. Dario, the charming and easy-going person who manages the hotel, ensures that eveything is going smoothly and that any concern of the guests is immediately met. All the staff are competent and very agreeable. (I especially remember Orlando at the front desk, who was knowledgeable and helpful.) TV with many channels in English is available in the room. Not to be overlooked is the swimming pool that allows for that needed dip when the weather gets hot.
One more thing to note is the cleanliness of the rooms, which are attended to daily.
In short, I was surprised at how pleasant an experience we had at the hotel Posada de Roger for such a reasonable price. Our stay there contributed so much to the enjoyment of our vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for a QUIET room, and you will be accommodated.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
posadaroger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experience about your stay in your home Posada Roger, your feedback is very important to us it helps us know that we are on the right path in our efforts to provide outstanding customer service. I´m glad you had a nice stay with us, enjoying our rooms, the gardens and all our facilities.

Your satisfaction is paramount to us and your kind words are very motivating. We sincerely thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination and hope to have the pleasure to serve you again in the near future.

It is a pleasure!
Best Regards.

377 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed in April 2013, and we were very happy. A great location, walking distance to the best mexican coffee("Cafe de olla") a great bakery across the street and five minute walk to the beach. The staff is friendly and efficient, the rooms are clean (I loved my balcony over looking the street) we slept good it was quiet.There was a very nice farmers market one day right across the street, Mexican and American vendors who live in Puerto Vallarta overall we enjoyed our stay. I being an avid gardener loved the plants all over the Hotel, especially the mango tree in the middle of the courtyard! I highly recommend this Hotel to travelers who enjoy meeting the locals, and also travelers that enjoy walking to evening entertainment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your thoughts about our facilities and service. Please, rest sure that your comments will be always considered an important tool to improve ourselves.

It makes us happy to hear you specially enjoy our gardens and the flowers, I am also glad to hear you enjoy the Downtown area and that you were able to enjoy the beautiful places around the property.

I will be happy to extend your message to our staff of the great comments you have made about their service and attentions; We look forward to seeing you again at your home Posada Roger.

Best Regards!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I alway have enjoy my stay there. The grounds are covered in plants in full bloom. Be sure to have breakfast next door at Tucan's. It is an old hotel but that only adds to its charm. It's walking distance to the beach and in the center of all the evening entertainment. I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed March 2013
posadaroger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experience about your stay in your home Posada Roger. I´m glad you had a nice stay with us, enjoying our garden and the Restaurant.

It is a pleasure!
Best Regards
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have stayed at this Hotel four or five times now. I love the location and very safe to walk anywhere even late night. The rooms are basic but very clean with a/c, flat screen TV and ceiling fans. Overall, I have great stays at this Hotel.

The staff are quite friendly and very accommodating. Dario and Sonya will do almost anything to make your stay a very good experience. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone. If you are a snob, this Hotel is not for you. I look for location (for walking), and cleanliness and this Hotel meets and exceeds these requirements!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
posadaroger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your thoughts about our facilities and service. I am also glad to hear you enjoy the Downtown area and that you were able to enjoy the beautiful places around the property.

Your satisfaction is paramount to us and your kind words are very motivating, We look forward to seeing you again at your home Posada Roger.

Best Regards!
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stay at this hotel every year and love love love it. The location is fantastic and the staff are friendly. It is very safe and you can walk out your door and be at the beach in 5 minutes - and grab a latte on your way at the little coffee shop on the corner. The rooms are clean and quaint, but as a warning, my husband does think that it is a little noisy - I usually drink a little too much wine and have no issue with this - perhaps he needs to drink more. I am a hotel snob and it is certainly no Fairmont, but definitely the best in PV if you want a great location. ;)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with 3 beds.....they are much larger for the same price.....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Be assured that your comments have been shared with all the staff members and I am confident that each one of them is delighted in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

We hope to have you back soon!
Regards,
So Calif Mountains
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Overall this budget hotel was clean, has a friendly staff, and a good location for a fair price. However, the inner rooms can get noisy with the echoing voices of children and early squawking birds in the courtyard trees. Unless you are a very early riser, avoid of room 111 and assumably other rooms under the stairs. The ceiling of room 111 is directly under the main walkway and staircase to the restaurant so every 5 minutes starting before 6:00am the loud boots and shoes stomping down the stairs startles you awake, not a pleasant way to start a vacation day. The rooms are spartan but clean with a ceiling fan (my a/c was not working), phone, flat screen tv, hot water with a shower wand, there is no in-room coffee, a mini-fridge costs an extra $5 per day, and a taxi to the airport is 120 pesos. I'm not a picky traveler and would consider staying here again but I would be very selective of which room to accept due to the early morning noise issues.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that your time here was not as pleasant as we hoped it to be . We finish to install soundproof windows to avoid these situations, we also have quieter rooms on the third floor, and just finish to change all of our air conditioners.

Please, rest sure that your comments will be always considered an important tool to improve ourselves. We hope to have you once more as a guest and be able to show you the improvements made.

Kind regards,
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on two "one night" occasions in March, 2013. The rooms were clean with A/C, one on the second floor above the street was a bit noisy, the one on the 1st floor internally was very quite, small, basic and comfortable.

The staff were very helpful. The hotel restauarnt was nothing special but there's a great restaurant just across the street.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. It is great news for us to know you had such a great stay with us. We appreciate your comments about the service you received from our staff and your point of view about our rooms, we do our best to maintain our property as clean as possible and always have our guest happy.

We look forward to seeing you at our property again.

Been to Hotel Posada de Roger? Share your experiences!