“Two Night Stay at this hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Posada de Roger

Save Saved
You added Hotel Posada de Roger to your Saves list
Hotel Posada de Roger
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Basilio Badillo 237 | Colonia Emiliano Zapata, Puerto Vallarta 48380, Mexico   |
Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #18 of 121 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Calgary, Canada
“Two Night Stay at this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on two "one night" occasions in March, 2013. The rooms were clean with A/C, one on the second floor above the street was a bit noisy, the one on the 1st floor internally was very quite, small, basic and comfortable.

The staff were very helpful. The hotel restauarnt was nothing special but there's a great restaurant just across the street.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
posadaroger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. It is great news for us to know you had such a great stay with us. We appreciate your comments about the service you received from our staff and your point of view about our rooms, we do our best to maintain our property as clean as possible and always have our guest happy.

We look forward to seeing you at our property again.

389 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I love this place. I always travel alone as my husband hates to travel but I feel safe here. The staff are warm and helpful when you need them but otherwise leave you alone. You carry your own key and don't pass the desk to get to your room so you can be incognito.
It's very clean, thanks to people like Rosa.
It's full of flowers and plants and the courtyard is welcoming. I love the free drinking water and once again managed to avoid using any plastic bottles. The communal kitchen is nice! The neighborhood is my favorite...minutes from the beach and great restaurants. After checking out 10 hotels in the area this is my favorite. Special thanks to Juan Carlos, Dario and Celia for their help. It's an awesome deal and I can't wait to return. Viva Vallarta!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
posadaroger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. It is always satisfying to know you enjoy our services We strive to give the best service posible and make you feel at home!! we do our best to maintain our property as clean as possible and always have our guest happy. We are glad to here you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to have you back soon!
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I booked my trip to Vallarta from Canda, just 24 hours before departure and via an on-line booking tool. I knew I was exposed to some surprises due to the last minute booking , however ended up more than happy and thankful I made this choice.
This hotel is amazing value for a true Pto Vallarta experience' location is excellent, walking distance to restaurants , beach, art galleries, lounges and more , and while enjoying a true Mexican flavored hospitality. The staff is very friendly , the rooms are small but well maintained and spotless clean.
If you are the all inclusive type of traveller, pls look for your hotel type choice, let loyalty points and amenities direct your decision. However if you are looking for " Experience and true travel ", the Hotel Posada will do it...and for cheap!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Good afternoon,

The staff of Hotel Posada Roger appreciated your preference and share with us your experience, our location helps to have many points of interest nearby and easily enjoy them, we are pleased to know that your stay was an excellent experience, your comments are a constant motivation for improve our services offered.

We hope you can back soon!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Posada de Roger for many years.
The staff is always friendly and helpful with directions. The rooms are cleaned daily while you are out shopping or spending the day at the beach. The location s unbeatable. Two blocks from the beach and central to many top restaurants within one block. The best breakfast in PV is right door to the hotel. They also have a reader board next to the reception desk that has listed any upcoming events you might want to check out. On saturdays there is a huge Farmers Market located on the street in front of the hotel.
(Check dates as I don't think this is year round). You rates are very reasonable when you consider the location, daily maid service, flat screen t.v., air conditioning and a great staff.

• Stayed April 2013
Good afternoon!

On behalf of all staff of Hotel Posada Roger want to thank your comments and reiterate our commitment to service and our main goal is your satisfaction, Thanks for having stayed with us, it's nice to know that our service and facilities were to your liking.

We hope you can back soon to this your home!
New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel pretty much matched my expectations. Our room was large, clean, and had plenty of hot water. The decor was rustic and worn around the edges. It really could use some redecoration. But the location of the hotel so near the beach and lots of good places to eat is excellent. The street noise mostly went away by midnight and being on the third floor we really were not bothered by it.

The ground floor restaurant provided us with some of the best breakfasts we had during our 3 weeks in Mexico.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
posadaroger, Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we appreciate them very much.
We are actually in the proccess of remodeling the hotel and also upgrading some furniture and mattresses, everything has been done little by little but already have many changes done. We hope that on your next visit these changes will be complete and ready for your enjoyement.
We are glad your stay was pleasant.
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

First of all, I would like to say that staff is efficient and doing their best to make your stay as good as possible. The hotel is also very clean and very well located. Some clients seemed to be regulars.

BUT - The hotel is rundown. I've done many trips around the world and this is probably the worst place I've been to. The first room I was in was simply a closet in the back corner of the yard. It was noisy and had no daylight. The smell of detergent was so strong when I arrived my eyes were tearing. And it wasn't really possible to air the room since no air was coming in. I asked to change room, and they did after a few days because I was told the hotel was full (though it had a vacancy sign on the door). The second room was better and bigger but still far from, in my view, the 4 stars I had read in the reviews (far far far from it!). At least, in the new room, I couldn't hear all the noise anymore. The beds were uncomfortable in both rooms and made my back hurt. (I don't have a back problem...) Bathrooms were very basic and outdated. Toilet wasn't working properly in the first room. And shower leaked in the bedroom in the second. It also took a while before you got any hot water. I couldn't see a lady stay in the room since the mirrors were simply not practical.

Some friends wouldn't believe me so I had them visit the room. They totally agreed with my review of the hotel.

Remember you have to leave a deposit for everything (keys, remote control, security box, etc.). 20 pesos here, 100 pesos there, etc. Advice: give your credit card number, it will make things simpler.

Would I recommend the place? No, for a few dollars more in PV you can get a lot more and you will still be travelling on a budget. I had chosen this hotel based on the reviews and I don't think they are neutral. As said before, this hotel is not near 4 stars, at most it would be a 2 or 2.5 stars because of the state of the rooms, the level on (no) luxury.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
posadaroger, Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Good afternoon,
We appreciate your comments and would like to let you know that we as a Hotel, always try to satisfy our guest needs and as you can see we do have several reviews that can testify to that.
At the moment we are still in process of remodeling all of our mattresses. Most of our rooms already have them and we also have extra bed padding for extra comfort, you can request them at the front desk. We are sorry to hear your stay wasn't as expected but we are a 3 star hotel not a 4 star hotel nor luxurious.
We do recognize we have a great location, near restaurants, bars, the beach and malecon but it can also mean a little more noise. It is important to mention though that we do have very quiet rooms, you can request them and we will do our best to reserve them for you.
Norris Point, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Having stayed here in 2012, we decided on our return visit to PV to stay here again. Why wouldn't we? The room was more than adequate, the price was really good value for this area, the location is perfect for us -- just a short walk to the beach, and some of the best restaurants in PV are literally across the street. The people who work here are just wonderful -- always very helpful, courteous and friendly. If we return to PV next year -- and we hope to -- we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
posadaroger, Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments,each and every comment is very helpful and appreciated. we hope to have you back soon as well !

Been to Hotel Posada de Roger? Share your experiences!