Just got back from another stay at Roger, and, as always, it was perfect. When you go to Vallarta, you make a choice: fabulous condo or hotel? Beach or in the hills? With this hotel, you get a clean, friendly, inexpensive hotel a few blocks from the beach and near a lot of the best bars and restaurants. It's in Zona Romantica, which is hands-down the best area to stay in PV.
The hotel is basic, but not too basic. They have wi-fi, safes at the desk, AC and ceiling fans. Some rooms have tiny balconies. The upper area has a good pool and a bunch of decks for sunning or recovering. The area by the front desk has a cute garden area with a fountain. Importantly, there's a good solid breakfast place attached, Freddy's Tucan, which is a god-send if you had too many margaritas the night before.
The staff is nothing but friendly and accommodating, and the housekeepers do a wonderful job of keeping the rooms clean.
The hotel isn't for everyone. It isn't a four star by any means. There can be a bit of street noise, and someone somewhere nearby has a rooster that won't shut-up. I wouldn't recommend it for a honeymoon or something. But if you're looking for a clean, comfortable place to toss your flip-flops in while you explore PV, this is the place.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Roger Puerto Vallarta
- Posada Roger Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a real Mexican-style hotel, surrounded by beautiful gardens and authentic Mexican architecture. Our personalized service, always cordial and efficient, assures that you will return home with a smile on your face! HOTEL POSADA ROGER offers 47 standard rooms, with one or two double beds, bathroom, telephone, cable television, free wireless internet service, air conditioning, and ceiling fan, decorated with the charm and magic of traditional Mexican style. We invite you to our swimming pool and roof terrace surrounded with gardens, to use our community kitchen, as well as to breakfast and lunch at our famous restaurant bar. Enjoy reading or relaxing in our courtyard, where you can trade books with other guests. We are located one block from the main beach in old town, 2 minutes walk to the malecon ‘the sea walk’, and 20 minutes to the International Airport. We are very close to shopping areas, flea markets, internet cafes, as well as to other services to make your vacations simply perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Olotels, Expedia, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Posada de Roger reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.