“Good but needs Improvement” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Los Arcos Suites

You added Los Arcos Suites to your Saves list
Los Arcos Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Manuel M. Dieguez No. 164 | Col. Emiliano Zapata, Puerto Vallarta 48380, Mexico   |
Ranked #42 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Ocean Grove, New Jersey
“Good but needs Improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

The location of this hotel is ideal. A half block off the main street in the romantic zone with many restaurants & bars. Only 1 and a half blocks from the beach. Even though the hotel is a block off a very noise street hotel is quiet almost an oasis. I start with the location because that is the best thing going for Los Arcos Suites.

The people that work here are about average. From check-in person to the cleaning staff no one stood out.

The rooms are good size but dated, very dated. The beds were decent. The pillows are good. The smell of mold & mildew were not. The shower flooded the floor no matter how we positioned the shower curtain. When we used towels to wipe up the water they were cover in dirt. This place has such potential to be a really good hotel but is in much need of an updating to bring from the late 70's or early 80's into the current decade.

I would recommend this hotel mainly because of the location. If you are expecting a great place and not willing to look past it's faults do not stay here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011 via mobile

This hotel enjoys a great location in the Zona Romantica, that is the best thing I can say about it. Oh yes, and it is cheap so a pretty good value I guess. My room had a musty odor during my 6 night visit. The room was pretty large and has a full kitchenette (ancient) and pans/dishes. The maids do a good job cleaning but the hotel is long in the tooth and could use a good renovation. Doors are paper thin and all surfaces are either tile or stucco so every noise reverberates into the rooms, including my neighbors' daily loud sex at 2 a.m. There is a family across the street, next to the Susanna, with birds that chirp from sunrise and puppies that bark. I was never told that there is a pool available to me atop the Susanna across street. The front desk ladies were sort of pleasant, but in a forced way. My friend, staying nearby, came to pick me up for dinner and was told that he is not permitted up to my room!! I guess they want to avoid prostitutes but a heavyset 55 year old American?? It is absurd and rudely enforced. Btw, small bathroom but plenty of hot water. Bed very firm, sheets very old and thin. Bottom line, I am going to say I recommend this place here, but wi major reservations. If you have very low expectations and a tight budget, this is a basic place in a great (if a bit noisy) location. Nobody uses the sad pool at this place, so I would ask for a room facing e courtyard pool and that might be quieter.

• Stayed December 2010
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

We stayed 6 nights at the Los Arcos Suites and enjoyed it very much. The property sits a block off the beach on the edge of a working class neighborhood with barking dogs and kids playing in the street. Our suite was very comfortable, clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable with good quality sheets that were refreshing after the day in the sun and sand. We will be sure to stay again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

The Lobby of this hotel was amazing and appealing, some people buy it (like us) and stay there.
SERVICE:
Was simply horrible ! Front Desk workers were rude & not professional. They could barely speak English & did not understand what we were saying to them.
Worker who worked in the restaurant/bar were also rude and had no emotions at all. It felt like they hated their job with passion & I always felt like they were talking sh88t right infront of me and then were laughing that I couldn't understand. In order for us to get a refill, we pretty much had to put down $5US on table, then they would pretty much do anything for you. But when you don't or give them pessos, they ignore you or act like you are the most annoying thing on Earth. That offended me alot!!!!
The ROOM:
We had to switch rooms twice ! ! !! They were all nasty and dirty and smelled really really bad. I wanted to die when I was in there. This is why we spent most of the time outside by the beach and just came back to crash. The bed was hard as rock and smelled funny.
FOOD:
There was only 1 buffet/restaurant there, and the food was simple, always the same, and I barely ate. My bf on another hand liked food.
One thing I loved was the location of this hotel. It was a minute away from the beach, shopping, and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Chania Town, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

The location is the best! The room was smelling moisty and the furniture were old, but it was spacious and clean.The kitchen had a new coffee machine, the bathroom clean but old fashioned and you have the feeling that you live in a village..If you don't mind simple and not luxarious room you won't have any problem! We got used to the smell in 2-3 days.. since both other rooms that we were showed were smelling the same..I would recommend it only if you don't expect much of the place and you want a good location and a nice beach close to you!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Having had our romantic and secluded stay up the coast, we wanted an inexpensive hotel on the beach in Puerto Vallarta to meet up with friends who had a condo nearby. Los Arcos did the job. It has a good lobby and common areas, well decorated in the typical (ok, stereotypical) Mexican hacienda style. Location on the beach was good and convenient. Room was smallish but suitable, bathroom not good, and there was a balcony with a view of the pool and a little of the bay. We didn't spend much time in the room, or hotel common areas, and we didn't use the pool. Pool was crowded with kids, who seemed to be having a great time. I could see this being a good choice for families, but I wouldn't recommend it for singles or romantic couples. Staff was overburdened and could use more help, but they managed to put on a smile most of the time.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
harpist1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

you know, this is actually a pretty nice hotel and privledges of Hotel Susanna 's pool is great too.
The stairway halls are dark and the stair was a little broken and i fell in the stairway on to the other set of stairs comeing down and if it was not for the strong Sol bottle of beer i had in my hand that i first hit the stair with it would have broke in my hand .whew! though my knee was bleeding and had a lot of grit in it .i when to the desk for a bandage and some thing to clean it with and they were not concerned a bit and they did not have any first aid kit or nothin except some old bottle of some chalky crap that i still dont know what it was. I sat out by the pool and tended to my bleeding knee no giant deal but i walked around pv with a bandaged knee and by the desk of course many times a day and no one from the staff said boo !? i am thinking of going back but ,i feel they owe me something...... an opology would have sufficed.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Los Arcos Suites? Share your experiences!