This was our 4th time visiting this hotel in the last 3 years, and again, we are very satisfied. We would come back again.
it's an older hotel, so you cannot expect 5 stars, however having a kitchenette, and larger than normal rooms with a balcony makes up for it! If you are up to it there are several places to by food for breakfast/lunch if you want to save some bucks on going out for all 3 meals each day. A trip to MEGA (huge grocery store $8 taxi) is also a good idea if you are staying for a while.
The weekends get pretty busy with tourists and local travelers, so the main pool and beach can get a little crowded, but we used this as an opportunity to make some friends while we were there.
A nice improvement since our last visit was the hotels internet - which is free. In the past it was not reliable but they have made upgrades, and it is now more than acceptable. I was even able to stream a live MLB baseball in HD on a day where we needed to be out of the sun (sunburn!)
The rooftop pool at Casa Dona Susana (part of the 3 hotels included) is a great option for a more relaxed time. The pool is not heated, so it's good on a hot day.
A huge benefit to the hotel is the location we never had to take a taxi once during the trip as you can walk to all the food spots and nightlife in 5 minutes. It's also in the 'gay' area of town, and everyone there respected our LGBT relationship.
Regarding the staff - they always immediately responded to any requests that we had. Specifically Javier Fransisco Ponce from the hotels main desk was exceptionally helpful. He speaks the best English of anyone at the hotel, so we always relied on him when he was working.
If I had to say something was missing it would be the beach towels. I think they have been reusing the same set since out first trip 5 years ago. They are "clean" but worn out with some holes, and the occasional stain. I think it's time for a new set Los Arcos!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOS ARCOS SUITES is a beautiful and cozy boutique style hotel of exquisite colonial Mexican architecture. Without any doubt, this hotel is the perfect place to stay and enjoy an unforgettable vacation on the beach, the best option for honeymoons, a couple getaway or a family fun vacation. PERFECTLY LOCATED in the heart of the Romantic Zone, an area full of galleries, restaurants and incredible nightlife, only steps away from the vibrant downtown adn the famous brodwalk of Puerto Vallarta. You can have the Restaurant and Bar, Beach Cub, and the Spa sevices of our sister hotel Playa Los Arcos, located half block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Los Arcos Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Arcos Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Los Arcos Puerto Vallarta