“Spectacular visit” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Special Offer
$85*
and up
Marietas Islands: Cavern Swim and Snorkel Cruise...
Activities: Birdwatching, Scuba diving
More attraction details
Owner description: The Pacific Ocean's largest and deepest inlet.
Rome
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Spectacular visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is the second largest bay in North America and home to some of the best ocean life in the world. I saw a whale come out of the water while sitting along a beach restaurant having a beer (I just had one beer which is not enough for a buzz if you're wondering if alcohol has anything to do with me seeing things). We also released new born Olive Ridley sea turtle hatchlings into the ocean in Nuevo Vallarta. The bay has a breathtaking sunset over the pacific and it's so warm. We come back year after year and is considering retiring here some day.

• Polish first
Calgary
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Beautiful region”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This area of Mexico is gorgeous! Nestled in the Sierra Madres, it has stunning views no matter which way you look. The bay itself is very bustling with lots to see and do.

Chicago, Illinois
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“BEAUTIFUL! AND HUGE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The Bay of Banderas is quite large and very beautiful. This was our first trip to Puerto Vallarta and the ocean views (everywhere) are spectacular!

On our zip-lining excursion (see my review of Vallarta Adventures) took us across the bay in a speedboat as part of our journey. We were going about 50 km per hour (according to the gauges that I could view from my seat) and it took awhile (30 minutes?) to go from one end to our destination. It was a fantastic ride!

Walk The Malecon to get up close views of the city and the bay. It's worth it!

Visited November 2012
Everett, Wa.
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The bay of Banderas is absolutely beautiful. The sun seems to always shine. We watched about twenty dolfins jumping in and out of the water this morning. Beautiful!

Seattle, Washington
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Pretty Bay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Banderas Bay is an attractive stretch, however, I didn't find it easy for swimming. Plus, where I was staying, in Bucerias, the street vendors on the beach were a constant annoyance trying to sell you their wares. But, one evening I was lucky to come across a family of fisherman gathering their evening catch in a net laid in the water by one boy circling on a surfboard. I took several photos of what I viewed to be an authentic village experience which, other than the surfboard, could have been a scene out of the early 1930s when this village was a small fishing community.

Visited November 2012