“Great hotel, great service, great restaurant, great view- unbeatable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Isabel, Madison South

Improve this listing
Ranked #103 of 772 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, International, Grill
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Madison South is part of the Casa Isabel resort. Overlooking Banderas Bay enjoy romantic dinners while watching the sunset. Watch NFL, NHL and NBA on one of our 10 large screen televisions. Daily happy hour specials and use of our infinity pool while at the restaurant.
Toronto Ontario
“Great hotel, great service, great restaurant, great view- unbeatable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

Just returned from 2 weeks vacation at Casa Isabel and was thoroughly impressed once again. I've stayed there before the bar and restaurant was up and running but now it's even better. One person in my group never left the site.

I was very impressed with the staff who were all very pleasant and attentive. The prices in the restaurant were very reasonable especially compared to most nice restaurants down there. ....almost inexpensive. They offer a host of wonderful cocktails made professionally. We ate every item on the dinner menu and found them all very very good.
Ask for a Spanish coffee for an experience at your table.

The view is to die for as everyone rushes over to the east side to view the sunset and take pictures....it's the best in PV.. We even saw whales while eating dinner so take your binnoculars along. And the cab ride up to the casa is only $3.50 from the beach area.

In a nut shell .......it's a great place to be for a wonderful holiday.........we'll all be back..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
kennewick, wa
“Well rated #1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

This is just an amazing place. Wonderful food and extremely reasonable prices. High in the hills the view is outstanding. Quite a few steps to walk up after you get there so make sure your taxi takes you all the way to the entrance. A varied menu with entrees starting under $10, the food is very good and well presented. Service is friendly. We were there during happy hour and 2 for 1 drinks were also very good. If we hadn't a list of other new places to try we'd have gone back again. Needless to say it's high on the list for next year.

Brooklyn Park
“Mixed feelings...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

This is a hard review for me to write because every other review of this place is so positive that I feel like my experience must be an anomaly. I want to start with the positive points and first is the setting and atmosphere. It has a breathtaking view and the open air layout is absolutely wonderful. The menu is varied and very reasonably priced. The owner is a very charming person who mingles at every table adding a nice personal touch. Now the negative aspects of our experience. We were a party of 6 on a busy but not jam-packed Thursday night, arriving at 6:00 for the sunset and dinner. My first disappointment came at the entrance when we saw the "no credit cards" policy posted at the door. I know that this is not uncommon in Vallarta and I will say that I very seldom even use credit cards but this night I had intended to pay for the entire meal and did not think that a restaurant of this size and reputation would have such a policy. I guess my point here is that when you want to compete with the high end restaurants in this fantastic restaurant city accepting credit cards should be a given. After ordering drinks and then our entrees our waiter came by and asked if we were in a hurry to which we replied that we were not. He told us that they were really busy and he was glad that we were not in a rush. Soon after, our soup and salad courses came out but then nothing happened for about 30 minutes. I called the waiter over to ask about our meals and he again told me how busy they were and that our food should be arriving very soon. About 15 minutes later our entrees did arrive, 2 were hot, 2 were warm and 2 were cool. We were all quite hungry at this point so we went ahead and ate our dinners. The food was good but not outstanding and we all agreed on this point. This is where it gets a little bit sticky for me. I have been coming to vallarta for many years and I have learned that sometimes unintentional mistakes happen when everything is hand written and totalled on checks. For this reason I am in the habit of double checking math and orders to make sure that things match. Everything looked to be correct and totalled properly but then after our total there was a second total which added 15% on to our bill. As we were a party of six I thought that a tip may have been included on the bill although there was no indication either on the bill or from the waiter to indicate this was the case. I called the owner and waiter over to ask if the tip had been included and she looked at him and said something to the effect that parties of 8 or more had a gratuity charged on the bill. The waiter took the bill from me to look at it and then walked over to the bar for a minute and returned with the 15% taken off of the bill with no further explanation other than "Now it is all correct". We paid the check with cash and went on with our evening. As I said I have been coming to Mexico for many years and I have been presented with situations like this before. Some establishments add 15% on to a bill and claim that it is a tax. This "tax" will usually disappear if you make an issue of it. This is not an accusation of wrongdoing but simply a statement of our experience at Casa Isabel.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto Ontario
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

I had the pleasure of enjoying several meals at the Madison South during my vacation in Puerto Vallarta.
It is just a short cab ride up the hill from the town. It can be walked but is fairly strenuous and does require good footwear.
The views from the restaurant are first thing to amaze you. They are spectacular. During the day there is the possibility of seeing a whale or dolphin out in the bay. In the evening the sunset is so colourful and spectacular.
The food and drinks are well presented. The menu offers a good selection of appetizers and salads.
The burgers at lunch were cooked just the way we had asked.
I had the stuffed chicken breast one evening and the ribs on anouther. I was not disappointed on either occasion.
The prices are extremely reasonable on both food and beverages.
I would definitely say that if you have the opportunity to do so, it is worth a visit to the Madison South. I have made it my number one destination in Puerto Vallarta.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“One of our favorite evenings in PV in the last 21 years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

I have been to Casa Isabel/Madison South once before, but not for dinner, mostly just to look. However, on this trip, we couldn't wait to dine there and I must say, we all agreed that it was one of our favorite evenings ever spent in PV. We arrived at 6:00pm and didn't leave until midnight. We were greeted by Isabel, the owner, and since my husband had never been there before, Isabel wisked us away to give him a tour.
After the tour, we sat at a perfect table to watch the sunset. and captured many beautiful pictures.
I ordered the coconut shrimp and it was amazing! After dinner we had the Mexican coffee and the banana flambe - both were great - and the presentation was outstanding.
After dessert, we sat and visited with Isabel, what a wonderful person she is!
We returned another night just to stop by and say hi to the the staff and Isabel...and we each ordered a margarita, very good and a resonable price.
I can't say enough wonderful things about this place, the staff, the view and Isabel!! Can't wait until our return trip to PV just so we can dine here again!