“Great view” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #76 of 671 restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, International, Grill
Description: Madison South is part of the Casa Isabel resort. Overlooking Banderas Bay enjoy romantic dinners while watching the sunset. Watch NFL, NHL and NBA on one of our 10 large screen televisions. Daily happy hour specials and use of our infinity pool while at the restaurant.
“Great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

spectacular view of Banderas Bay and very good food and service at a more than reasonable price. Staff are so friendly.

Visited January 2014

87% Recommend
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chicago, Illinois
“Spectacular view with charming ambiance.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Our first experience dining at Casa Isabela was a memorable one. The menu offered an excellent selection and when it arrived, it was beautifully presented demonstrating good taste in every sense of the word. The dining was enhanced by the sparking white table cloth and attentive wait staff. The glorious panaramic view of city, sea and sunset completed a very memorable evening. Karl the Manager, exemplifies what warm hospitality should be. We will return with many friends.
Curt & Joyce

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Minnesota
“Nice view”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

If you dont have a large group you will be treated to a lower level of service and a poor table location even if you have a reservation. The view is wonderful but service and food are average at best. The staff needs to try harder.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Gaylord
“Things Have Changed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We go to Casa Isabel every year and have always loved it. But this year things have definitely changed. The food was still pretty good, but holy smokes have the prices gone up. Now, it is not worth the trip back. My wife and I split a meal, had one order of calamari and a couple of drinks each and the price tag was MXN $610.00 plus the tip. That's ridiculous. And then there is the taxi both ways. They used to offer a two for one on drinks, but after I ordered my Captain Morgan's they said no because it was a premium drink. This was never the case before. And, the price was $80 pesos. A bottle of Captain Morgans is $110 at La Playa. Naturally, I didn't order another one. I can't believe I can pay a premium price, more than 2/3rds of that a whole bottle costs, and they can't give me two for one!

Needless to say, I will not be going back there and will be telling all the people who ask me at our timeshare about our experience. And, I stay for 6 weeks so there should be plenty to tell!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Roseville, Mn
“Great view and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This restaurant is located near the top of the Casa Isabel Boutique hotel, high on a hill just south of old town. Our group of 8 arrived about 5:30 PM, just in time to get in on 'happy hour'. The drinks (pina coladas and margauriras) were just right, the beer cold. The wait staff functioned together like clockwork. They were friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and specials. They took time to talk with us and take pictures with us. We were seated next to a railing with a grand view of the city and the ocean. We witnessed an amazing sunset this night. The food ordered ranged from chicken to grilled pork chop to red snapper. We all were completely satisfied with the food and the sides that came with it. I have to say for as fancy as this restaurant appears to be the prices are reasonable. Also, there was a 2 piece band? (harp & guitar) that played during our stay here, not marchi- but quite recognizable songs-a mix of Spanish and American music. After our meal we were shown one of the boutique hotel rooms that was empty. It was located on the floor above the restaurant. It was amazing. I highly recommend Casa Isabel and will return here when I'm in PVR next year.

• Visited January 2014