“Nice people” 3 of 5 stars

Denver, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
“Nice people”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was a discount coupon 3 hour ride. I had expected to ride through the jungle and come out to a water fall. they have now paved most of the road and water fall was less then expected.

Visited October 2012

Vancouver
11 attraction reviews
“I love Confetti!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

First time travelling solo to PV and thought it might be nice to ride a horse for the first time! Saw excellent reviews on tripadvisor so I booked directly via the Rancho el charro website and got 10% off. 3 hours ride for $55 is a really good value! Pamela met me and another party of 4 at a meeting point not far from our hotels, and called a van to take us to the ranch. It was my first time riding so I was assigned to a young gentle horse named Confetti. She's beautiful, but also easily distracted by yummy plants along the trail, very cute. I was expecting a stop at the restaurant to rest my sore butt, but unfortunately it was closed. Remember to use a cushion!! I used one but my butt still hurts :P We had a little break at a small waterfall and took some pics. After the tour, we got a free ride back to the hotel. The other party asked Pamela for fish market recommendations and she offered to drop them off there. :-) If I ever go back to PV, I would definitely do it again. Highly recommended.

Irvine, California
34 attraction reviews
“No breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Pam picked us up on time but then we had to go to the gas station. Yes its a bumpy ride to her place. Not pams fault. It took about 25 minutes to get the horses ready after we arrived. No breakfast was offered. On the website it says free breakfast. The ride was nice and long and definitely not your typical stateside trail ride by any means. The horses worked hard! The horses are well cared for. The guide was ok. The mointains were pretty. The lunch at the pool was ok. For a 5 hour ride the price is well worth the money! We went in july and it was hot! I reccomend it.

Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
3 attraction reviews
“A Day We'll Never Forget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Booking this was the best thing we did our entire trip! Tomas was also our guide and was super friendly, knowledgable and patient. We saw some beautiful scenery and had a wonderful experience. Went outside of my comfort zone, but was so glad I did. If you're looking to get away from the resort scene for a day and see a little bit of the *real* Mexico, I would highly suggest one of El Charros fabulous trail rides!

Visited August 2012
Toledo,ohio
3 attraction reviews
“So much fun!!! Great price!! don't miss this!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was great!! Tomas was our guide-we just loved it. It is really a reasonable deal for what you get!!! Give it a try-even those who don't usually ride a horse(I've only ridden a few times), it is a really nice experience. Beautiful views of the city from the top of a mountain!! Please try this, I would recommend this to anyone

Visited June 2012