“Garza Blanca is a beautiful, quiet and peaceful resort south of Puerto Vallarta” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa

You added Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 7.5 a Barra de Navidad, Puerto Vallarta 48390, Mexico   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #14 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The setting is just spectacular, on the bay with a private beach. Guests have a variety of room options. We wanted to be near the beach and had a room overlooking the bay. Our room had a spacious balcony with a hammock and hot tub. We could hear the breaking of the waves from our room, a peaceful sound to us. Other guests whom we met stayed in towers that were located in the Garza Blanca complex on the hills that started just across the highway. But don’t worry about having to cross a busy road—there is a pedestrian overpass that links the beachside buildings and the mountainside buildings, and there is a trolley which runs between the beachside complex and the mountainside buildings.

The beachside pool is wonderfully designed for lounging and luxuriating. Cunningly designed in two sections separated by a walkway to the beachfront casual restaurant (Aquazul), one half of the pool (the infinity pool section) is heated to a comfortable temperature. Even if the air temperature might drop a bit in the late afternoon (which sometimes happens in January), one can still enjoy a dip in the pool.

The service staff at the pool are wonderfully courteous and helpful. They arrange towels on the chaise lounges and often come by to see if you might need anything. Every day they provide a “water” of the day, a freshly made concoction of fruit and vegetables as well as a healthy vegetable snack.

Dining and entertainment options at Garza Blanca are limited. There are four restaurants on site, including a very casual restaurant by the beachside pool. Fortunately, it is only a comfortable 10-15 minute cab ride, costing about $10 US to the town of Puerto Vallarta, where we ate most nights.

All in all, I would highly recommend Garza Blanca for a truly peaceful getaway in a gorgeous setting between the Bay of Banderas and the Sierra Madre mountains.

Room Tip: Beachside units are very convenient to the pools and beach. End units have a private hot tub.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This property is amazing, but be prepared to pay top dollar. On the plus side, the property is in an absolutely beautiful location with amazing views. We did the all inclusive, but unlike other all inclusives, this place was not subjected to those horrible feeding trough buffets. There are 3 restaurants with a very good selection - one steak house, one continental & a very modern sushi (which is adult only). We also had a full kitchen & dining room in our place but used it little. The room service menu left much to be desired as it was your standard pool side pub fare.

In terms of activities, the beach was ok, but no waves like Hawaii. There was lots of ocean toys (paddle boat, paddle boards, etc.) which my wife took advantage of. However, for the most part we enjoyed our time at the 2 infinity pools (heated - this is important in PV!) which were very large with great views & pool side service (there is also an adult only pool on the top of the newly built building which is complemented by a groovy cocktail lounge - crazy beautiful). There are kids club things (i.e. free baby sitting!) in which we dropped our children off numerous times while we worked out at the gym or got massages. Lastly, they have other activities (like hikes, tennis, squash courts, fully guided hikes) so that one can burn off a few margarita calories.

After reading the above, you'd think you'd never have to leave the compound. However, an additional bonus is how close PV is ($US 15 cab ride). We went 3 times to check out the local art.

The major turn off for me was upon arrival I was informed it was $10 per day, per device for WIFI. Given we paid $700/night for a room I found this to be absurd. For heaven's sake, its 2015! I'd rather them charge me for cable vision. Furthermore, don't expect Mexican prices. Massages are $150 for 50 minutes and the premium wine is price like a premium wine.

All in all a great experience. We will likely be back.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We spent a weekend with the girls! Excellent place to relax! The view and with the complement of the gooood service you can't ask for more! And pool 24/7!!!! It drove us crazy! We stayed in an apartment room so we cooked the breakfast in the room and ate it on the terrace! The sand is white (it comes from Cancun because Vallarta is rocky) and sooo pretty! The drinks are great $150 pesos each. You are far from the town (about 10 min in Mismaloya) the taxi take you in/out for $80 pesos or you can take de urban bus for $8 pesos (6:30 am-10pm). The food is expensive at the hotel (and not that good) so I recommed to eat at Puerto Vallarta.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
manitoba
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This resort is Beautiful and has a decent beach. I wish that our trip didn't include money stolen from our suite and Management not contacting me about their findings in the investigation. I was told within 48 hours I would get a report emailed on what they had found out. It is been almost 4 months, 2 emails and a facebook message later and still no response. Resort, food and the people were fantastic, but Management and their promises make us give them only 3 stars.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

One for the best place I have been. Way better then Trinidad. The food and the drinks are great. I been here 6 times for the last 6 years. I would recommend this place to anyone that want luxury vacation.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here in August 2012 and I am finally writing a review. We bought here because we were so impressed with the views, the serenity of the location, the excellent service, great food and gorgeous rooms. I much prefer staying here versus the Nuevo Vallarta area, which I don't find to be nearly as nice of a setting. The views of the bay are stunning. The one caveat is that the resort is indeed off the beaten path (and a bumpy ride) and cabs getting to and from town can add up quickly. If you like to be away from the main drag and just want to relax in a beautiful setting, this is the place for you. If you have a family and need entertainment you may prefer another location. We'll be returning August 15 and I'm looking forward to the experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Garza Blanca was ground zero for one of the most relaxing vacations I've ever had.

My husband and I arrived and were immediately greeted by Carlo. His smile was warm and welcoming and I could immediately tell that we would be well-cared for at this property. He remembered our names throughout our stay and we had lovely conversation.

We quickly checked in. Following the check-in process we had a meeting with Jessica, our concierge who delivered champagne. She gave a brief overview of the property details and features. She also gave the obligatory sales pitch regarding excursions, but she was not at all pushy and she kept her presentation to a minimum. She offered to schedule any dinners for us at the hotel and also any services - such as the spa.

After that we were on our way to a beautiful and luxurious room. The staff upgraded us to oceanfront. We were blown away. The room was so comfortable and beautifully appointed (see attached pics). The master bathroom was absolutely cavernous. One note: for T.V. watchers there is limited American television - but you came her to enjoy the beach, who want's to watch T.V. anyway?

We spent most of our time around the pool. It was peaceful and serene - overlooking the ocean. All the benefits of being at the beach without the sand. We did not I believe the person who took care of us was names Alex. He was great.

The pool scene was not like I've seen at other resorts. It was a wonderful spot for relaxation. We were always able to stake out a lawn chair in a preferred location. The pool was relatively quiet - there wasn't a huge party, nor were there a ton of drunks. Just mostly responsible adults relaxing with some cocktails. The drinks flowed freely, just most people were, you know, in control of their faculties.

There were some families at this resort. I didn't realize this when we booked but they kept to themselves. I was able to enjoy my kid-free vacation and didn't have to listen to anyone's children.

While there wasn't a huge variety of restaurants (two dinner restaurants, one near the pool for lunch) the food was really good. We ate at the steakhouse <Dos Stek?> twice and Aqua Blue three times. The service was excellent. Both Juan (Dos Stek) and Fermin (Aqua Blue) made sure we had an exceptional time. One note, if you wait until 9 p.m. to eat at the steakhouse it provides the perfect vantage point for watching the fireworks put on by another resort across the bay.

The spa was AMAZING. Let me say it again, AMAZING! The setting could not be more perfect and the services were top notch. I had a facial and a massage and was pleased with both. On my next visit I am forcing my husband to the spa just for the experience - he's not a spa guy, but this one is special and I think he will love it.

This was a resort - but we were treated so well by staff that it felt like a boutique hotel. It was unlike any resort I've been to before (in a very good way).

Room Tip: We had oceanfront rooms, but we toured some of the rooms in the new buildings (up on the mountain...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!