The setting is just spectacular, on the bay with a private beach. Guests have a variety of room options. We wanted to be near the beach and had a room overlooking the bay. Our room had a spacious balcony with a hammock and hot tub. We could hear the breaking of the waves from our room, a peaceful sound to us. Other guests whom we met stayed in towers that were located in the Garza Blanca complex on the hills that started just across the highway. But don’t worry about having to cross a busy road—there is a pedestrian overpass that links the beachside buildings and the mountainside buildings, and there is a trolley which runs between the beachside complex and the mountainside buildings.
The beachside pool is wonderfully designed for lounging and luxuriating. Cunningly designed in two sections separated by a walkway to the beachfront casual restaurant (Aquazul), one half of the pool (the infinity pool section) is heated to a comfortable temperature. Even if the air temperature might drop a bit in the late afternoon (which sometimes happens in January), one can still enjoy a dip in the pool.
The service staff at the pool are wonderfully courteous and helpful. They arrange towels on the chaise lounges and often come by to see if you might need anything. Every day they provide a “water” of the day, a freshly made concoction of fruit and vegetables as well as a healthy vegetable snack.
Dining and entertainment options at Garza Blanca are limited. There are four restaurants on site, including a very casual restaurant by the beachside pool. Fortunately, it is only a comfortable 10-15 minute cab ride, costing about $10 US to the town of Puerto Vallarta, where we ate most nights.
All in all, I would highly recommend Garza Blanca for a truly peaceful getaway in a gorgeous setting between the Bay of Banderas and the Sierra Madre mountains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacularly flanked by the vibrant blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and the verdanant tropical forests of the Sierra Madre mountains, Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa nestles gracefully just minutes south of historic Puerto Vallarta, one of Mexico's most dynamic and sophisticated vacation destinations.All Suites feature in-style decor that include marble floors, granite countertops, private terraces, whirlpool tubs and artisan in room amenities.Our ultra-chic gourmet restaurant is one of Puerto Vallarta's most sophisticated and premier dining options, catering breathtaking ocean views, a stylish lounge, a 230 label award-winning wine cellar, and a selection of unique contemporary dishes tailored to scintillate your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Splendia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garza Blanca Preserve Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort And Spa