The airport is 20 min away from the hotel and costs $341 pesos from inside the airport. We got there at 11:30 and the staff was so welcoming and friendly. They even let us check in at 12 when the room was ready. While the room wasn't ready they let us use the hospitality room to change and sit by the pool/beach. We stayed in tower 4 on the 6th floor in a junior panorama suite and it was amazing!! It is a three minute beautiful walk to the bridge or you can take the golf carts. I barely had to wait more then 2 minutes. There were some posts that said tower 4 is annoying because of the carts but we had no issue and there is a pool right by the base that was always empty. There was some noise from the construction but it is not a big deal at all. The hotel itself was at a 50% capacity and it was awesome. The staff was so attentive and friendly, especially Tito and Tony. The hotel itself has amazing rooms and grounds but everything costs a little extra. They provide 2 small bottles of water a day free of charge but after that its $24 pesos per bottle. We took a cab to the supermarket called Ley and bought a 10 liter jug of water for $22 pesos and filled up the water bottles. The taxi ride to downtown should cot $130 pesos and ask the driver before you go. We took a lot of buses because its a one lane highway and if you get stuck behind a bus, the bus dictates the speed pretty much. The buses cost $8 pesos and the stop is just across the street from the entrance of the hotel. Now to the room. Everything is so comfortable and beautiful. The beds are pillow top with down blankets, down pillows, and a great AC thermostat that works amazingly well. The porch is the star though. The view of the ocean is incredible. You can see Los Arcos from the porch as well as the Las Marietas islands but those are a blur. In late August the sunset is also in perfect view of the porch. The water pressure was a little shaky and the temperature would vary mid shower but the soaker tub is a perfect way to relax and watch the sunset without the bugs. The hotel offers really cool activities such as kayaking/snorkeling to Los Arcos, paddle boarding, and whatever is on the schedule for the week. The mini fridge is big enough to hold some food if you want to bring. When we first checked in they offered the time share presentation for discounts on excursions, spa, bar, and shop. But they said it would take 90 min but ours lasted 3 hrs and really was annoying because after we said no thank you they sent someone else to press us to sign up. But we did get a really cheap deal to Las Marietas for $50/person. Overall this is the nicest and best hotel I have ever stayed and would recommend it to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacularly flanked by the vibrant blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and the verdanant tropical forests of the Sierra Madre mountains, Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa nestles gracefully just minutes south of historic Puerto Vallarta, one of Mexico’s most dynamic and sophisticated vacation destinations.All Suites feature in-style decor that include marble floors, granite countertops, private terraces, whirlpool tubs and artisan in room amenities.Our ultra-chic gourmet restaurant is one of Puerto Vallarta’s most sophisticated and premier dining options, catering breathtaking ocean views, a stylish lounge, a 230 label award-winning wine cellar, and a selection of unique contemporary dishes tailored to scintillate your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort And Spa
- Garza Blanca Preserve Hotel Puerto Vallarta