“The Best 5 Diamond Hotel and Resort in the world in Terms of Value, Quality and Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa

You added Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 7.5 a Barra de Navidad, Puerto Vallarta 48390, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #14 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Yorba Linda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We have made a habit of celebrating my wife and my birthday somewhere nice every year for the last 30 years. My wife has become a huge fan of Puerto Vallarta and every year, she loves coming to Puerto Vallarta to enjoy her time. We have stayed at every high end all inclusive resorts that money can buy.However, there is only one resort stood out among all and that is The Garza Blanca. The food quality, beverage choices, quality of the rooms and best of all, the caring management all the way from general director to facility supervisor, are unimaginable. I can truly compare this beautiful resort to 4 Seasons, Saint Regis and Ritz and place the hotel's leadership above all. Please bare in mind that no matter how wonderful an establishment maybe, there will always be someone ungrateful who complaints about anything and everything. These group of individuals will even complaint about their own families and friends. Therefore, please keep in mind we are dealing with humans and there maybe trial and errors from time to time. The management at Garza Blanca will go beyond the call of duties to make your stay as enjoyable as one can imagine.

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful and has great view of the ocean. This is what sets Garza Blanca apart from t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I read the terrible reviews regarding service and overcrowding, but I didn't have this experience during my stay. The resort is small, and it's easy to get from place to place. It was an ideal setting for my family, with three boys ages 2, 6 and 8. They pool is heated, and there is a shallow sprinkler pad at one end that entertained my youngest. It is fairly shallow and narrow, which made it easy for my older sons to swim the length of it. The beach is steps from the pool, and there are sand toys provided. The waves were too rough for me, but my oldest son loved them. He only went in with a grown up, as the undertow was very strong. I saw several people with cuts on their feet, so beware of sharp rocks further out in the surf. The service was fantastic. There was always someone friendly checking in on us, and they were exceedingly friendly to the kids. The food was amazing! I have only one other all-inclusive experience, Half Moon Resort, and the food at Garza Blanca far exceeded the food at Half Moon. It was delicious. Our suite was fantastic, with more than enough room for our family of five, plus a washer and dryer. The maid service was thorough, and the boys loved the cookies at turn down. My sons saw baby sea turtles being dug out of the sand and were able to watch them be released into the ocean later that day. It was an amazing experience for all of us. While I can see how the resort could be easily overcrowded, as the pool and beach area are small, I wouldn't hesitate to return for a vacation. I wouldn't go there during peak times, but our experience at Garza Blanca was fantastic.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Stanford, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We got married at Garza Blanca several months ago and I could not have dreamed of a better setting for our wedding. The resort, while huge, is nicely spread out so you don't feel that it's ever too crowded. The whole premises including the pools and the landscape is incredibly beautiful, and the beach is probably the best beach in PV with imported white sand and a house reef that has a variety of marine life for snorkelers. There are also a huge number of other activities including paddle boarding, kayaking, fishing, etc. Guillermo was nice enough to allow us to release some baby turtles into the ocean, which was an amazing experience for our group. The food is excellent at all the restaurants, and they made every effort to work with the large number of vegetarians in our group. The drinks are also some of the best I've ever had. Perhaps the biggest positive, all the staff that work there were genuinely nice and helpful, and really seemed to enjoy being there to help all of the guests. Annie, the wedding planner, did a decent job of listening to our preferences and organizing things for our wedding and reception. However, she is slow about responding to emails and many people in our group were overcharged for their stays and have yet to have those issues resolved. Ultimately, while the staff that you see and interact with everyday are amazing, the higher ups and managerial staff were difficult to deal with in our interactions, which should not be the case for such a fabulous resort that has so much potential. This may not matter for small groups, but beware if you are planning a wedding or other large event at Garza Blanca.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
El Dorado Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I can't say enough about the beauty of this resort! The view of the Los Rockos and the infinity pool is amazing! We had a one bedroom suite facing the ocean with a wraparound Terrace in tower 3. The suite was very spacious and was nicely decorated
. We had a sofa bed for the kids, full kitchen, two bathrooms and a separate bedroom. Unfortunately we stayed in Garza Blanca 12/23-12/29 which was a busy time. We got our package from costco, for 6 nights and daily breakfast. The buffet breakfast was GREAT! Since our kids were sleeping in we ordered the room service twice. They setup the BF on our terrace and it was great. Except it took them so long to take our order and there was clearly a language barrier. Not sure, why they would have someone who barely speaks English take your order.
Our dinning experience at Garza was not good. The first night we arrived they had to wait 20 minutes for a waiter just to take our order! My husband's food was cold and he had to send it back. There was one waiter serving five tables, including a 10 person table for a celebrity!
On Christmas Day, we spend our day by the pool and went to the beach. Again it took them two hours to get our food! They waived the cost! The wait staff is really friendly and very nice. But there is not enough people! You'd think a 5 star resort would have hired extra people for these busy times! It's hard to what how hard the wait staff works running around, but they just can't accommodate everyone's needs. Management should hire more wait staff.
I loved our location in PV. Close to downtown with a 19 min cab ride. We went to Nuevo Vallarta for a dolphin swim experience. NV is so far from everything and doesn't feel like Mexico. We had great food at some great restaurants in the romantic zone. I highly recommend leaving the resort and going to downtown. We felt very safe, even at night. I would love to come back to PV and Garza Blanca, but I hope the make some major hiring and add to their staff.

Room Tip: Tower 3, is close to everything.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I would like to say that this was truly an enjoyable vacation for my husband and I.
This was our first trip to Puerto Vallarta and it surely won’t be our last. We have traveled to other parts of Mexico including The Mayan Riviera, Cozumel, Cancun and Playa de Carmen. (Gulf of Mexico Side)
Puerto Vallarta (Pacific Ocean Side) was totally different as far as the landscape goes. It’s much more lush and hilly than I expected. It was a nice surprise. I felt like I was in Hawaii at times.
We stayed at this resort from January 2nd through the 6th.
Okay, I guess I need to get to the good part. The review about the Hotel.
While there, I took time to write down some notes so that I would remember to post them here. Just (hopefully) helpful information and comments that I felt might be appreciated by some.
Kind of a “heads up” if you will.
Here are my notes: (not to be confused as a gripe list, just some of my thoughts on paper)
1) The Timeshare people at the airport are very aggressive. Be very careful who you talk to. Thankfully we went through Costco and our paperwork clearly explained to only speak to the people with the GreyLine emblem on their shirts and to also look for the person with the Costco sign.

2) Once at the resort, it was too long of a check in process. Right away, they want to rope you into their "90" minute tour. Unless you already know you want to purchase a timeshare here, kindly decline and enjoy the rest of your day. We heard many times during our stay that the 90 minutes turned into several hours. Who has time for this on vacation??

3) We had to sign for everything even though we purchased the all inclusive
This was a pain, but on the bright side, it also allowed us to leave a tip without having to use up all of our money that we brought with us.

4) Beware of the beach peddlers. This was all new to me. They are pretty aggressive too. Watch Out!

5) On a positive note, The drinks are very strong. Especially the margaritas. Made from fresh lime juice.
I’m still dreaming of those delicious drinks. After a few of these, I actually bought a hat from above mentioned peddlers. LOL!

6) We upgraded to an Ocean View Deluxe Room and I'm so glad we did. Our room was huge. Love the full sized kitchen and washer /dryer combo. It even has dishes and flatware.

7) Whatever you do, don't rent a car, it's way too dangerous, crazy drivers.

8) The food was okay, not the best. I expected good seafood but had to send two dishes back. It wasn't fresh fish at all. Really fishy. The breakfast buffet was good. It had a good selection of hot items. They even have an omelet bar. They make their own bread and pastries. Wonderful!! The tiny chocolate croissants are to die for!

9) Watch out for the rocky shore line. My husband cut his hand and had to have 3 stitches. Ouch!!

10) We had a strong wifi signal in our room. There is an extra charge for it but it was worth the fee.

11) Things I wish I had brought with me:
*bug spray for the mosquitos
*lighted makeup mirror (the lighting is terrible in the bathrooms)
*eye mask for sleeping (too much light filters through the windows, even with the drapes fully closed)
*download the white noise app for sleeping since the walls are thin and you can hear EVERYTHING!
*lots of dollar bills for tipping. We took $300.00 and got down to having only taxi tip money for when we went to the airport.
*binoculars (so many beautiful birds and the surrounding areas across the ocean)
*Snorkel Equipment
*those little washing detergent tabs for doing laundry (if you upgrade to the room with the washer/dryer combo)

12) The beds are typical Mexico resort beds H-A-R-D. I found out after we left that you can request a bed pad to be brought to your room. Believe me, I would ask for several if possible. My back hurt for days after we got home.

13) Everyone there was all too glad to help us anyway they could. I was blown away with the service. Top Notch all the way!! I never felt that the resort was understaffed at all.

14) If possible, ask to stay in either building 2 or 3. The building across the bridge is just too far to walk to get to the beach. The steak restaurant and infirmary are over there. They have golf carts to take you up and down the hill but if you miss one, you pretty much have to make the climb yourself. Not easy if you’ve been swimming all day and downed a few of those yummy margaritas.

I hope this review was helpful. I would highly recommend this resort, without any hesitation.

Room Tip: upgrade to the deluxe room if possible. it was just my husband and I but we loved having all that e...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

When i booked my vacation at Garza Blanca i had no idea what i was getting myself into. The property is beautiful, but it is not any different than any of the other timeshare properties in Mexico. Vacationers Beware!! There's a sales pitch that comes with this burrito.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We just had our wedding at the Garza Blanca last week. Everything about the resort was top notch: the service, the view, cleanliness, uniqueness. I've never seen such an effort to make guests life easier from an entire staff like that before. Like nothing we had ever experienced. We were both taken aback by the gesture of putting rose petals all over our room the night of the wedding with small candles spread out over the entire area. I thought the DJ did a tremendous job. He was very professional and easy to talk to. When the honeymoon suite was filled we were offered another upgrade which turned out to be fantastic. We could not get over the wrap around tile patio and the sliding doors that opened up the entire wall. All in all we could not be happier with our experience. We will 100% be returning for an anniversary at some point in the future. Thank you again for your efforts once we got down there. If anything negative could be said it would be the workout facility had nice equipment but was far too small and did not have enough windows. But, who goes on their wedding vacation and wants to workout?

Room Tip: All the rooms have perks. The cheapest rooms, the deluxe suite, is right on the same level as the m...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!