“The Service, the View, Relaxation perfected !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 7.5 a Barra de Navidad, Puerto Vallarta 48390, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Diamond Bar, California
“The Service, the View, Relaxation perfected !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

After booking a great rate on-line , my wife and were very happy to check in to Garza Blanca and were so impressed by the beautiful indoor-outdoor lobby and the great service upon our arrival. Security is tight , so you do have to go through a gate and guard each time you come in , but not a problem. Our room in the tower was amazing with an 180 view of the bay and giant soaking tub and shower, both with a view of the bay as well. Service was always just minutes away and the food both poolside and at the restaurants was top notch even if the drinks were a little watered down. The only downside of the amazing place is their push upon check- in to get you to go to the breakfast sales presentation. If you can manage to skip that , your stay will be heavenly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Dana Point, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Nice property 1st class facilities. Good food and drink -but watch your wallet - it adds up fast. They may ask you to attend a time share presentation. If you go and don't buy you get promised additional discounts for certain events on or near the property. WarnIng: Just get ready for a high pressure timeshare sales presentation. You will have to say no many times. After they stop "weatherboarding" you with sales tactics and finally accept no as your answer, things are great. You get your promotional gifts and the rest of your stay is really first class.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

. . . the Activities & Pool Concierge Staff! Alan, Francisco, Genaro, Miguel, Omar and Sergio can enhance your experience at Garza Blanca, transforming it from an enjoyable stay at one of the finest resorts in Puerto Vallarta into an experience that you'll never forget! I was greeted at the pool by Alan and Miguel with a welcoming cup of hot coffee and towlels for my lounge chair. Then Francisco and I took out one of their fleet of sea kayaks for an incredible snorkeling tour of one of the most beautiful places on the planet, Los Arcos, where we saw an abundance of tropical fish and even sea turtles. Then back to more poolside pampering with fresh Vallarta Ceviche, guacamole and their signature Margaritas served with warm Mexican hospitality. In the late afternoon, I went on a bird watching tour with Miguel and Omar. We saw exotic fowl of every hue and description for an awesome jungle experience! And for the tequila tasting event in BlancaBlue, well you'll just have to plan a visit to find out for yourself. For a good time call my new friends at Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa, you'll have the time of your life!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sanya, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Here are the pluses for this property which stands out somewhat from many tired and old properties in Puerto Vallarta:
1. nice small private beach
2. newly constructed and well built
3. even the towers across the highway have a nice view.

Here are the downsides:
1. this is a time share promotion place so there will be some pressure when you check in to get the sales pitch; just insist you don't want it;
2. only part of the hotel is on the beach; most of the hotel is built across the highway in three towers
3. restaurant service at all the restaurants is very slow unless you are getting a time share breakfast which appears to be very prompt service
4. in hotel store you cannot pay with cash; bring credit card or room charge

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the beach ask for the main building otherwise you will be across the stre...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Hotel is beautiful and food is a delight.
Here are our concerns

- No free shuttle to the city and back. We where told the taxi ride is US $20/each way (we are family of 5)
- Internet is expensive and not free for such a nice resort.
- Hotel that offers Inclusive as a option is mis-leading. If you want inclusive go to a hotel that is 100% inclusive. Having a hotel semi inclusive causes more problems. You need to sign your bills and all your items are itemized with a total price (though you don't pay it). But then you have a "TIP" line. For a bill for $200 US dollars you can't really give 10 or 20 pesos. Inclusive states that tips are included. Front desk stated that the tip they people really get out of a inclusive package is 2-3 pesos/day so hardly even $1. So if you give $10 to $20 US dollar tip for every meal on a inclusive package it add's up really really fast.

- You might get bored fast. There is NO entertainment. What they call entertainment might be locals playing soccer at the beach or some vendor coming down to sell you fish.

- Pool is basic. Nice infinity pool but not slides or water activities for kids/families. Nice for adults to relax.

The people are great.
Think of the hotel as a quite hide-away place to relax (like a boutique hotel).
Its not really meant for familieis.

Biggest complaints
- No Free WiFi (it should be a given for this class hotel)
- Not enough restaurants. Basically 2 restaurants with 1 snack bar at the pool.
- Room service closes at 11pm.
- Tipping : Please "STATE" what is expected and right for inclusive package. If the workers are not getting anything then state that Tip is not included so people coming understand. The workers are super nice. I wish I was rich to tip them more. I already feel broke because I didn't account for it.
- Activities and Entertainment. Gosh, at least give us a shuttle service to town and back or nearby grocery stores. You offer a nice kitchen but nothing to buy unless you use taxi's. Kids are bored after 5pm.

I want to emphasize that the hotel itself is nice. The 2 bedroom suite is marvelous. Just nothing to use the kitchen (no grocery stores nearby, no paper towels). People working here are super nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were skeptically lured into the time share presentation while vacationing here in PV with 7 other family member. Before being picked up for the tour and presentation, i read a few Trip Advisor comments about the high pressure and nearly canceled .... i'm glad we didn't.

A receptionist greeted us with the guy that baited us to attend, which is not employed by the resort, to review everything that was promised to us before he could leave, and we all mutually agreed to the terms in writing.

We we're then introduced to Emiliano, our host. Emiliano was a young local, finishing grad school, and working at the resort for the summer. He gave us a tour of the impressive property, and accompanied us to breakfast where he proceeded to gather more "intelligence" about our vacation aspirations. This all took over an hour, which doesn't apply to the 75 min timeframe they ask for in the terms.

I started getting anxious after about 20 questions, and still expecting the worst was still to come, i put my phone on the table and started a 75 min countdown. He quickly got the point, and the pace quickened.

We made our way to the "closer's room", sat down, and was introduced to the closer, Carlos. Emilio fetched us a great margarita. It only took Carlos a few minutes to see that i had no intention of buying, so he paused his routine and asked me directly, "do you have any real interest in purchasing a timeshare with us today?".... i politely said "no chance", and it was over. Carlos and Emilio helped me collect the incentives, and continued small chat. Both genuinly seemed to enjoy there jobs

This is my first review on Trip Advisor. I felt it was important that i share an unexpected positive experience. I do a fair amount of travel, and have to say the resort was very impressive, and the few people I was introduced to were equally so. I would definitely consider this timeshare if/ when i ever decide to get into one.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is my first review ever in all our vacation. I guess with all the excellent things we have experienced, reviewing this place is one way to say thank you.

My kids are not Disney kids but love the water so much. We just like to relax on our vacation and be lazy. I always plan ahead of time on our vacation cause I always changed my mind. I was planning to go Cabo San Lucas, but looking at the reviews it seems like the beaches are not swimmable and its cold. Checked on Cancun but seems like a party place. Then checked Puerto Vallarta, and checking from #1 hotel to this #10, I was fascinated by GARZA BANCA's photos and reviews. I called them to asked if their beach is swimmable, and believed me it was meant to be, fortunately I was informed that they have an all inclusive promo that is not advertised in their website. And from what he quoted me that is the price range I was in.

We are middle class family but I like to have something nice every vacation we have. And this resort is the best so far. Lived and visit in Hawaii many times and stayed from ok to top hotel like Hilton Hawaiian village, Las Vegas trip...Mandalay Bay ( yuckkkk), Encore/Wynn...very nice. But I believe Garza Blanca is worth reviewing for. From the time you get out of your cab, the greeter, concierge, bellman, servers, bartenders, beach boys, maintenance, room service and operator......they did an excellent service.

Yes it's true upon arrival with a glass of Margarita, they will inform you about their "Thank you Breakfast" which we know that is their timeshare presentation and when you go they will give discounts offer. We did go but not because of the breakfast since we are all inclusive anyways or the discounts because its not a big of a deal except for the wifi ( wifi is not free) but we are intrigue on how the rooms are in their other bldgs. May I remind you that this is a 4 yrs old resort, they have 6 bldgs. up to date....bldg. 1,2,3,4 is up and running, bldg 5 is up and will be open in a month, their finishing bldg. 6 will be done in by next yr summer and 4 bldgs to go. Spectacular views and nice lay out. They have 3 restaurants Aquaazul which is in their ground pool area, Blanca Blue is in the lobby and their newly open Bocca Dosstk, steak house is in the upper area bldgs. They have golf cart to go in the upper bldgs. but walking to see the views are priceless. They will have a Japanese restaurant in bldg 6 and I'm looking forward with that. We will be back on the same month and week.....they said its storm season on this month but it only rain once and only about 30 mins at night time. We love the weather cause its not very hot and not very humid, our kids were complaining it was hot for them but they just jump into the pool and they forgot about it.

The following names are the people who made this trip unforgettable...thank you for your awesome service and we hope to see you next year. I am pretty sure that all of the staffs are outstanding but these people that I am mentioning are the one who gave us the service personally.

Ronald Rodriguez - customer service, I made this reservation with him and he made it easy for me. He answer all my question promptly through email.
Theresa - concierge, gave all the information upon check in
Cecile, Jassai, Karla - Front desk
Omar - the bellman, very nice
Alejandro, Oscar, Oscar and Manuel - server and bartender at Blanca Blue....they are the best!!!
Omar and Francisco - the beach boys, they help you with their beach activities.
Rafael Callejas - Supervisor at AquaAzul
Rene Urbina - asst Supervisor at AqualAzul
Special thanks the AqualAzul servers, everyday even with hot weather they serve you with a smile, Alvaro Calvillo, Ezequiel Diaz, Gonzalo Joya and Jaime Quesada.

I have nothing to complained about this place. This place is a perfect place for relaxation it's paradise indeed.

We were informed that July is a slow season, and majority of the guests are locals. So if you want a relaxation and peaceful vacation, book on this month.

Room Tip: Any room is beach front view. There is also a infinity pool on the upper level. All rooms have full...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!