Our stay at Garza Blanca wasn't perfect; but it was incredible! Even with a few speed bumps I feel that the hotel deserves an Excellent rating. We were originally staying in tower 4 and after the second night I grabbed my ear plugs (construction was going on next door) just in case it got loud. After the hotel house cleaners cleaned our room, we got a phone call from the front desk offering a free room upgrade by the ocean. Their concern was that the construction was getting too loud for the guests. I don't know if my ear-plugs was a give away, but the fact that they were proactive rates high in my book. One thing that annoyed me was the charges for drinks. I didn't think food or beverage was expensive; but I thought it was ghetto that if I got a Coke, it was by the can and they charged you by can. A little tacky for a high-end resort but they did make up for it in other ways. The service was great, the facilitiy was remarkable. The last thing that was a "bump" was the timeshare ordeal. They try to get you to commit at the the airport for breakfast and the whole timeshare gig. I told the gentleman there we were not intertesed as we have been traveling since 4am and we were tired. Once we got to Garza Blanca, Diana was helping us check in. She asked about our "Breakfast appt (timeshare)" and I told her we declined. Her attitude towards us became cold and as she covered excursions we asked her to help us book a fishing trip... she didn't!!. I saw her the day before we left and she was again, cold and fridgid. Also, it was weird they gave a platinum card (aka discounts) for attending the timeshare breakfast. That just made us feel like they over priced their stuff. Sad thing is, had someone approached us AFTER we had such a great experience, I think we would of been interested in atleast listening. After all; people buy off emotion. I'm sure that's not the usual timeshare selling way but I believe it would be more effective than trying to get people to commit to something they have yet to experience. But I don't sell timeshare. Anyways; despite the timeshare situation, we didn't let that ruin our wonderful stay at Garza Blanca. We look forward to coming back soon.
- Also Known As:
- Garza Blanca Preserve Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Garza Blanca Preserve Hotel
- Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort And Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacularly flanked by the vibrant blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and the verdanant tropical forests of the Sierra Madre mountains, Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa nestles gracefully just minutes south of historic Puerto Vallarta, one of Mexico’s most dynamic and sophisticated vacation destinations.All Suites feature in-style decor that include marble floors, granite countertops, private terraces, whirlpool tubs and artisan in room amenities.Our ultra-chic gourmet restaurant is one of Puerto Vallarta’s most sophisticated and premier dining options, catering breathtaking ocean views, a stylish lounge, a 230 label award-winning wine cellar, and a selection of unique contemporary dishes tailored to scintillate your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Splendia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.