I just took the family to Puerto Vallarta and I was very happy with the Garza Blanca hotel. The place is only a few years old and has none of the faded glory features of the older resorts. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, particularly a young man named Sergio who started as a bellman and was promoted to the activity booth while we were there. Sergio and others went way out of their way for me and my whole family, The entire staff really made us feel welcome. I got the feeling that the place was very safe for my 12 year old girls, and that I did not need to worry about them as long as they were on the property.
We had a room in building 2, overlooking the water on the fifth floor. It was billed as a one bedroom and it was very clean and spacious, with two bathrooms and a huge patio with hammock. We took a cab into town and bought groceries and made our own breakfasts for several of the days. Lunches were at the pool and excellent. We had dinner on site three times and were mostly happy. We were not as happy with the steak house at the top of the property as we were with the main restaurant right off the lobby. The bar at the pool served the lunches and drinks and were always on it.
We also enjoyed the free paddle boards and boogie boards and kayaks and masks fins and snorkels. I felt none of the stress I have felt using maybe too many towels at the pool or taking over too many lounge chairs. The place was full but was not crowded at all. The layout of the pools makes it feel much more intimate and personal. I worked out in the gym, which has new equipment and was empty other than me. There was a big screen TV and plenty of water and towels and they made it easy to enjoy. All in all, I would say this place is wonderful and I would gladly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacularly flanked by the vibrant blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and the verdanant tropical forests of the Sierra Madre mountains, Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa nestles gracefully just minutes south of historic Puerto Vallarta, one of Mexico's most dynamic and sophisticated vacation destinations.All Suites feature in-style decor that include marble floors, granite countertops, private terraces, whirlpool tubs and artisan in room amenities.Our ultra-chic gourmet restaurant is one of Puerto Vallarta's most sophisticated and premier dining options, catering breathtaking ocean views, a stylish lounge, a 230 label award-winning wine cellar, and a selection of unique contemporary dishes tailored to scintillate your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Jetsetter, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garza Blanca Preserve Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort And Spa