I booked a room through mexvax.com at a competitive price for last thanksgiving week for this place. I booked it with all inclusive option for me and my wife.
* This place is a time share place so at the airport if they know that you're heading towards there, they'll lure you into this time-share presentation which will steal your precious vacation time. They'll cover it up with some benefits like free breakfast (which was not an extra for us since we were already on all-inclusive), excursion offer (ours was city tour but you can ask anything I guess), bottle of tequila and refund of your airport taxi lift. It may look like a good deal but I wouldn't trade them to 2 hours of my vacation time. It is partially my fault that I got tricked into it though but I still think that a place of this caliber should make everything as clear as possible from the beginning and shouldn't press any further if I'm not interested in.
* We stayed in the new tower and it is always an hassle to go back to your room since if you cannot find a cart around you have to climb 3-4 flights of stair and then a steep incline. Half of the time cart was there half of the time I just didn't wait or call for it as it is not a big deal for me but it became boring real fast.
* New tower is still in construction even though it looked finished and we woke up to talking and hammering workers a couple mornings. We could've asked to be moved down but our laziness prevented us to so. If you're going here I would suggest that you stay in buildings next to the sea though. Also there is a slight background noise from the other two towers that are currently being built.
* Food service is quite slow when restaurants have more than 30 people dining. I think we averaged around 2 hour per dinner. Breakfast is relatively faster and we used the bar next to pool for lunch but they were still relatively slow in general.
* Since all-inclusiveness is optional they kept us signing the bills all the time. Bills were eventually waived as we check out but it was still a bit annoying. They were even asking for us to sign for bottle of water. I mean come on. I understand that why they do it but there are other ways to achieve this like those band wrists that other places use which signify that you're on all-inclusive deal.
* Room in the tower was quite luxurious and the view was breathtaking.
* Food at restaurants and the bar near the pool was amazingly good except the special thanksgiving menu which was a cold turkey but other than that I thoroughly enjoyed it.
* Rooms, pool, restaurants, pretty much everywhere was quite clean.
* Beach next to the place was nice. It was a bit wavy but nothing dangerous. Also at the end of the beach there are rocky formations where you can snorkel and see lots of fish.
* Staff was quite polite, friendly and helpful.
All in all, I enjoyed the place but they need to fix the issues that I listed above to live up to the awards and standards they've been showing off.