“Amazing value, friendly staff, incredibly relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 7.5 a Barra de Navidad, Puerto Vallarta 48390, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
$173 (USD)
Ranked #9 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing value, friendly staff, incredibly relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at Garza Blanca for the first time at the beginning of November and I loved it so much that I am already planning a return trip! The all-inclusive package was well worth the reasonable price, especially once I got a taste of their cucumber maragitas. Tower 2 offered quick and easy access to the pools and beach, but I have to say I probably spent equally as much time on my terrace, swinging in a hammock and enjoying the view. Since I am a vegan I was a little nervous going into the trip that I was going to starve. Both Blanca Blue and BocaDos had vegetarian options that could be veganized, so while the selection wasn't huge, I was pleased to find something I could eat at every meal. The chef, Kori, even made me a special quinoa dish one night when BocaDos was featuring a very meat-heavy menu. When you dine at BocaDos please go early to enjoy the sunset and several glasses of their white wine sangria! If you like to work out the hotel has a small but well appointed gym (with an amazing view) and you can also try your hand at kayaking or stand up paddleboarding. The staff was very attentive overall, especially the guys out by the pool and concierges in the lobby. I truly got the feeling that the staff would do their best to accommodate any request. Garza Blanca is a great place to relax and unwind!

Room Tip: Towers 2 & 3 are on the beach side. The new tower 4 (which I think may be mostly timeshare) has...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

729 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here for four days in late Sept. The grounds are gorgeous and the pool area is stunning visuals. The staff was helpful and the guys out by the pool and beach are very attentive to getting your food and drinks all day. I loved that we could swim in the roped off area of the ocean and it was big enough to enjoy but the rocks had been cleared away. There were a couple of vendors but they stayed away once you said yes or no, and didn't bother you if you had told them no the day before. Since it was slow season the main restaurant was open every other night. I will write a separate review of the STK property, but the breakfasts at BlancaBlue were outstanding. Fantastic food every morning with an array of fresh juices. I did not have a good meal there the one night we ate there for dinner though their cocktails were great and my husband's meal was fine. The food by the pool, Aquazul was good for lunch and my only complaint was they were usually closed at night when we came in from dinner. We ordered room service once which was also good. I was a huge fan of STK so that's where we had two of our dinners when we didn't go off the property.

I highly recommend visiting the zoo if you are going to this property as it's about a 10 cab drive there and there are cabs waiting to take you back. If you have a car it's a fairly easy straight drive there and back.

I didn't try the spa this trip, but we did use the gym.

We had a gorgeous view from our room and got a special on a site where we had an outdoor jacuzzi on our balcony. I loved this hotel, for the grounds, food, pool, beach area, rooms, and views. I would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We loved Garza Blanca so much the first time that we went right back five months later. First dates where June, second dates were early November (end of and beginning of season.) General observations: The first new time share tower is finished and they are opening it on November 22, 2012. There are two more towers under constructions right now. We had no issues with the noise. There is an endless stream of prospective buyers flowing through the hotel at all times. The room was perfect and well tended to. The beach fabulous, the pool area to die for. I noticed that as this second week got busier that things got a little bit more inconsistent. When the restaurant was full(er) the service was not as attentive. We sat inside instead of outside and while we were trying to have dinner they adjusted the lights, build a breakfast buffet for the following day (??) at 7PM. There was a group of local celebrities and this group of six got a lot of attention which took away from the other guests. Also pool chaises are suddenly reserved (which I hate with a passion.) Just small things that they need to pay attention to if they want to continue to be a 5 Star. The food was very good, we love our Chef Kori Sutton who runs Bocca, the upstairs restaurant with the killer view. In the beach restaurant Blance Blue we like the consistency of the dinner but for breakfast they can't get the eggs right. Poached eggs are always stone hard and over-easy floats of your plate. We noticed this on both visits. Try the French Toast instead - fabulous. We have gone twice now all inclusive and have not regretted it. While the pool and beaches are great and obviously time-shares are geared toward families it is more of a romantic getaway for two. Solid performance on all ends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
West Des Moines, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Everything about this resort went above and beyond our expectations. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The views are amazing. The pools and beaches are the best around. Both of the restaurants were 5 star and served amazing food. We especially recommend Boca which not only had great food, but a wonderful view over the ocean from higher up the mountain. We will definitely be back in the future and have recommended Garza Blanca to many friends.

Room Tip: If you are uneasy with heights and open spaces, I recommend taking a room on floor 3 or lower.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
port townsend
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

If you want to nothing more than to rest and enjoy the sun, luxurious comfort, and gracious service - look no further. You have found your destination. Bring ear-plugs if you are disturbed by the sound of the sea at night. Cyril, Washington State.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
guadalajara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Garza Blanca is a beautiful place. A new restaurant on the very top with breathtaking view. BocaDos
Quite a drive from downtown PV but worth the trip.
You can buy a day pass too! The cleanest nicest beach in the area.
The rooms are magnificent.
Time share, full time properties and hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

After looking for so many different options in Puerto Vallarta to do our wedding; we decided on Garza Blanca: It's a dream location for a destination wedding!! the view is breathtaking, the hotel is beautiful , the service was phenomenal, the staff was so accommodating and friendly, the wedding coordinators did an amazing job, and the food was excellent! We still receive compliments from our guests saying that it was the best wedding ever! If you are planning to have a wedding at the beach, don’t spend more time looking for the perfect place… we definitely recommend you Garza Blanca at Puerto Vallarta.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!