We stayed here for four days in late Sept. The grounds are gorgeous and the pool area is stunning visuals. The staff was helpful and the guys out by the pool and beach are very attentive to getting your food and drinks all day. I loved that we could swim in the roped off area of the ocean and it was big enough to enjoy but the rocks had been cleared away. There were a couple of vendors but they stayed away once you said yes or no, and didn't bother you if you had told them no the day before. Since it was slow season the main restaurant was open every other night. I will write a separate review of the STK property, but the breakfasts at BlancaBlue were outstanding. Fantastic food every morning with an array of fresh juices. I did not have a good meal there the one night we ate there for dinner though their cocktails were great and my husband's meal was fine. The food by the pool, Aquazul was good for lunch and my only complaint was they were usually closed at night when we came in from dinner. We ordered room service once which was also good. I was a huge fan of STK so that's where we had two of our dinners when we didn't go off the property.
I highly recommend visiting the zoo if you are going to this property as it's about a 10 cab drive there and there are cabs waiting to take you back. If you have a car it's a fairly easy straight drive there and back.
I didn't try the spa this trip, but we did use the gym.
We had a gorgeous view from our room and got a special on a site where we had an outdoor jacuzzi on our balcony. I loved this hotel, for the grounds, food, pool, beach area, rooms, and views. I would go back in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacularly flanked by the vibrant blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and the verdanant tropical forests of the Sierra Madre mountains, Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa nestles gracefully just minutes south of historic Puerto Vallarta, one of Mexico’s most dynamic and sophisticated vacation destinations.All Suites feature in-style decor that include marble floors, granite countertops, private terraces, whirlpool tubs and artisan in room amenities.Our ultra-chic gourmet restaurant is one of Puerto Vallarta’s most sophisticated and premier dining options, catering breathtaking ocean views, a stylish lounge, a 230 label award-winning wine cellar, and a selection of unique contemporary dishes tailored to scintillate your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort And Spa
- Garza Blanca Preserve Hotel Puerto Vallarta