“Unbelievable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 7.5 a Barra de Navidad, Puerto Vallarta 48390, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
$173 (USD)
Ranked #9 of 121 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Los Angeles, California
“Unbelievable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Love! True 5 star resort. We did the all inclusive and stayed for 5 nights, 6 days. Easily one of the best, and most definitely the most romantic vacation we ever took. Clean, great staff, your every wish was catered for. We are going back.
The restaurants are wonderful, love Chef Kori. Just make sure you are aware that some of the Tapas are raw. If ordering Ceviche at the pool you may need extra time to let it 'cook.'
The higher floor rooms hear the construction noise more, we were on the second floor and didn't hear a thing. Bed's are a little on the firm side. Location is a $10 cab ride outside of PV. The SPA was disappointing. The facility is very small. The fitness center is decent.
Did I say I loved it? I loved it, we loved it. This is great for your twosome romantic getaway not good for small kids. It is definitely an adult retreat which is why we went there.

Room Tip: During construction of the new buildings on top I would recommend to ask for lower floors.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

762 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Scotts Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Just came back from this resort after a family 5 days vacation. We loved it. The service is exceptional: Pool personel Migel and Aldo were really attentive to our needs, and extremely nice. Jaime at the pool could not have been nicer, the receptionist Jessica, was very welcoming and the main restaurant hostess Cecile was very nice and gave us great tips to visit the town. Overall a great experience, ans I will recommend this place to all. Only negative point (but they are working on it....) no WiFi in the rooms.
Can't wait to go back

Room Tip: All rooms are good!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I came on our honeymoon 2 years ago and it was just great. We still say it was one of the best hotels we've ever stayed in. EVERYTHING was comfortable and super clean (I have really high standards for cleanliness).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I traveled to the Garza Blanca for our honeymoon and found the property to be simply amazing. We opted for the one bedroom suite with the all inclusive option. People have said the all inclusive isn't worth it but trust me, if you plan to take full advantage of the plan it is well worth it. The lobby itself is breathtaking and has amazing views of the beach from where you check in. Each guest is given a concierge to help them throughout their stay. Our concierge Teresa, went through all of the details of our stay in order to avoid any confusion. As we walked out towards our room we noticed the pool complex. The pool area is medium size with a couple hot tub areas and two sections of infinity pools. The Aquazul near the pool has wonderful food and there is also an equipment stand nearby where you can use snorkel equipment, kayaks and all kinds of beach activity items. The room itself was phenomenal and features a security gate that closes off the sets of room for some added security and comfort. Our room blew our minds away and was really well designed and spacious. Upon our arrival in the room, there was a bottle of champagne on ice and two towels folded into birds beak to beak, forming a heart. Both of the other restaurants Blanca Blue and STK were great as well. The food options were good and so tasty but light. We ended up trying just about all of the breakfast, lunch and dinner selections. I can't get over the level of service and how friendly everyone at the resort was from equipment stand guy to the cleaning staff. As a part of our honeymoon deal we also got a couples massage and it was so relaxing and beautiful in the spa room and all of the ladies were so great and professional. I hear of people claiming that service in Mexico is slow but first of all it's difficult not to feel completely relaxed when traveling in Mexico but I didn't find the service to be slow at all. As a matter of fact, I was struck by an incident where I spilled some red sauce on my white shirt at STK and within seconds as I was dabbing my napkin in my water to clean the stain off, someone from the restaurant staff dropped off a small cup of club soda. In addition, apparently the staff knew about this trip being our honeymoon and the first drink served at STK had a heart drawn in chocolate syrup on top of my wife's martini. I can't say enough about a particular staff member by the name of Ricardo, who I believe is the Supervisor of Food and Beverage. We got to talk to him a few times during our stay and exchanged stories about our lives and had some great conversations with him. On our last night at the Garza Blanca, after dinner Ricardo said "There is something special waiting in your room." When we got back to the room we noticed another bottle of champagne on ice, romantic music playing, a romance kit with all kinds of fun things in it (some of which can't be mentioned on this site), candles in the shape of a heart around our little towel love birds and the jacuzzi tub full of bubbles with rose petals sprinkled on top. We were beside ourselves to say the least. Everything about the Garza Blanca was amazing from the resort property itself to the pools, restaurants, staff and the hammock out on the deck. We can't wait to go back. People also mention how the ocean around PV isn't very clear. It's not like the Bahamas but it's fairly clear and very warm. After losing my wedding band in the ocean on day three we got some snorkel gear and looked for it and while we didn't find my ring, we did see all kinds of sea life including rays, tropical fish, craps, octopus and other creatures. It can get churned up by the waves and cut visibility but it's still clear enough to see things swimming around. The only suggestions I would have for the Garza Blanca is to not have people sign a bill when they are on the all inclusive plan, it only serves to create some initial confusion. Also, I would suggest creating some kind of "Do not disturb" system for the rooms. One morning I was in a deep sleep while my wife was at the spa and was awakened by the buzzer when housekeeping wanted to service the room. I can only imagine the times people have been caught in compromising positions as housekeeping walks in after getting no response from the buzzer. I would also offer up another suggestion. Do not take the property tour for discounted activity tickets unless you want to waste three hours and get the hard sell on buying time share. It was our own fault for going and I don't blame the Garza Blanca at all. We ended up getting a deep discount on the Los Veranos zip line tour but I'm not sure if it was worth it especially when we were told the presentation was 50 minutes and wasn't going to be high pressure. We had to tell Trent, the time share representative that we weren't interested 10 different ways and had to sit through him "talking to his buddy" and bringing in another person to put the squeeze on us. Not really worth wasting a good portion of your vacation on. Other than those few things, the Garza Blanca was the perfect honeymoon spot and we really can't wait to go back. And a final thing, a little kindness, an attempt at speaking Spanish and good tips for good service go a LONG way.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Garza Blanca is by far my favorite resort in Puerto Vallarta. I love the location as it feels like you are on a secluded beach surrounded by jungle. The beach is small, but clean and safe. One of the prettier beaches in the area (clear water, light colored sand, etc). I split my stay and did a few nights up in Nuevo Vallarta which had lovely resorts, but not tropical at all and ugly beaches! Garza Blanca was a breath of fresh air! We were in a basic Deluxe Ocean View room. It was nice, nothing too over the top. The bathtub was really nice and deep. My only concern would be anyone elderly or disabled would have trouble climbing into it as it's rather high. We enjoyed the hammock on the balcony overlooking some coconut trees and the ocean. Felt like paradise! I am in the Travel Industry and I did sight inspect the rooms and suites which were very impressive. If you are looking for a two or three bedroom unit, the penthouses were incredible! Huge terraces, large enought to entertain..or even a small wedding to be performed from the unit. Great for multi generational families or even a few couples traveling together.

Blanca Blue was my favorite restaurant. I can't say enough about the breakfast here! The poach egg served over polenta topped with holindaise sauce was amazing! The red chilliquiles was really good too. I have to say I was slightly dissapointed with STK. I was there during restaurant week and many of the high end restaurants were offering a set menu. STK was one of them. It was a three course menu. My first course which was a sashimi dish was wonderful. My boyfriend had a "cube salmon" which was delicious as well. However, both of us got the rib eye and half of it was fat...we had to litterally dig through the fat and grissle for the very little meat that was there. And...the desert was litteraly "a bite", the size of 1 chocolate truffle. We left dinner still hungry. But, again it was restaurant week and a "set menu". I'd still like to return and try their regular menu, I'll give it a second try. The location of STK is up on a hill and you have to take a golf cart to get there. The view is incredible! Location of this restaurant is extremely romantic, in fact, we got to sit outside and enjoy the sunset! Dispite our dissapointment in the meal, the view was worth the visit.

The pool area had a nice atmosphere. They always had music playing...not too loud, very enjoyable. There are actually two pools that are right next to each other. 1 is adults only which is the infinity edge. The pool that allows kids has a fountain that the little ones can run through. The service was good, the staff isn't too overwhelming, but if you needed something, they were there to help. The poolside bar is also a snack bar. I found the food to be well priced for the most part.

A nice touch is the fact that the resort offers a free shuttle a couple of time a day into downtown! Take advantage of this! Although cabs really aren't too expensive (probably $5-$10 US dollars each way), it was a nice benefit.

There is construction going on accross the street. They are building a new tower (which looks like it's going to be really nice!). Yes, it is a ittle noisy at the moment but they do a good job at drowning out most of the noise with the music at the pool, a wall behind the pool helps, etc. I honestly didn't mind it too much...but for those picky travelers out there, it may be a problem and a partial eye sore.

We visited the zoo which is about a 5 min cab ride away! I highly recommend this! It was AMAZING and the highlight of my entire trip! You get to hand feed/pet most of the animals including a graffe, tropical birds, monkeys, and you get to pet and play with BABY TIGERS! What an unforgettable experience. We didn't even know about this zoo existing but one of the bell boys at the hotel told us about it so we took some time out of our last full day there to visit and was worth it!

I can't wait to return to this little piece of paradise! I highly recommend this hotel for couples looking for a sophisticated yet understated resort experience! It is also good for families but there is no kids program/club.

Room Tip: Try to get a Jr. Suite...those rooms have outdoor jacuzzis.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My wife and I came here for our Honeymoon for a relaxing getaway, and found exactly that. The staff was friendly and attentive from the start. Check-in did take more time than expected but when greeted with their specialty drink, a Cucumber Margarita with a Cayene pepper rim, it is hard to be upset. Salvador showed us to our suite and made sure to explain everything on the way to the room as well as when we got to the room. The suite was very spacious, including a full kitchen, living room, washer and dryer, large tub, 2 full bathrooms and a large balcony with a hammoc ready for use. We dined in both dinner restaurants twice and was amazed not only in quality of the food, but the plate presentation as well. Drinks at the restaurants and by the pool were made very well, but sometimes took a while. Throughout our entire stay, the pool staff, wait staff, concierge and every one else was very friendly and attentive. We will definately be back but maybe next time will have a few friends tag along. HIGHLY RECCOMEND

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Gerente at Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
I am delighted to read your positives comments, thank you for giving us the opportunity of being your host.

It is so important for us to know our guest’s opinions and realize that we, as a team, are accomplishing our most important mission, which is exceeding our guest’s expectations.

Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa is pleased to present a new gastronomical experience and it´s already known culinary level. Bocados STK bites & meats; the new concept south of Puerto Vallarta, located on Garza Blanca´s mountaintop, the greatest view of the bay, and Puerto Vallarta´s starlight. Combiningthe best of both indoor and outdoor settings.

Bocados STK bites & meats reinvents the image of your classic steakhouse, creating a fresh new concept. Combining worldwide contemporary and unique flavors, our menu offers a blend of RAW foods, small BITES, and the finest imported MEATS. It is your up and coming "hottest" restaurant in town.
the chef :Kori Sutton Born in Newport Beach, California, USA, but has lived in Mexico for many years. Country which now calls "true home" The gastronomical culture is in her genes since in her family there are great chefs; Her great grandfather is an expert in baking; Her grandfather is chef and her uncle Head Chef of cuisine in the United States Army. Also her mother is owner of a catering business, from which Chef Kori Sutton remembers her happiest moments in the kitchen of her grandmother watching her whole family make delicious and unique banquets together for family events. In her sixteen years of age she attended the prestigious C.I.A. ( Culinary Institute of America) in New York, moment in which she developed her profesional future and passion; and she found herself destined to continue with an uninterrupted carreer in the fascinating art of gastronomy. When she returned to Mexico, she was apprentice to the recognized Chef Thierry Blouet, in the restaurant Café des Artistes. When she returned to the United States, she complimented her knowledge in various fine dining restaurants. Including the "Pacifico Restaurant" in the Ventura Beach Marriott Hotel, and the "Churon Winery". To then come back to her beloved Puerto Vallarta. Place in which she has worked as private Chef in events for celebrities and ex presidents. Today, Chef Sutton is part of the Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa family and coordinates the extraordinary creations of BocaDosStk Bites & Meats.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences at trip advisor; for us, all our guests are unique and each one of you are the most important one and our intention is to make you feel that way.

Receive a warm greeting from SALVADOR , your favorite bellboy !!!

Pierre Yves Bonin
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed a few night to celebrate an anniversary. Very special place, beautifully decorated, very comfortable bed. Loved the hammock on balcony. There were very few staying in hotel, which was really nice from our perpective. Construction noise from across street was noticeablebut not too distracting. Outside of PV. So you have to take cab to go anywhere else to eat, which quickly adds up. Would definately return if i went back to PV. You will get the hard sell to tour the time share across street which is annoying.

Room Tip: Should have pushed harder for upgrade as hotel was at <10% of capacity...not sure why.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director General at Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We hope we can be your home away from home again in the near future.
Enchantment in place and time characterizes Garza Blanca Preserve & Spa , this multi -faceted resort , combienes the flavor of the past with modern conveniences that more than surpass expectations.
Framed by the foothills of the sierra madre , jungle growth reaches the gracious coastline of tranquil Banderas Bay .Colorful sunsets over the water create your own private show .
When Latin rhytms call , known worlwide for its lively and diversified nightlife .
Dance all night and return to the security of your exclusive address.

Pierre Yves Bonin

Been to Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!