“Wouldn't stay any place else” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Selva Romantica

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Selva Romantica
You added Selva Romantica to your Saves list
Francisca Rodriquez 203 | Zona Romantica, Puerto Vallarta 48380, Mexico   |
Granger, In
“Wouldn't stay any place else”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have stayed at Selva Romantica the last 5 or 6 years and always stay in the Safari units. A number of times I have stayed in Safari 6 which I again did this year for ten days starting in the first week of Jan. My daughter and her boyfriend joined me later in the week and stayed in Safari 10.
I wouldn't stay any other place. I only took a carry on with me as they have a laundry room that is free for the use of guests.

The beach, tons of restaurants and bars are all with in walking distance. I can be on the beach in five minutes or at a number of bars and restaurants in the same time frame. Incidentally the best massage in the whole city is just a three minute walk down the hill owned by Angie called Metamorfosis Day Spa.

I have written many reviews and usually ready the previous reviews of others to see if I'm going to be fair in criticism or praise as I know a lot of businesses can be hurt or helped by how many stars they are given.

There was a previous review which gave this place one star for reasons such as too many stairs, don't cater to children and not close to Walmart so he has to take a ten mile bus ride to get food..
I can't believe the reviewer didn't know there was steps as it is mentioned in almost every review on here including a couple in their 60's that wrote a review who handled the steps well and chalked it up to good exercise. That being said anyone with a handicap should look for a place elsewhere.
Second this place never advertises that it's a children friendly property.
Third, who the heck wants to go to Walmart in Mexico? I cooked out at the condo many times and there are numerous butcher shops, fresh seafood shops and produce shops and the Central market that are all with-in walking distance. The reviewer also gave this place one star for the location. Most people rent here because of the location as can be evidenced by all the reviews that give this place 5 stars for the location. Funny he has only one review.

I have always booked with Eileen Key as did my daughter. There is nothing she wouldn't do for her guests. She has also become a friend. Yes I heard about “Mr. Miserable” from her because she called me up one night almost in tears wanting to talk. She explained she never had a client like Tom Bell and tried everything she could to please him.

I see she responded to his review but I think she is too much of a lady to go into details of some of the things he said on his part as told to me. I see he also has only one review..
Anyone that has been on been on Tripadvsor for any length of time will see one or two bad reviews mixed in with mostly all 4 and 5 star reviews.
I myself will gladly continue to stay at Selva Romantica and also would like to tell the owners of Safari 6 how much I have enjoyed their unit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I should start by saying this property is gorgeous, outside and in. It is also in an amazing centralized area of old town. The pool is great and the views are sweeping. We traveled with a group of friends, and although we all stayed in different rooms, we did gather together in the largest room quite often. Our 2nd night there, we were told to be quiet in the pool area, AT 7PM. Yes you read that right. We then went out to dinner, and came back around 9ish. We were all gathered upstairs on the patio talking, no music, when some crazy resident came up and started screaming at us about keeping them up all night. The following day we received a complaint saying all sorts of things, from us screaming, having the police called, etc. turns out the resident decided to lie about our stay to try and get us kicked out. Suffice to say, the remainder of our trip, we spent as little time there as possible, and will never return. If you are going to PV for a quiet romantic getaway, or an old folks home experience this hotel is for you. If you have a group, I would strongly recommend finding a friendlier place to stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I guess after seven years of renting condos at Selva Romantica, and hundreds of happy vacationers, it's inevitable that I run into someone like "westkits1" aka Tom Bell. This was Tom's third booking with me, so I guess he was happy with my service in the past. A number of his friends book with me also. He knew the property well enough in the course of his previous visits to understand that the north side of the complex is noisier. You hear music from the bars, traffic, roosters. The unit he chose was on the north side. It is a lovely two-room studio with an ocean view. Most people would have been happy there.

Yes, I should have told him that the unit had been sold. But by the time the sale was completed, Selva was 100% booked for the holidays. There were no other units to offer him. I checked on the progress of the remodel, and it was coming along satisfactorily, with new furniture and appliances. I thought he would be pleased. Guess not. The owner had to fly home suddenly due to a family emergency and could not complete a few of the projects, such as art on the walls.

Tom was wrong on a number of complaints. There was a stereo there, but not knowing this I offered him my own stereo and a number of CDs from my own unit. The TV worked, he just needed to be shown how to use it, which the office manager did for him. I sent him several Wi-Fi codes offered by other owners nearby. The owner certainly did care, sending up several household items and fresh flowers. The mattress was brand new, not "cheap". At this point, I was in Portland visiting family for Christmas and could do nothing more for him. If I was confronted by a dirty coffeemaker, I guess I'd wash it. We offered to send the maid again. Another rental agent I work with offered to come into the unit with artwork to decorate it and make him and future renters more comfortable. He refused to meet with her.

Tom Bell was soon referred to as "Mr. Miserable" by other people at Selva. Here he was, in a popular, beautiful resort over the holidays, with a number of friends in nearby units, with all the festivities going on, and all he could do was be unhappy and vindictive. It's really too bad. His friends told me that he was just like that - a personality defect of some sort where any little thing sets him off and he never lets go of it. I hope he gets a handle on his problems. Good luck, Tom.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Im a return visitor to this wonderful development for three years. Just returned from my christmas vacation there.
Ive rented through Serentavallarta before and have recommended others to this company.
However as of this trip i will not be able to to that any longer. Unknown to myself the condo i had booked back in the summer had changed hands. Upon my arrival i could see that my unit had been modified from the photos that i had picked on their website. I later found out that the new owner was changing it for his personal use and that the unit would not be rented in the future. The unit had been hastily put back together with no regard for a renter, literally the day before i arrived. No WIFI which was listed, TV didnt work, no stereo, no curtains, no pictures on the walls, cheap bedding and pillows, dirty coffemaker,and drainboard, microwave not in its correct location due to no electrical, safe did not work. Plus Iguanas 3 faces a yard below with fighting roosters sounding all day and night, no mention of this from the agent.
I spent my time trying to get the place put together. Was told by the agent Eileen Key that the owner did not care. That was obvious. I paid high season prices for this unit, it was not worth it. This renting agent was not forthcoming about this situation and was ineffective in making the place better.
So beware of this type of situation happening in an otherwise lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: Units facing the cathedral on the low side are subject to noise from roosters.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Nanaimo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have stayed in several units in Selva Romantica and Linda Vista is by far the best condo and Loltia the owner could not have been more gracious. The spacious outdoor patio area is a dream and the views are amazing. Once you walk in the door you feel as if you are home and you want for nothing from the complete kitchen to the small library of books and magazines. Loltia has thought of everything to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cabos, san lucas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Be prepared for the crueling 1/8 to 1/4 mile climb to the resort. Spa was turned off most of the time.No shopping for food - must take bus to g (1/2 mile away) to Walmart which is 10 miles mile away. No activities for children. When it rains, it sometimes comes into the open kitchen area. Manager of resort is not a very kind or customer-oriented personStairs, stairs, stairs - you better be in good shape!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have stayed in three different units in Selva Romantica and will continue to go back. It's perched on a perfect little hill with city, ocean, and mountain views. The pool is a perfect spot to relax all day or unwind in the early evening after a day at the beach. It's perfect for gay travellers wanting to be close to Blue Chairs beach area and night spots.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Selva Romantica? Share your experiences!