Note: There is a hostel and a suites building, but you check in at the hostel. This review is for the suites.
I was a little apprehensive of staying here before I arrived, not sure why, but that was unfounded. The suite we stayed in was comfortable, a little basic, but had a charm to it. The kitchen had everything we needed and as the other review state, Ricardo was helpful and friendly. The room had a big double bed and a sofa-bed which the cleaner made up for us as I was travelling with a friend, so its fine for sharing, but a tad on the small side. Lots of cupboard space too, so you can hang your outfits, frocks and chaps with ease. There is no restaurant in the suites as you have your own kitchen, so don't expect breakfast (if you are awake for that anyway). The shower was brilliant with enough water pressure to rip your skin off... perfect for washing off anything that may get on your skin from the nightlife on offer around the hotel... if you know what I mean.... The outdoor patio and pool is bathed in sun and great for relaxing in in the morning (in fact, we only woke up in the afternoon, so I can't talk about mornings) but a great place to get rid of a hangover. Also, in the early hours it was a place to spend time with "new friends" if you did not want to return to the room, or if the room was, erm... 'busy'.
The beach is only 2 blocks away and the 'main drag' (not drag queen) is at the end of the street. This has all the restaurants you could need as well as convenience stores and a market a short walk away. Head up the hill and get views of the city, down the hill to the beach for all together more interesting views of the wildlife ;-) Its close enough to places like CC's (where everyone ends up) and La Noche for you to just stroll there in a couple of minutes, which has an added bonus of it not being a long way back should you find yourself in a position where you have a little (or big) something to take home.
Overall the place is secure, well located, clean and comfortable, a great spot to enjoy the many fun activities on offer in PV, both the ones you will find in the guide books and the ones you may not... You'll have a blast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the romantic zone of Puerto Vallarta just a few steps away from one of the most attractive sandy beaches - Playa de los Muertos - and surrounded by great cafes and restaurants, our location allows you to walk to the most beautiful places in town. Enjoy the quietude while staying in the heart of Old Puerto Vallarta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, Despegar.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Vallarta Sun Suites & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vallarta Sun Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Vallarta Sun Suites And Hotel