“Great End of World/New Era Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

223-0530 - local
Website
Improve this listing
Seattle, Washington
“Great End of World/New Era Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was in Puerto Vallarta on vacation and wanted to do some yoga while in town. After a basic google search, I found davannayoga. The taxi driver didn't recognize it by name, but he navigated easily with crossroad directions.

I didn't know what to expect but I was happy to find a quaint corner studio on a hill overlooking the city. The room fit about 10 people. The class was fun, as we did some grounding, some sun salutations, and then challenged ourselves with using a folded blanket under our feet and tried not to slip on the tile floor--it taught me a lot about how I should be engaging my muscles during postures! Anna reminded us that it was the supposed End of the World that day, and I was very happy to be in her class for it.

Anna seems to be a very knowledgable and experienced instructor with a great energy about her. I usually do more hot yoga (power and Bikram) but her class was just as satisfying.

Her studio and her classes are in English.

Visited December 2012

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Better than 99% of the classes in the USA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was not expecting much from this class. SURPRISE SURPRISE....It was challenging, interesting sequence of poses in a great, friendly modern studio. Our teacher (I believe his name is Terry) was fantastic. So good, I went back for his Tuesday 9am class.

Be good to yourself and get yourself to his class!

Visited December 2012
Hayward, California
“great novice experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have never done yoga. Having recently committed myself to losing weight and getting healthy, I used my vacation time in Puerto Vallarta to explore new ways to turn my life around. I attended two Restorative Yoga classes. I was apprehensive about being a novice and feeling out of place. My fears were unfounded. I was welcomed into the classes and helped along the way. I was given excellent feedback and look forward to exploring yoga as a path towards better fitness and health.

Visited November 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Wonderful yoga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had only tried yoga a couple of times before going here. I booked three private classes with the owner Anna Laurita. It was a great experience. Anna started the first class with asking me of my gold with classes and from that created a personal list of yoga exercises that we practised. That way i ended up with a yoga class that i can do at home. Anna film some of her classes and post it on vimeo so you can find the instructions when you come home. Anna is a really good teacher and i learned a lot from her.
The yogacenter is really nice. Get there 10 minutes before your class starts and enjoy the view of the City and the bay.
If you are looking for a beautiful, peaceful place to do yoga with a dedicated teacher this is the place to go. I highly recommend it.

Visited November 2012
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Real Yoga Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

A must try experience! Being a yoga instructor...I tend to be very analytic about yoga centers and after a hunt for the right place I was blown away when I found this yoga alliance registered studio. With a variety of yoga styles to choose from, rest assure you will be practicing yoga guided by certified yoga instructors that will help you better your yoga practice and further your spiritual growth. Also offering Yoga Alliance RYT - 200 Certification Program, the most widely recognized yoga certification program in the world!

Visited July 2012