“Perfect location!” 4 of 5 stars

Malecon 1 Esq. Abedul Col. Emiliano Zapata, Puerto Vallarta 48380, Mexico   |
So. Cal.
“Perfect location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Loved staying here in beautiful Puerto Vallarta........ahhhhhh!!!
Ok, back to reality. I guess this is supposed to be a "gay friendly" hotel, but didn't see many gays. My boyfriend and I stayed there for 5 wonderful days back in July 2010. There was not a restaurant or bar at the actual hotel, but it was right in the middle of old vallarta. You can walk to many local places, and eat/drink for very low prices.
The beach is a short walk away, what more can you ask for. When we would go to the beach the bar attendant form the neighboring hotel would bring us drinks right to the beach!!

So the room is not impeccable, but so what? You have to take the good with the bad. And for the price, you cannot pass it up.

**Tip
Go to Fredys Twocan and Cafe de Olla,very good food =)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Our stay was in July, and we stayed for 6 nights. This was our first trip to Mexico, and our experience was average. One thing to note is that were were there off-season (thankfully), so we didn't experience most of the issues others encountered. The hotel had plenty of rooms open, so were able to upgrade to a two bedroom, ocean front. I agree with the other reviewers that this hotel is dated, and is in need of a serious update. But, overall it was acceptable. The location was good, and it was in walking distance of most things. We would go back to Puerto Vallarta, but would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We booked (an prepaid) a combo trip though Travelocity on United Air and Blue Seas Resort in Puerto Vallarta. No problems with United, However when we arrived at Blue Seas Resort, the staff which consisted of a security gaurd and one receptionist were dumfounded to find us arriving. After about 10 minutes at the front gate waiting for the security gaurd to let us in, he escorted us to the reception area. When we arrived there (no one spoke a word of English and luckily one of us did speak some Spanish) we were told the room they had for us was not available because they could not find they key to the room but had another room we could have for one night and then move to our regular room. We weren't happy but said OK. After another 15 minutes of shuffling paper and phone calls, we were then told there were no rooms available and the hotel was CLOSED. We questioned them and the receptionist phoned her manager who then confirmed the nhotel had been closed. We showed them our written confirmation of prepaid booking and they said we would have to take it up with Travelocity. It was very hot and humid in the office as there air conditioners were all turned and they would not let us use their phones to call Travelocity - we had to use ourt cell phone and try to figure out the country codes to call US. Their mamager refused to help us obtain other lodging saying it was Travelocities responsibility. We finally managed to get to use their computer to look up a known hotel to use online and call them and they saved us by having two rooms available at a very reasonable rate - Thank you Joey at Hotel Mercurio for being so professional and welcoming. Blue Seas is a mess!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

This resort is not in the center at all, yes there is restaurants near by but it is situated on the Side of the Hill almost to the end of Los muertos Beach. You have to walk up and down small hills in cobbles stones street to get back to the center where most of all the G. BARS are.. Been their many time and this is Not a Luxury resort at all, closet doors are falling apart, old Lamp TV, dirty sofa, one little elevator that breaks down all the time and serve the front building facing the beach and side building facing the Tropicana. If you end up in the back street building there is NO elevator. Everything is pretty much out dated in this place, pigeons poo on the balcony and they don't do anythings about it, they are very limited in staff in this place. After 6pm you are pretty left on your own.Don't look for a Jaccuci there is None and the Pool is pretty Small and Not heated....At lease twice we were turn down at checking with the same excuse that they over book and they don't have anymore availability, then they want to send you to Costa Sur or another resorts they have, and it is situated half an hour away on the other side of the mountain. DONT GO, there is no beach and you are away from everything and they will try to sell you timeshare for Blueseas for your next visit... One good thing is that they have a full kitchen and if you lucky you have a washer and dryer out dated. They do lock the entrance from the beach early just like the beach Bar and restaurant 6PM. Hey don't expect a lot from this place the management is Bad and if you book on the web don't be surprise to be turn down when checking in. The best is to book true a Fractionnal Owner Because they own all the Units facing the beach full view and the side building facing Tropicana with a partial view. Hey this place is not so bad and its not a dump but it is not what they claim to be. Have a good vacation!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

I booked Blue Sea hotel with hotels.com for July one week.
3 weeks before my trip, hotels.com called and canceled my reservation with no reason, then they replaced with 1 bedroom (2 stars) for 6 people - from 2 bed/2bath (3 stars Blue Sea). I accepted over the phone because the information was not clear. But when the email confirmation after the conversation, I called and asked for change, they make a new arrangement with bigger room, but they charge me double price. they say they try to help me out, basically they tried to sell me a master bedroom for more.
not to mention they hang up on me few times waste 4 hr on the phones, never talk to manage.

They ripped me off here.

I will email this to anybody i have on my list and broadcast this to everyone on the internet.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I've stayed in several places and talked to lots of other travels and have settled on the Blue Seas as my favorite. The condos are huge, whether 1 or 2 bedroom. The view is right out onto the blue chairs, but the accommodations are so much nicer. Unlike many condos, they clean every day. The in-room washer/dryer is a great plus if you're there more than a few days. They were also great about letting me keep the room until I had to leave for the airport at 2:00 pm, something other places have not been so flexible about. I know several people have had issues with Expedia reservations, so if you can get the same deal, book directly on the blue seas website (I got a special on the site).

Don't expect much from the gym - It's pretty useless other than the cardio machines, and it's not air-conditioned, so you have to be used to the heat and humidity to be up for using them. The new Fit Club, near the bridge downtown, is a great option if you want to work out in a real gym.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

It was my first time to "gay Puerto Vallarta" I really enjoyed this hotel because its location, right on the beach and within walking distance from bars, restaurantes etc.
At the same time is quiet and you can relax, it not 24/7 party party party like its neighbors hotels.... for me that was an excellent combination.
The staff had excellent service I got a present sent from abroad and the lady from the reception was kind enough to look for me at the beach club and deliver it on hand instead of just leaving it at the room.

The only thing that I found confusing is that the beach club in front of the hotel that actually is named Blue Seas Beach Club is no longer from the hotel so you dont get any advantage for being a guest at the hotel you have to pay the same cover as any one else, in any case there the food and service are great to so its worth it.

ah! also, there is no WiFi at the rooms, you have to go an outdoor patio, this I found incredible nowadays.

Room Tip: third or fouth floor ocean front