“A tropical gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hacienda Mosaico

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hacienda Mosaico
You added Hacienda Mosaico to your Saves list
Calle Milan 274 | Colonia Versalles, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico   |
Atlanta, GA
“A tropical gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

I’ve stayed at Hacienda Mosaico twice, both times for weeklong artist workshops. They were 2 of most pleasant vacations of my adult life. Hacienda Mosaico is a lovely Bed & Breakfast with all the amenities one expects. The artist workshops are a joy from the perspective that the grounds provide a wonderful setting for creativity. Breakfast & lunch are provided by the Hacienda’s chef, each meal a gourmand’s delight. The workspace is in a covered area surrounded by the lovely tropical garden. The mosaics for which the Hacienda is named are tastefully arranged in harmony with the garden, walls, and arched doorways. I understand Hacienda Mosaico is also available for nightly or weekly vacationers. The Hacienda’s proprietor, Sandra “Sam” Leonard, is an impeccable host and can advise you on all details of your stay. Puerto Vallarta is a 10 or 15 minute taxi ride and a very enjoyable place to stroll the Malecon and spend the evening. The water system is one of the best and we have never had to worry about tourista. The art walk starting at 6:00 on Wednesday evening is delightful and not to be missed.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
STL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

I have just returned from a 7day stay at the Hacienda Mosaico and I loved it SO MUCH I am taking my husband there in April for our anniversary. I stayed at Hacienda Mosaico for the purpose of taking a jewellery workshop with a favorite teacher of mine. The teacher and the students were so inspired by the color, creativity and natural beauty of our surroundings. The Hacienda is an airy, colorful and secluded setting. There is flora, art and even a resident iguana. The hostess, Sandra (Sam) Leonard welcomed us with a margarita and was available at all times during our stay for a friendly chat or to answer any questions we had about the local customs and culture, and assisted us with restaurant choices and transportation requests. The food at Hacienda was fabulous - we were served a variety of local foods for both breakfasts and lunches during the workshop, deliciously and healthily prepared by the Hacienda chef . For dinner, you could dine well and reasonably priced close to Hacienda or if you are in the mood for a wonderful walk or a short cab ride, there are many yummy and lovely restaurants, all very reasonably priced. The rooms were beautifully and creatively decorated, spacious and comfortable, each with private bathroom facilities, and kept spotlessly clean by the staff. If you are looking for somewhere fun and unusual to stay, I would not hesitate to recommend the Hacienda Mosaico!

• Liked — beautiful accomodations and wonderful food
  • Disliked — I had to leave!!!
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

Wonderful hospitality from Sam and her staff for a great week of vacation and workshop. I especially liked being away from the tourist area and loved having the studio to work in. Look forward to returning to try another week perhaps to do another type of art.

• Liked — Wonderful atmosphere and attentive service
  • Disliked — Little noisy at night...but is Mexico so kind of expected..pack earplugs if sensitive
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2009

I have just returned from a 9 day stay at the Hacienda Mosaico and I can't wait to go back. I went there with a friend for the purpose of taking a jewellery workshop and we were so inspired by the colour and beauty of our surroundings. The Hacienda is filled with unique artwork of every description, not just the beautiful mosaics for which it is named, although there are plenty of examples of those to be found. The hostess, Sandra (Sam) Leonard welcomed us with a margarita and was available at all times during our stay for a friendly chat or to answer any questions we had about the local customs and culture, and assisted us with restaurant choices and transportation requests. The food was fabulous - we were served a variety of local foods for both breakfasts and lunches during the workshop, deliciously prepared by the Hacienda chef and there are a number of tasty eateries within walking distance or a short taxi ride away, all very reasonably priced. The rooms were beautifully decorated, spacious and comfortable, each with private bathroom facilities, and kept spotlessly clean by the staff. If you are looking for somewhere fun and unusual to stay, I would not hesitate to recommend the Hacienda Mosaico!

• Liked — The ambiance
  • Disliked — There wasn't anything I didn't like!
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

My favorite kind of vacation is to combine a beautiful venue with LEARNING something. I have taken glass bead classes in Italy and the south of France, glass workshops in Barcelona and Turkey; and several workshops at the Hacienda Mosaico in Puerto Vallarta. This is a beautiful and serene property with a fabulous host (Sandra Leonard) - filled with art and, yes, mosaics, many created by the owner. Staying at the Hacienda is like walking into a breathing piece of art. I took a glass in mosaic sculpture. We had wonderful lunches prepared by the chef and swam in the pool during siesta. A handful of very good local restaurants are a few doors away. For a vacation with a difference, I highly recommend the Hacienda Mosaico.

• Liked — The many personal and artistic touches in the Hacienda.
  • Disliked — I liked everything!!
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hacienda Mosaico? Share your experiences!