“Great veggie/vegan Mexican food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet
Granada, Granada, Nicaragua
“Great veggie/vegan Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I was recommended here by my teacher at Davanna yoga, and I come at least once, if not twice a week. The food is reasonably priced, and they have a realyl big selection, most which is vegan as well.I like how they make typical mexican sauces and dishes, but veggie version-great way to get a meat free and healthy taste of great mexican food. The juices are really tasty, both the fruit one and the green one, and theres also tea or coffee, as well as fruit and a dessert after. For the price it is a great deal, and you know that you are eating healthy, fresh, wholesome food. I have had both lunch and breakfast and I like both!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Portland, Oregon
“Best Deal in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

What food! What friendly service! We were lucky to discover planeta on our first night in Vallarta, and we returned for just about every night thereafter. Between the variety of healthy options, the home-away-from-home atmosphere, and the reasonable prices, we barely thought to find another place we'd rather go for dinner.
We really appreciated the variety of dishes; some Mexican and others Asian. Every visit had another nice surprise waiting for us. We even managed to make it in for breakfast on our way out to the airport. Yum! If we'd known breakfast was as nice as dinner we may not have made it anywhere else in Vallarta. When you're tired of the crowds and tourist food, and want a healthy variety, make your way here.

Visited January 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Non Veg - Loved It !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

First, I'm not a vegetarian and hated the thought of going to this restaurant that our friends wanted to take us to. OMG, LOVED IT !!!!! They have what I'd describe as a 'salad bar' and a 'hot table', plus an area with various drinks. I took a small plate (they have small and large) and went to the salad bar. The owner (I assume) told me that two of the items were ceviches - thought this was great but then dawned on me it was probably made with tofu; anyway it was wonderful. Almost all of the items on the salad bar were unique to me (I took what I thought was, and looked exactly like honeydoo melon), and it turned out to be a vegetable that I'd never experienced. My three companions finished their salads and headed to the hot table. I turned in my small plate, got a large plate and submerged myself in the salad bar with lust in my eyes ;-} This restaurant is close to the 'church' but a little off the beaten path. Get it pegged on google map or whatever before going. At the end of the meal, they brought us a slice of cake. Again, I'm not a vegetarian, but this was marvelous. Enjoy !!!!! My hope is to go back to PV in February. Maybe Planeta Vegetariano will let me put a tent outside the restaurant and it will save me a lot of walking ;-}

• Visited November 2013
El Cerrito, California
“Terrific Vegetarian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great restaurant - tried all the dishes and liked every one of them. The staff was friendly and helpful. Did not like one of the juices, but so what with all the other choices. Really enjoyed being able to get a quick, filling,nutritious and tasty meal without all the hoopla surrounding a full scale restaurant. The location was easily accessible and in a very good area. We went 3 times, for breakfast, lunch and dinner and each meal was as good as the one before it. Would definitely go again.

• Visited November 2013
Long Beach, California
“Simple and consistently delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We make it a point to walk the steps up of Calle Iturbide and visit Planeta Vegetariano whenever we are in town. It's a great value for lunch and it's all you can eat.

We are omnivores and love to eat our share of meat and poultry, but all things in moderation: a nice veggie meal from time to time is a great way to balance out the diet.

Also, it's fun to visit places outside of the Zona Romantica, and this little lovely veg place is a great place to eat when you are doing some sightseeing in El Centro.

• Visited May 2013