“Working on their Gadar!!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #188 of 735 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fifteen years ago, driven by the advice of a good friend, we started with a small facility; this was a time when we only had a variety of 7 pizzas and 2 salads. I personally started cooking with one of my old cooks, we worked very hard and added some pastas in order to serve our customers the way they deserved.Several years went by and our clientele grew every day. Luckily, the property next door became vacant and we decided to extend the restaurant to service all our customers who still visit us to this day, we remodeled the place and now have a dining area for 200 people. We created a fresh and clean environment with a romantic and bohemian touch, features that are our trademark in La Piazzetta. We also extended our menu and created 24 different types of our already famous pizzas, new salads, pastas and main courses, creating the menu you can now enjoy with us.
Toronto, Canada
“Working on their Gadar!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

La Piazzetta has always been one of our favourite places in OldTown Romantic zone of PV. It 's overall atmosphere, outdoor terrazza with a view of the street life, and their signature pizzas.
Mimmo, the owner has always been friendly and welcoming, as have their capable waiters.
They gained some negative notoriety last season for a 'gay incident'. The affected party may have played a part in the 'altercation' (we have all witnessed folks who seem to want to exceed the norms of acceptable social behaviour - gay, straight or otherwise!) and Mimmo and company have made strides to right whatever wrong MAY have been committed.
Last night, we enjoyed our arrival dinner out at La Piazzetta, and couldn't have been more pleased. Except for a family altercation at the large table next to us! (may I mention that they were straight!)
Please give Mimmo and his very capable staff (waiters and kitchen) a chance to regain your confidence. They deserve it.

• Visited November 2013

San Francisco Bay Area
“Good food, attentive and relaxed service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Definitely better than most of the Italian restaurants I've been to in PV. Generous sized portions and seasoned well. Service is warm and sincere. Always a very good experience!

Visited November 2013
Canada
“best pizza in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This place is amazing, and I make it there at least once every trip to PV. I always get pizza cause they are so great, selection is large and they remind me of pizzas in Europe, where I'm from.

Staff and service are professional and friendly and the ambience on the outdoor deck at Olas Atlas location is fantastic. It's a busy corner, but the deck is huge and partially hidden, so it's also private. At least this is my feeling when I'm sitting on it.

• Visited November 2013
Seattle
“Good Pizza, Good Service and Good Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We have gone to Piazzetta in PV several times and the food is very good as well is the service. It is a good price also. There is a full bar and nice clean restrooms. We take the whole family when we go. I would recommend it. Only about a 3 dollar taxi ride from Plaza Las Glorias.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Longmont, Colorado
“Excellent Birthday Celebration”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We went to La Piazzetta for my birthday and it was amazing. I had the Spaghetti al la Vongole with clams and garlic and my husband had Spaghetti Vongole with shrimp and squid. We each had a salad, shared a bottle of wine, they sang happy birthday and gave me a birthday drink and dessert. The total cost for the two of us including a 25% tip was $85.

• Visited April 2013