“Emiliano Restaurant Review My Birthday Dinner Feb 22, 2012” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Chapala, Mexico
“Emiliano Restaurant Review My Birthday Dinner Feb 22, 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Emiliano Restaurant Review My Birthday Dinner Feb 22, 2012

We were picked up by our friends Greg & Libby at Velas Vallarta where we were staying. We then drove over to Casa Velas. The scrolled iron gates at the guard tower were closed and so the guard asked our name and we gave our reservation. A big welcome and into the long driveway we went. Pulling up to the front doors we were greeted by the bellboys and Jesus the chief concierge. For our friends a glimpse into the place I love to stay at and for me a homey feeling of being at home in the lobby.

We were escorted by Jesus to Emiliano, we walked down the cascading stairs in levels, first thru lobby, then onto terrace, then past the Koi ponds to Restaurant. ( There is another way into Restaurant from lobby level and also a ramp on other side in case of handicap, along with a back walkway ground level to restaurant, etc. ) Greeted with smiles by the hostess and then escorted to our table outdoors and again a feeling of home sweet home for me, as Bernadino ( the head waiter) welcomed us back. We were then introduced to Victor who was to be our own waiter for the night, how very special. Greg being a wine drinker picked our wine and we ordered pre-dinner drinks. The ambiance was great. As usual, tranquil, peaceful, quiet with lanterns and candlelight, low music, and the sounds of romance in the air. We spent some time just chatting and enjoying conversation and such with our friends.

When we finally ordered , how funny but we all ordered the same main dish, Duck Medallions. A good choice, I knew as had many times before. The service was good with unobtrusive attention…one course after another…we all enjoyed our duck immensely. Now for the dessert, for me has to be Paris Delight…and the others an array of goodies.

Shortly after ordering, from up behind me came some brighter light and the sound of a familiar song…”Happy Birthday to you”…..Oh my the waiters were singing to me and carrying plate with candles. Written in chocolate was Happy Birthday and a wonderful looking piece, huge of cake or such, chocolate with candles…I made a wish and blew out the candle. We all shared that dessert which was just luscious. Very rich. Then followed our other desserts. We were all stuffed and had an incredible evening. We arrived at 7pm and left about 11pm. A fun, pleasant, special get together was spent by the four of us at my favorite restaurant in PV.

We asked our friends what they thought of our special place and they said it was an A plus and they would have no hesitation in recommending it to others. They felt it was one of the best total package places around. The total package, includes, food, drinks, service and ambiance, and Emiliano’s has it all. I was so happy they enjoyed it as I just love sharing places that are unique, special and a great experience overall.

Emiliano’s is located in the resort or boutique hotel of Casa Velas and the public can dine there with previous reservations and adults only. It has an International menu, from soup to nuts. When we made our reservations they offered to cook anything special not on menu I wished, but I wanted my friends to experience it as anyone off the street would. Plus we just love all the items on the menu there.

So once again, I am a year older and spent my birthday just as I wished and where I wished. With my very special friends Greg and Libby in PV and at my very special place Casa Velas Emiliano Restaurant., with my ever so wonderful husband Mike, my knight in shining armor. My Birthday could not have been any better, it was perfect.
I wish to thank my husband Mike for being there and showing me so many wonderful times. Our friends for spending the last 2 of my Birthdays with us and also for being there always. Jesus the head concierge for making it all fall into place perfectly. Bernadino and Victor the waiters for making it so wonderful. The Chef for the great food. Mr Bonin the managing Director who made sure we had a special table and that I was treated as Royalty as usual. A thank you to all the staff behind the scenes as well who made this all go like I celebrate my birthday everyday at Emiliano Restaurant. No doubt in my mind this continues to be my number one restaurant in PV. As I have stated before where EVERYONE is treated special.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, Alabama
“Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

The food was absolutely incredible and the staff was extremely friendly and professional at he same time

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Highland Park, Illinois
“delights from one meal to the next”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Each meal was unique both from a flavor and presentation value to the excellent service that was provided by the staff.

Visited February 2012
Naperville, Illinois
“Better than before”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed at this resort 3 years ago and thought the restaurant was enjoyable. Return last week and was surprised by the new exciting menu. We especially loved the variety of blended fresh fruit juices for breakfast. Had duck one night which was wonderful and also many seafood dishes. The night they had steaks on the grill was different but order yours more done than usual. I ordered mine medium rare and it was almost raw. My husband ordered his medium and it was rare. Still very good though. Their soups are also amazing.

Visited February 2012
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Outstanding Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Off the beaten path, the food and service at this small restaurant located in a boutique hotel is great.

Visited March 2011