“Has Energy!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #215 of 671 restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: La Bodeguita del Medio was founded in Cuba in the 1940s as a corner store owned by Angel Martinez. The store became a meeting place for local artists who enjoyed getting together for an afternoon 'Mojito'. The place has preserved the ambiance of the romantic Carribean lifestyle that flourished with Havana. Today the Bodeguita del Medio is famous world wide for Salsa music, fine cigars, its original Mojitos and having guests write their thoughts and comments on the walls of the restaurant.
White Rock, BC
“Has Energy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed so close to La Bodeguita that we typically stopped off here on our way home at night. I can't comment on the food as we typically had drinks and danced. For those Salsa Dancers among us, La Bodeguita is not to be missed - amazing dancers and music. For those non-dancers, like us, well, we just tried to fit in and enjoy the energy that this place puts off.

Visited December 2012

81% Recommend
Bend, Oregon
“Simply awful food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Maybe it should be expected that on the tourist trap Malicon there are places that are over-hyped, but that actually serve bad food. I mean REALLY bad food. I guess every business has an off day, and this must have been one for La Bodeguita del Medio. How else could you explain the mediocre service and terrible food? My wife did have a nice mojito that was very well made. The reason we went, though, was for the food, which was just awful. I had the chicken house specialty and actually laughed when I took my first bite of the impossibly over cooked chicken. I didn't even know you could get chicken that dry. My son's flank steak was the same-dry as a bone. How do you screw up flank steak? If you order fish tacos be prepared for a huge let down, and be sure to order a side dish. They were tiny and uninteresting. The decor is cool, and it was fun reading all the names of people who have come before us. I wonder if their food was as poorly cooked as ours. Pass on this place. It's a waste of time and money.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fallbrook, California
“Great Food, Music & Mojitos!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was Cuban Restaurant was to recommended by a friend. We were very impressed with the price, quality food, service and music. They offer some great specials. We got the window seat to do some people watching as well. Very impressed with the whole experience. We ended up in the restaurants boutique to by a few souvenirs.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“My favorite restaurant in PV”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I love this place! The food is good, the Mojitos are the best I've ever had, and the service is excellent. My wife and I come here at least once on every visit to PV. We love sitting upstairs with a view of the ocean! I had my first Mojito here in 2003, they make them just right.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great change from Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

After being in Puerto Vallarta for a week, we wanted something a little different for dinner. This is exactly what we were looking for. Beautiful view and great Cuban food.

Visited March 2013