“Unforgettable Experience & Wonderful Ocean view” 5 of 5 stars

You added Casa Panoramica to your Saves list
Casa Panoramica
599 Carretera a Barra de Navidad, Puerto Vallarta 48380, Mexico   |
Vancouver, Canada
“Unforgettable Experience & Wonderful Ocean view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My parents and I had a wonderful stay at Casa Panoramica for 2 week from Nov.4- Nov.17. When I was checking room information via email with owner Christine, the room that I inquired was only available for the 1st week and she generously offered the 2 bedroom apt. to us for the same rate!! (and upon arrival manager Eric offered us the the 2 bedroom apt.for the entire trip length so we didn't need to move rooms agin. Wow!) How could I say no to this offer? This is our first family trip and first time to Mexico and I was a bit concerned of staying in the same room with them so this upgrade made our time much more enjoyable.

Our apt. located on the top floor facing the ocean.We were so excited so watch sunrise and sunset every day!! It also comes with a HUGE terrace with beach chairs that we enjoyed everyday. This offered much privacy I must say. Great for family or bigger groups. The apt. also comes with a full-size kitchen,with everything we needed. During the trip, my parents missed Chinese food they used to eat everyday, so we bought groceries and cooked meals and their stomachs were happy again.

Manager Eric was just wonderful. He is so easy to talk to and would give you tips whenever you have questions. He prepared breakfast every morning for us (now I miss the Guava juice so much!) and he would go to different pastries everyday which were all very delicious, even my dad (being Chinese and a picky eater) loved them!! Eric was so thoughtful , one time, he even prepared the kind that my dad liked in the morning just because I mentioned randomly!! Eric also cooked breakfast for a couple of times for us which were very yummy!!!

Casa Panoramica is surrounded by tropical greens and has very elegant decor. It's located right by the highway but with the soundproofing windows, I never heard any noises, even during the day on the terrace. Only 5 mins walk to the old town, very convenient to everything! The rooms were always clean and quiet. The beds are very comfortable, even my dad slept very well too ( he couldn't sleep well in any other bed that's not his own) I also used the pool couple of times, just to myself.

At the end of our stay, Eric invited me to watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show with him and another 2 gusts. I must say, the show was much more than what I expected and it was so entertaining!!! (I have never seen the movie and still loved it!) I would love to watch it again. Make sure to ask Eric to take you there! :)

We would definitely go back again! My parents still talk about how much they missed the time there nowadays! Thank you Eric, and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We loved our stay at Casa Panoramica! We stayed at this Bed & Breakfast for 4 nights in November 2012 and we couldn't ask for a better option. Eric is a great host and answered any question we had. He really made us feel comfortable during our stay. Maria was also really nice and made sure our room and linens were kept clean and tidy. The Canopy Room we stayed in was beautiful and had a good view (they were building a high rise though). Having a pool onsite was great! We made use of it everyday!

The location is great - a few blocks from the beach and a few more blocks away from the malecon. The design of the house really flows and since we were the only guests during our stay, it felt like we had the freedom to wander about the property when ever we wanted to (not that you couldn't do that when other guests are here - but we didn't have to worry about turning up the music or waking people up in the morning).

I would say the location is the charm but also has its drawbacks. Like I mentioned it's close enough to the beach but it is located up the hill so it's just a little bit of a huff to get up there. This place is definitely not ADA-accessible, so it wouldn't be a good choice for someone with limited mobility, knee or hip problems. We were thinking of bringing our parents and family the next time we came to PV since you can actually rent out the entire place.

Breakfast was simple, usually a selection of pan dulce/pastries, coffee, and juice. I would say breakfast could be improved by adding a selection of fruit, yogurt, etc.

Bottom line: great place with charm! Would we stay there again? YES!

Room Tip: The Canopy Room was great, I believe it has the biggest and most updated bathroom (but we couldn'...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed 7 nights and loved every minute. Eric is the best host ever. He is a natural in creating a welcoming and nurturing environment. The casa has old world charm Mexican style in an enchanting city that is paradise. The room was lovely with comfy beds. Very enjoyable stay at Casa Panoramica.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Casa panoramica is a welcoming and thoughtfully decorated Bed & Breakfast that is spacious and airy, even in the middle of August. Eric is a treasure who made our couple of days to a wonderful beginning of our vacation. He has a bright energy and just the right touch all around. He has this wonderful capability that makes you feel right at home from the get-go and enables you to enjoy your vacation immediately. He forsaw our needs, gave us great tips on where to go (Collins Bakery does make the best pan dulce), & left us plenty of space to enjoy this wonderful gem.

My teenage kids enjoyed the laptop provided for the guests (because one is not enough for a family of 4 :)), and we all loved the iguanas living around the surrounding trees, sometimes easier to spot than other other times, the refreshing pool, and of course the views!!! Especially when we had lightning at night.

The Casa is kept immaculate. Everything is done to make your stay comfortable. Linens, towels are of great quality and no short-cuts are taken anywhere. The kitchen is available to the guest, which made it easy to accommodate everyone in my family.

It is a wonderfully cared for place with people who care about the service they provide to their guests. I wish all B&B's had this atmosphere, comfort and cleanliness. - Claudia

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed at Casa Panoramica for 3 days after our busy destination wedding in PVR. This was definitely a welcomed escape from the hustle and bustle of the larger resort types. We were greeted by Eric once the taxi pulled up, and were surprised to find out we had the whole house to ourselves! We stayed in the Canopy suite and enjoyed every second. The sunset from the balcony is absolutely amazing. Eric was an amazing host, and even cooked us Chilaquiles that were delicious. The location is perfect for walking downtown PVR. The house is kept up immaculately. If there is one drawback, the house sits on a busy road--can be a little loud if you are looking to relax and sleep. The pool was small but perfect! Look forward to going back and staying here again!!!

Room Tip: They are all amazing!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Spent a glorious 7 nights in the Casa...Eric was an amazing host..he makes the best Chilli Queles (not sure of spelling) just ask him to explain. The house is immaculate and very well maintained. The pool was a refreshing end to a great day. The balconies.overlook Old PV which are Breathtaking for sunsets and to awake up to. We completely recommend this B&B for families,groups, parties and couples wanting a get away from it all..A wedding would be spectacular.We thank the staff they were so helpful with suggestions for meals and places to go and best of all how to get there.

Room Tip: The Canopy room was our favorite. Although next time we will have to stay in the 2nd floor suite wit...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

In Nov 2011 I stayed at Casa Panoramica for two weeks and it was WONDERFUL. This was my first trip to Mexico and I would not hesitate to go back to PV and this particular Casa again. It is in a very good location. We stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment that provides a view of Banderas Bay that is a feast for your eyes. The patio is very spacious and is a nice place to have some of your meals, catch the morning sunrise and the evening sunset. Add your favourite beverage, coffee, tea or a glass of wine, and it is bliss! Both beds are very comfortable and the rooms quiet. After catching some sun on the patio, the pool was a very welcome sight. Sherri and Don are friendly and fabulous hosts and will reserve tours and provide any information that you may request. Take some time and get to know them. Maria comes in a few times a week and does a Great job with cleaning, tidying up and laundry. She has a beautiful smile. Our taste buds were never disappointed by any restaurant that Sherri suggested. If you arrive in the evening, walk to La Palapa and have your first superb supper at a table on the beach, for it is quite a treat. Also Cafe des Artistes and Vista Grill are two other places to please your taste buds. I miss the staircase at Pulpito Street. It provided some really good excercise as did the walk along the Malecon and the walk up to the 2 bedroom apartment. When you visit ask about the Achitect who built Casa Panoramica and the history of the building...very interesting. By the way, we took a bus to Wal Mart to buy some groceries and wine for the two weeks and took a taxi back. It worked well.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Casa Panoramica? Share your experiences!