“The Inn at Mazatlan” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Mazatlan

Save Saved
You added The Inn at Mazatlan to your Saves list
The Inn at Mazatlan
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6291 Avenida Camaron Sabalo | Zona Dorada, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Ranked #4 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Mesa, Arizona
“The Inn at Mazatlan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We recently spent a wonderful 3 weeks at our "home away from home"& have done so for almost 20 years, often twice a year.
How fortunate we are to have such a friendly & cooperative staff of doormen, waiters,housekeepers,maintenance men & gardeners, many of whom we have known for our 20 years.In particular we'd like to mention our beautiful Teresa, she of the infectious laugh& friend to all,our efficient & personable food & beverage manager Yaid, & our office manager, the always helpful Maria.
There are always things one could criticize at any resort, but The Inn attempts to address most problems as soon as possible. We highly recommend this resort.
Bob & Joan

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
THEINNATMAZATLAN, Director de Recepción at The Inn at Mazatlan, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Bob & Joan

I must agree with you by referring to the Inn as your home away from home, specially if you have made this a traditional journey to visit your family (our friendly staff), that would do their best to make you feel welcome year after year. I am sure that Teresa, María, Yaid, and the rest of our team thank you for recognizing their efforts & will continue doing it for all our dear guests & owners; please be sure that I will pass your beautiful message to all our team members.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Fantastic Resort on the best part of Mazatlan. Good food, rooms and wonderful people. The restaurant is delicious. We love their buffet and their papaya for breakfast. Great happy hour, twice a day. The people that work there are amazing

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
THEINNATMAZATLAN, Director General at The Inn at Mazatlan, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Travelbug

I only wish to have a real name to thank you properly, since your kind comments speak for yourself already; on behalf of our entire staff I truly appreciate taking the time to recognize our efforts to improve the quality of the services provided at The Inn & the passion delivered by everyone of our team members to please our dear guests & owners.

Bellingham, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

My mother bought a timeshare at the Inn when I was a young woman, and I've been coming here for years. Now I bring my grandchildren here. I've also tried other hotels in the area over the years, and believe me, the Inn is, hands-down, the BEST resort in the Golden Zone. It's small enough that you feel special and noticed - and large enough to have all the amenities you could wish for - lovely grounds and pools, perfect gentle beach, and rooms that are exceptional - clean, classy, well-cared-for, with gorgeous views, great kitchens, quiet A/C. There are activities every day for all ages, an exceptional on-site restaurant (Papagayos) and bar, gym, spa, and business center. The Inn's position on the beach assures perfect sunsets (no islands in the way), and it's central to other restaurants and all the beach activities. You can see fireworks and release baby turtles and take off horseback-riding or parasailing from the Inn's beach front. The kids paint and boogie board, and the older folks read, and play bridge under the awnings. The golf course and Marina are nearby. Clapping for the sunsets while sitting on the Inn's deck with a Happy-hour Margarita is a time-honored tradition with guests. (No, I don't work there- I just love it all.)

But it's the Staff who truly make the Inn SPECAL. The folks who work there have always been smiling, gracious, and skilled -I've never seen a grumpy face EVER - and they put their hearts into making you feel like royalty. They learn your name, and are alert and responsive to you from the moment you enter their front doors.

I've been around the world and all over Mexico, and the Inn is my favorite place. It feels like a very very special "home". I highly recommend it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
THEINNATMAZATLAN, Director General at The Inn at Mazatlan, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear AngPol

I have not enough words to thank you for sharing such a beautiful description of our resort and the amenities that can be enjoyed by everyone in our little piece of paradise, it’s very satisfying to know that this place has become your second home over the years and the tradition continues for you & your beloved ones; the location of The Inn is very convenient for all our visitors since it is nested right in the heart of the Golden zone in Mazatlán, and not to mention the beautiful sunsets shared with a Margarita that can be enjoyed everyday; but we know that our main asset is our great team that creates the magic for our dear guests & owners, it will be a priviledge to share your nice words with them in order to keep up the real spirit of our resort; once again thank you for taking the time to write these words and remember that your home in México awaits for you anytime.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I am part of a fairly large group of both owners and visitors to the Inn at Mazatlan. I have been traveling to the Inn for approximately 10 years. As I am not an owner, I usually stay in one of the older buildings.n The rooms are spacious and cleaned well.
I am thrilled with the new beds ! (YAY!!)
The air conditioning worked well in our building and we never had any issues with housekeeping.
The gym, while small, is adequate.
The food is always good, albeit, slow service depending on the time of day.
Breakfast can be painfully slow.
As i did not go with the group in 2012, i was surprised at the lack of service this year. We've usually rarely experienced any service issues, however, this year was simply stated, not usual.
Two days, while at the pool, we had continual problems with a server, from incorrect bills, incorrect orders and often, no order at all. I waited over an hour and a half for my request of rice and beans :(
Two times, Juan stepped in and made things right. (YAY!!!)
Juan and Edwin were both spot on, helpful, quick, correct and attentive.
Luis - as always, amazing.
Rafael - at the front door / lobby, so eager to make sure our group had everything arranged correctly and that we were safe. He truly is a treasure and his customer service skills are stellar with dining reservations, transportation, anything you need.
Two of the people we were with are owners and were in the tower. They had to move rooms once due to no air conditioning, and then in the second room, a day later, no air conditioning yet again.
3 days, the pool did not open until 10am as it was being 'cleaned'.
The lounge chairs at the pool are in desparate need of replacement
Overall, the staff is what makes this place so good. That being said, it appears, with the exception of a few, the service has declined.
And again, while the grounds are clean, there are some issues that should be addressed.
I sincerely hope the Inn can bring back the level of customer service I have seen over the last ten years.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
THEINNATMAZATLAN, Director General at The Inn at Mazatlan, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear JFishe

It seems like you have made your to trip to the Inn an annual tradition already, and our staff takes good care of your needs although you are not an owner and that is part what it makes our place so special to our beloved guests & owners; we truly appreciate that you share all your thoughts about your recent stay; our staff does its best to please your request, however we are in continuous training to provide a better service; technical & mechanical issues are part of our daily challenges to maintain a smooth control over our equipment & facilities; again we are thankful for taking the time to give us such a complete feedback.

McCall, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were invited by friends to join them at the Inn at Mazatlan for two weeks. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Rooms were clean and well appointed with a locking safe and a well equipped kitchen. Beds comfortable, towels abundant and replaced daily if needed, Views from the balcony of the pools, grounds and ocean were fantastic. We were in the tower, 11th floor. Staff was very helpful and gracious. Dago, at the concierge desk was very attentive. Didn't just sit, but moved around the lobby, greeting and making sure all was well with the guests. Doormen, especially Manuel and Rafael were so accommodating. All of the restaurant staff were charming and very professional. All spoke English, but it was fun to learn Spanish and they loved to help. The pool and grounds were carefully cleaned each morning and the beach area was easily accessible with a clean, sandy swimming beach. Beach vendors were there, but not pushy. We were kept busy during our stay with our choice of kayak and sailing rentals, a fishing charter and carefully chosen tours (check with the hotel staff). Nearby restaurants offered a range of prices and quality.

Wish the internet was reliable and available in each room, instead of sporadically in the lobby, but even as we watched, wifi was being installed on each floor.

There were some crowded days and some quiet days, depending on how many nationals were staying, with families. All well behaved and not a problem, but you might want to ask advice and choose your time of year accordingly.

Room Tip: Above the 9th floor in the tower for a marvelous view of the grounds, pools, ocean and coast in eith...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
THEINNATMAZATLAN, Director General at The Inn at Mazatlan, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Mary K

We are truly delighted that we fulfilled your expectations at the resort, and that you were able to enjoy most of our services especially designed to delight our beloved guests & visitors, it is real a pleasure to have the recognition for the friendly & hospitable service delivered by our staff, we will pass along your kind comments to all our team members and at this point you can call them family; it will be very satisfying to serve you again on your next visit to Mazatlán.

Best Regards

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

If you are looking for a mid-priced hotel on the beach in Mazatlan, this is a really great option. The hotel is old, but has been renovated and looks great. Its clean, and the room I stayed in (hotel room with 2 double beds) was perfect. The only drawback is no safe inside the room. Otherwise everything worked... the TV was new... Beddings were easy to sleep on... no bad smells, and the maid service was excellent.

The location is good. Its only a 25 minute walk to the Malecon, and the beach is easy to walk on. The only issue I had with the INN was the fact that at 9am, there was not 1 single chair available around the pool! All the chairs were occupied by towels. This is a common problem at all the resorts, as people get up early to "save their spot".

Overall, this is a very good place to stay. I will stay there again, but normally I travel in off-season because I don't like crowds. I think the hotel has too many rooms, and not enough space to put everybody around the pools...

Room Tip: There are a few different buildings, but all the rooms face the ocean. I would ask for a room on the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
THEINNATMAZATLAN, Director General at The Inn at Mazatlan, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Craig

It is very pleasant to hear that your experience at The Inn was positive and that you found our Resort very convenient, we have been updating part of the equipment in order to satisfy our guest demands; the resort is nicely located in the heart of the golden zone. The pool areas become quite busy since early morning in these days, however we will reinforce our internal rules to avoid an inconvenience to anyone else; again thank you for staying with us & we hope to host you again on your next visit to Mazatlán.

Best regards,

Redwood City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I am a timeshare owner who has been coming to the Inn at Mazatlan for over 27 years. I have enjoyed this year as the staff was very helpful and appears to really enjoy their work. The staff want so accommodate your requests. Since I was staying for 2 weeks I didn't want to change rooms during my stay and they were able to make that happen. The front desk Monica was always smiling and so very helpful. I want to point out the staff has been there consistently, Manuel in the front door, Al the Bartender and Rosa my maid for more than 15 years. It's on the beach and the sunsets are not to be missed.

Room Tip: All rooms have a ocean view. I like staying on the bottom floor of the hotel near the pool. They a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
THEINNATMAZATLAN, Director General at The Inn at Mazatlan, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Ms. Snell

Everyone at the Inn appreciate these kind comments regarding your recent stay at our resort; it is such a blessing to be able to pamper our beloved guests and owners that keep coming back to their second home in México year after year, I will pass your nice words with our staff. Remember that paradise awaits for you in Mazatlán.

Best regards.

Managing Director

Been to The Inn at Mazatlan? Share your experiences!