Stayed at the Inn at Mazatlan for a week, 2-9 September. Facilities are still in relatively good shape, service is better than most. Location is central to the Zona Dorada although that area is now becoming increasingly vacant....many, many empty storefronts, particularly in the area around Avenida Playas Gaviotas. The fitness center is small but functional. The hotel restaurant is located right on the beach, fantastic view, very good food at reasonable prices for a hotel restaurant. Pool area is nice and is adjacent to the beach.
The hotel charges 84 pesos/day for in room WiFi but the internet service provided by the hotel is unreliable as the server is repeatedly and frustratingly non-responsive. Internet tip: you can pick up a strong internet signal from the Hotel Costa de Oro, right next door. Unlike the internet at Inn at Mazatlan, it's very reliable and the Costa de Oro will sell you 24 hour access to their internet for 25 pesos/day. So don't bother with the hassle of Inn at Mazatlan's internet - use the Costa de Oro's instead.
The hotel has several English language TV stations that are delivered via the DISH network; unfortunately, the signal is unreliable at the hotel and is frequently unavailable. (Tip: several sports bars also have the signal and theirs IS available...it's NFL season ;-)
Pulmonias (open air taxis) are fun but you're paying more than you need to if you take them everywhere; the green Centro/Sabalo bus goes up and down the Zona Dorada and all the way to central Mazatlan for just 10 pesos.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Mazatlan Hotel Mazatlan
- The Inn At Mazatlan Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a beautiful beach of the Mexican Rivera, overlooking the Sea of Cortez, The Inn at Mazatlan offers a relaxed and elegant atmosphere. Whether you are here on vacation, a romantic honeymoon, or attending a convention, take advantage of the tranquility, wonderful dining, exciting beach and ocean adventures. Just relax and enjoy warm golden sunsets and miles of pristine beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Otel, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Inn at Mazatlan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.