“Dec 1-4 Long Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Mazatlan

Save Saved
You added The Inn at Mazatlan to your Saves list
The Inn at Mazatlan
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6291 Avenida Camaron Sabalo | Zona Dorada, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Ranked #4 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Dallas, Texas
“Dec 1-4 Long Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I returned to Mazatlan to enjoy a long weekend with friends and was delighted to see this delightful property under new management. The friendliness of the staff and the attention to my needs was very apparent. My room was fresh and clean with everything in good working order and my room attendant kept me supplied with fresh towels and amenities without having to ask. Breakfast was always a treat with made to order speciaties, fresh fruit, excellent coffee and attentive service! The view from my room - actually a suite (804) was inviting and would be my choice on another visit. The governor of the state was in the hotel and the mayor of the city joined him for breakfast. It was nice that both greeted guests and asked how they were enjoying there stay. I was pleased to tell him that I was having a great time and that it was nice to see the streets in Mazatlan so clean. I look forward to returning - only two hours from Dallas on American Airlines!

Room Tip: Call the hotel and tell them what you need in terms of accomodations and let them know if it is a ho...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

After 9 stays, this will be our last. Stayed in room 1006 (new tower) and lost all water pressure twice. Elevators were on the fritz the whole time with a complete failure of all 3 on the third night....the hike to the 10th floor was great. Both hot tubs were chilly and the staff simply replied with "sorry". The door staff and wait staff at the Papagayo and pool are very friendly, just make sure you get one who actually stays on top of it. 2 waiters in particular were horribly inept, constantly forgetting items with breakfast or dinner, disappearing for 15-20 minutes at a time, and not once did my eggs arrive even warm.

I hate to talk bad about a place I have loved coming to over the years, but it NEEDS a revamp in a few areas.

Oh, and don't bother paying the 7 bucks a day for the internet as my room and a handful of guests I spoke with had weak to no signal in-room. Go across the street the Riccos Coffee if you need to stay wired.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Palm Coast, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Facility is getting tired looking, needs to be better maintained. Our visit, (last of three) only cold water in shower for two days, Refrigerator too cold, froze everything, Ceiling fan in bedroom very dirty, and TV very bad picture for 3 days. Our room 1107 Inca building was very noisy, hot tubs were out of order for the week, south pool was very cold, north pool OK, but kind of warm. Worst problem was internet, very poor connection wireless was more like a bad dialup connection, plus it was very expensive. I really need Internet for my business, I heard from friends that stayed there a couple of weeks ago and they told me about the poor internet. The friends said they were not going back to the Inn anymore. I emailed The Inn at Mazatlan 2 weeks prior to travel and was assured that the internet was good with a strong signal throughout the hotel. Of course that was not true. The staff at The Inn is the greatest, but they can’t make up for poor ownership and management. When I praise the staff, I am not talking about the Time Share Sales staff. All of the time share sales all over Mazatlan, in the streets, hotels and restaurants make it impossible to have a relaxing time in Mazatlan. We pretty much had to stay in the Inn and at Mary’s Restaurant and Ice Cream across the street that will not allow timeshare sales people to bother people on her property. Plus Mary provides free wireless internet which really saved me from cutting my vacation short and coming home. Thanks Mary.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
THEINNATMAZATLAN, Gerente at The Inn at Mazatlan, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Logan:
First of all I do want to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay.
With regards to the quality of our TV picture we did have a lightning storm that knocked out our modulating equipment and due to its make and model we had to order it from the US which finally did arrive and are in the process of installing it.
The internet issues you mentioned are also disturbing as I made sure that your room was looked at before your arrival as our Reservations Manager mentioned your email regarding your anticipation of a lack of connectivity. Moreover, our Systems Manager did check 1107 to ensure that had you chosen to purchase our internet services these services would indeed be fault free.
For your information, since my arrival at the Resort which was in September of this year I noticed that the unit I stayed in, that the bedroom was not covered effectively by our wireless signal so new antennas and routers have been proposed and will be added. As you may have noticed in Mexico the use of dry wall for interiors is not normally used as in the US and more so ( in Mexico ) in older buildings. So, although connectivity is fine in our living rooms and rooms in front it is a bit challenging due to the our walls which are in some cases 5- 6 inches in width and are made of brick and concrete.
For your information, and I am saddened that you were not advised that our restaurant, The Papagayo Restaurant has free Wi-Fi, which may saved you from going to Rico’s or Mary’s. Moreover, this free service is noticeable on the window of the Restaurant.

With regards to the pools I do not have any reports or complaints as both heaters were working. Nevertheless, I have spoken with our maintenance staff regarding a much closer hands on approach to ensure that the temperatures are not extreme and comfortable. Thank you for mentioning this as it is an important service and a basic one that should be well attended to.

As far as age is concerned, The Inn has aged as with any establishment but the new administration that was put in place by our ownership has given my team the authority that over the next 3 years to look at replacing some of our FF&E and that is being prioritized.
I am also taking the liberty of copying our Director of Vacation Ownership Sales so that we can be more vigilant of the Sales Teams interaction with our guests.
Again, my apologies and I do very much thank you for your kind words regarding our service.
I certainly hope that we may again welcome you in the future.

Yours truly,

Alberto Andrade
San Leandro, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I stay at the Inn once a year. The best part is the staff, most of whom have worked at the Inn for years. Papagayos restaurant is very good and comfortable and near the ocean. The beach is good and accessible. The rooms are generally quite clean and comfortable. They only real negative is internet access. It costs $40 per week and is much too slow. Many of us have jobs and need reliable, fast internet. . They do have a business office where you can pay by the hour, but it is not always open. The saving grace is that across the street is Rico's, where you can get free internet with wonderful coffee and pastries. It's not the convenience of internet from your room, but it's good and the staff doesn't hassle you.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Heat and humidity we expected. A quiet hotel,in Mazatlan was also expected. We stayed at the Inn at Mazatlan August 21-27, 2011 -- a trip planned to meet the parents and brother and sister of our Mexican student who stayed with us as she earned her degree at our local University. We had a terrific visit with her family -- with her mom cooking most of he meals in their suite. (fantastic home made, authentic Mexican meals!)
We were first checked into the seperate building, in a comfortable ocan view room -- and would have been fine throughout. However, the hotel was so quiet we were the only ones in that building, and so were moved to the main tower and into a junior suite (for the same price). Excellent! This room was large and very comfortable, with a kitchen and a living area and a bedroom area. We had superb service from our maid -- thank you!
We ate at the hotel restaurant a couple of times, and enjoyed the food. Our student Lucia had her birthday whiile there -- so the restaurant prepared a special, excellent meal.
The real bonus -- it was so quiet all week that it was like we had a virtually private pool for our group of seven -- with only a few others around. I enjoyed walking the beach and splashing in the waves out front as well. The grounds and pool are were very well kept -- and we took advantage of the happy hour at the pool a number of times.
Overall, a terrific stay -- and we would not hesitate to return to the Inn.

Room Tip: Pick the tower -- our room was great and the view superb.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Sunnyvale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Stayed here, last week of Aug. Knew it was rainy season, and were rewarded with some spectacular lightning and rain shows, from balcony. Room was clean, daily maid service.
We actually live in Maz.(condo), however decided to stay at Inn at Mazatlan, since our condo was rented. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, food good , service excellent. Staff was helpfull...
Will be back....

Room Tip: 10th floor, awesome ocean views, and same for sunsets. 3 elevators.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Bothell, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

My husband and I were so impressed with our wedding at The Inn. I had cooresponded with Maria Elena, the planner, for 2 years. She was always so good about getting back to me with any questions or information I asked. When we arrived at The Inn to figure out the final details, we had a blast! Maria Elena was so organized and had taken care of so much that we ended up having a really good time. We had fun picking out the cake, ended up being delicious!
Then when the big day arrived, she had arrainged for someone to come to the suite to do my hair along with my bridesmaids, we were all happy with the results. Once it was time for the ceremony, she was really good about keeping everyone organized and informed on what they were supposed to do. The ceremony went off with out a hitch.
The reception was gorgeous! The decorations were beautiful! The food was delicious! The music was great! We had the string quartet for the ceremony, marima band for cocktail hour and DJ for the party after, it was wonderful!
The fireworks display was pretty awesome too!
If you are looking for a place to get married, this is where I would recommend for sure!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
THEINNATMAZATLAN, Director of Sales at The Inn at Mazatlan, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
The Inn At Mazatlan and its staff would like you thank you for choosing to stay with us and for giving us the opportunity of being your hosts in such an important event as your wedding.

We are glad to know that we do have that special place for this type of events and we look forward to seeing you coming back and bringing back the special memories that your wedding has left.

Been to The Inn at Mazatlan? Share your experiences!