Well, first time we've ever been to Mazatlan for Holy Week, and we won't do it again! Crazy crazy busy with young ones partying on the beach. Local families flock to Mazatlan for Holy Week and all hotels are filled to capacity. Hard to find room at the pool at the Mayan as they allow people to put down towels at 7:00 in the morning to reserve for the day - sometimes the people don't show up until after supper becasue they've been at the ocean for the day! And, can't get a chair on the beach as the grandmas and grandpas are there before 7:00 am reserving every single chair (and there are over 100)! So unfair.
Food is mediocre at best, and pricey because there really is no competition close by. First room we stayed in was not nice. Overtop the laundry and parking lot. I did not feel safe in this room, and I ALWAYS feel safe in Mazatlan! Had problems with the safe, the coffee maker, the room keys, the towel card keys. After 2 days they did move us to a palatial room on the 12th floor. Thank you!
Staff were all wonderful. I did have issues with a 15% tip being added on automatically, when we ordered food while around the pool. I didn't like that. We always tip well, but I resent it being added onto the bill.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Sea Garden Mazatlan Hotel
- Mayan Sea Garden Mazatlan Hotel Mazatlan
- Mayan Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Mayan Sea Garden
- Sea Garden Mazatlan
- Mayan Sea Garden
- Mayan Sea Garden Hotel Mazatlan
- Mayan Palace Mazatlan
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Mayan Sea Garden Mazatlan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.