“Relax and Enjoy” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mazatlan
Mama Mia's Casa Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Mama Mia's Casa Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
5219 Calle de la Ostra | Sabalo Country Club, Mazatlan 82100, Mexico   |
Ranked #21 of 37 Mazatlan B&B and Inns
“Relax and Enjoy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2006

Mama Mia's was just what we needed to be able to enjoy our vacation. With the stress of international travel, the language barrier (if you don't speak Spanish), and the uncertainty of internet bookings, we just had to take a sigh of relief when we arrived at the gates of Mama Mia's Casa. The house is immaculate and well laid out for privacy. Absolutely beautiful. The photos cannot do the house and grounds justice. AND YOU MUST NOT OVERLOOK THE OUTSTANDING CUISINE! I MEAN WOW! And in the afternoon . . . The back yard and pool is a famous place to take a siesta! Then . . . take Penny's advice on where to go to enjoy the best food and fun in the Mazatlan night. Listen to Penny and you will learn how to really enjoy your visit to Mazatlan. Save a hunk of watermelon for Poncho. Besides Penny, he will be the highlight of your stay. Next time we are in Mazatlan, this is where we will stay. Muey Bien.

Stayed March 2005

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
Houston, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2005

If your travels should take you to Mazatlan I recommend staying at Mama Mia's Casa. It's a bed and breakfast owned by expat American Penny Massey. She is warm and friendly and knows the local scene very well and can point out many good places to eat and things to see. Her home is lovely and spacious and the pool area in the backyard provides a nice refuge from the city if you get tired of the beach or all the folks trying to sell you something on every street corner. Which brings me unfortunately to the next part of this review. Unless I wanted to go deep sea fishing for marlin or sail fish I don't think I would return to Mazatlan. I have traveled a lot throughout Mexico and while I'm aware that everyone is just trying to make a buck I've never felt more taken advantage of as far as the prices of things go. All food, items in the shops, drinks, etc. were overpriced and we had to haggle a lot. Also, timeshares are big business in Mazatlan and people will try to hoodwink you into their presentations if they can. After a little road trip to some of the surrounding towns/villages we stayed one night at Playa Bonita (gold zone) upon are return to Mazatlan. We were told that the room was discounted because of their ongoing construction. For the inconvenience we could have access to a breakfast buffett and pool/beach areas at their sister property in the morning. Needless to say a van arrives to pick us up in the morning and once we're at the sister property we find out it is a timeshare condo property. We got a cab back and left immediately and went back to stay at Mama Mia's for another three days.

That is why I began this review with...if your travels find you in Mazatlan. I can't say enough nice things about Mama Mia's Casa, so if your want to check out Mazatlan for yourself, stay with Mrs. Penny Massey. A link to her website can be found off of the website of the local English paper, The Pacific Pearl, at -----.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2004

We can't say enough good things about our stay in Mazatlan at Penny's Bed and Breakfast. She is the perfect hostess. It was just like being at home. The privacy of her pool was a great option if we didn't feel like going to the ocean. It was so easy to get around Mazatlan from her place. Hopefully we'll be back again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2004

We really enjoyed our visit to Mama Mia's Casa. The house is lovely, the back yard so relaxing and pretty. The pool is just wonderful and the food was out of this world. We highly recommend this as a must stay B&B in Mazatlan. Penny, the owner, is so helpful and it's in a great location.. Penny speaks both Spanish and English fluently and can take you anywhere or tell you good places to see and eat at. It is just wonderful.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2004

Just returned from my third trip to Mazatlan. This was my first time in a B&B, and am I ever turned on! What a fantastic experience! The owner is well versed in running a B&B, and sure made us feel so special. We really were pampered. I will return to Mazatlan, and will most certainly return to Mama Mia's Casa for more pampering, and more peace and quiet, and great food!

Syracuse, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2004

It was such a treat to stay in this lovely Bed and Breakfast instead of a hotel. It is private, lovely and the service could not be finer. We would recommend Mama Mia's Casa to all!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2004

Absolutely wonderful alternative to staying in a hotel! Beautiful bed and breakfast with a fantastic hostess. Can't wait to return! Highly Recommended!

Mama Mia's Casa
--------------------------------------

Been to Mama Mia's Casa Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!