“Quiet and relaxing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Cid Granada Country Club

You added El Cid Granada Country Club to your Saves list
El Cid Granada Country Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Camaron Sabalo S/N | Zona Dorada, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 70% Off
Ranked #11 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Quiet and relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

After staying for 3 days at El Cid Castilla, we decided to give it a try to the nearby, across the street hotel El Cid Granada, We weren't expecting too much, first of all there is a footbridge tunnel that communicates the hotel with the rest of the complex so no need to cross the street, the rooms are spacious with an equipped kitchenette and a mini fridge included, there is a small pool and 2 restaurants on the spot but you can use all the amenities of Cid Castilla and Cid el Moro, simply because the room was more spacious and much better that the one we had on Castilla I am giving this a better rating, some guests prefer to have ocean view others prefer comfort.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear, Farbeyond

I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments with regards to your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to note how much you enjoyed your vacation and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty. We appreciate all feedback; but, especially enjoy reading about the great experiences you have in our 3 hotels. We work very hard and take pride in insuring proper cleanliness of all our guest rooms. We will pass along your wonderful experience to our employees as a job well done.

We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service and look forward to welcoming you back at El Cid Granada Country Club.

Kind Regards,

Salvatore Sanchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had a wonderful week in El Cid Granada with all my family last summer.Children and adults love the hotel a lot because of the service especially the pools and Jacuzzi.. We are planning to visit the same Hotel El Cid Granada this summer we are going to have a family reunion. Every body is excited about it because I explain them the great hospitality you offer compared to other hotels I have been in Mazatlan. I am counting the days to be in Mazatlan again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear JNava

Thank you very much for this pleasant comment; you can't imagine how much couple of nice words like these motivates the hotel staff! Your appraisal of the entire staff is much appreciated. It's so great to hear our staff goes beyond expectations to take care of our guests!
When we see that our everyday efforts make our guests happy so they even find it possible to make us aware of that, it's really great and it's a guarantee that we will continue to do our best to deliver best possible quality.

Thanks again for helping us to serve you better and we will certainly be more than happy to welcome you back!

Best regards,

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Just got back from another wonderful time in Mazatlan. Stayed at The Granada April 9th-16th. Daniel and his staff are remarkable. Alex, Pedro and Lidia at the front desk were always professional, courteous and helpful. Beyond that they always greet you in a friendly manner and seem genuinely pleased to help you in any way. Since I travelled alone this trip I stayed in a studio with a kitchenette. Plenty of room nice balcony and kept impeccably clean by Martha the housekeeper assigned to my room. Whenever I ran into her she would ask if everything was alright and if I needed something. The Granada is an older property across the street from The Castilla and El Moro. The staff keeps it clean and are always making sure everything works plumbing, lighting etc. Since part of my stay was during the beginning of Semana Santa it was nice to be at the Granada where it is not as hectic. The pool is great and a lot less busy than at the other properties. While staying at any of the El Cid properties you have access to all of their resorts in Mazatlan. This gives you a wide variety of pools, beaches, restaurants etc. I always get all inclusive for at least part of my stay as it is so darn convenient. My favorite restaurant is El Patio (Argentinian) at the Granada. Excellent service from Diana the hostess and Antonio who waited on me. The meal was excellent and my only complaint. Not really a complaint is that since it's an outdoor grill the aromas drift up into my balcony and make me want to double dip. Rosa at La Pergola and Alhambra is another who deserves recognition for her great work under busy circumstances. Efrain at the Marina restaurant gave me excellent menu advice along with impeccable service. I always spend as much time as I can on the beach. The beach was packed the bands were playing and everyone were having fun. The staff on the beach went above and beyond as you could barely move. As always the remarkable Francisco Renteria seemed to be everywhere with an uncanny ability to know what you want and when. The day I left was the first day the rerouted all the traffic for the upcoming weekend. Daniel and Israel from the Granada waited with me to make sure my cab would get me to the airport on time. They gave me some excellent ideas for places to go and see while in Mazatlan. Will be back in November for a longer stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
GMELCID, Gerente at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Greg G,

This is an awesome review about your wonderful time in Mazatlan, and I can't be happier to know that el Cid was part of it.
I would like to thank you to have taken the time to write us your wonderful comments about our kind staff of the Granada hotel and the good services provided for them.
I know they will be very happy to hear about you and that we met all you expectations.
I hope to see you back soon staying with us, I am pretty sure you will have a wonderful time once again.

I send you my best kind regards to you and your family.

Salvatore Sánchez
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This was our first time in Mazatlan and we were very satisfied with our experience at the El Cid Granada. We found the staff at the front desk and restaurants very helpful and friendly. Two bellboys in particular, Audomaro and Israel provided us with everything we needed especially when it came to helping us find and get to a local school which we visited. When we go back to Mazatlan, hopefully soon, we will stay at the El Cid Granada again for sure!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear, Slavo F

What a pleasant review! I´m feel proud in among options you choose El Cid Granada for have your first experience in our beautiful port of Mazatlan.

I will share your comments with Audomaro , Israel and the entire staff. They take great pride in their service efforts.

We value you as a guest and look forward to seeing you again very soon for your next stay at El Cid Granada. Please let us know next time you are coming so we can make it even more extra special for you!

Best regards,

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I've stayed at El Cid a few times and each time I'm always disappointed. When I first checked in, my friend and I arrived at 4:30pm, well after the check in time and when we were given our key to the suite overlooking the street, we came across a filthy room that had not been cleaned up. In fact, there were used diapers on display for us to see. While I do not envy the housekeepers and am embarrassed for the folks staying in the room before us as they obviously have terrible manners, my experience was ruined from the moment I stepped in. The best thing about the hotel was the room service as I love room service and am critical about the hotel's food service to the rooms.
Would not recommend this hotel unless it was absolutely necessary. Mazatlan is filled with excellent places to stay and with better service. Won't be making the same mistake twice.

Room Tip: If you like suites but hate hearing car traffic, don't stay in the suite overlooking the streets...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear, sb_loves…
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor concerning your recent stay at El Cid Granada Country Club.

I sincerely appreciate that you enjoyed the quality and service of room service that you enjoyed during your stay this gets closer to what the Cid has to offer.

We have addressed the maid service difficulties you had so will not see this on your next visit. We continue to make updates and adjustments to the hotel and value the feedback.

Comments may not always be positive but allow us to evaluate and make decisions based on our guest’s feedback.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to serve you again, I’m sure you do not be disappointing.

Warmest regards,

calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed at the Granada March 19th to April 2nd. This was our second trip to this resort and it was even more amazing than the last. The rooms are very spacious with very comfy beds. Its great to have a fridge in your room. The staff at this hotel are fantastic. Ceaser and Noe at the Italian restaurant make our stay very special. Francisco at the pool is extremely attentive and fun. Frank and all the activity staff play all kinds of tasteful fun games perfect for families. The lifeguards at the pool are top notch especially my favourite Carlos he is truly exceptional. Can't wait to return

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear, France C

Thank you so much for trust in us and give us the opportunity to serve you for second time. We are more than grateful in among options at Mazatlan you choosing El Cid Granada.

It’s pleasant to read that you had the opportunity to visit our 3 hotels, two of them on your last visit, for the I can read the staff work hard to met your expectations, I'm proud to them to know that each of them take care of each detail during your stay, and make you feel at home, that is the true aim of our Resort.

We hope to keep continue with your preference, be assure that I will share your nice words with front desk, Cesar, Adam, en the rest of the staff.

My best wishes,

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We were at El Cid Castilla in Feb/14 for one week. We loved it so much my daughter and I went back for 2 weeks and just got back April 4th. Our room was at Granada, it was very nice and clean but was too much walking back and forth for us. The guys at the front desk worked very hard and upgraded us to El Moro tower. Ocean view 12th floor it was great. Frank that does the entertainment did a great job they are a lot of fun the pool is bigger on that side and great for the kids. We do prefer the Castilla side so that is where we sat most of the time. Just like our previous trip Cesar and his team were great and the water balloon fight was a lot of fun. I don't know what to say anymore we just love the place,,,clean,,very good food,,,the staff is the best,,beach is great,,,very safe place to go on vacation. We are actually planning our 3rd trip at the same place for December. The outside restaurant is now finish,,can't wait to go back and eat by the ocean. When you go eat at the Pergola ask for Adam,,what ever it is you need he will get for you,,such great service and when you sit outside by the pool, sit in Enrique's section you won't go thirsty and you will always be served with a smile. I guess you would say El Cid is our home away from home,,without the work!!! and going from Edmonton you can't beat the price.

Room Tip: If you find that walking from Granada is too much just ask the guys at the front desk to upgrade you...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear France C,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing us as a place to stay during their trip to Mazatlan and also for your nice and encouraging comments about our staff that made your stay more pleasant.

I will let them know about your good comments because this is the only effective way to learn, from a guests’ perspective, our strong, but also our weak points and to improve our service.
I'm very happy to hear that you spent 2 vacations here and you are making plans for next holidays.

We will make sure you and your family have a good time for third time.

Kind Regards,

Salvatore Sánchez

Been to El Cid Granada Country Club? Share your experiences!