“Still the Sweetest People in Mazatlan” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Cid Granada Country Club

You added El Cid Granada Country Club to your Saves list
El Cid Granada Country Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Camaron Sabalo S/N | Zona Dorada, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Up to 50% Off
Ranked #10 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Still the Sweetest People in Mazatlan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Of the three hotels at the main El Cid location in Mazatlan, I still like the Granada Hotel and Country Club more than Castilla or El Moro. The atmosphere is much more laid back and the employees are just different than the norm. They really care that their guests are happy and treated well. The grounds are beautifully kept, the pool is heated, the rooms are a little dated but very comfortable and clean, and the staff continues (year after year) to be smiling and courteous. I'm sure much of this is due to Daniel (the Manager) who has been with Granada for several years. When you see the same staff, year-after-year, this is a testament to a well-managed property.

This year I stayed at Granada for a week by myself and I didn't, even for a moment, feel anxious about being alone. Friends joined me for an additional three weeks and we had a wonderful time. I definitely plan to go back to Granada in 2014.

An additional benefit on the Granada side of the complex is the Restaurante Italiano. They are open for lunch and dinner. Although it is not owned by El Cid, it gives discounts to the El Cid Vacation Club members. I think it's one of the best restaurants in town and has a very authentic menu.

Room Tip: If you are staying more than a week, ask for a room with a kitchenette. Also, I like the rooms near...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear NanEvan

I appreciate you taking time out of your day to write this review and for letting us know how your recent stay was. What great joy it brings to me to hear that you had an outstanding stay here with us and that you are a repetitive guest! I hope you keep coming to El Cid for many more years to come. Out of our four hotels Granada is the most tranquil aside from Marina.

We work our best in having our facilities looking its best at all times and we are also working on some renovation to update and better our facilities. I am proud to hear my staff went that extra mile to make your stay even that much better with their outstanding service rest assure they will be given the recognition they deserve.

We can`t wait to host you again we will be waiting here at YOUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME!

Kind Regards,

Salvatore Sanchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Manitoba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Was back again in Mazatlan Jan 2013. Had a wickedly wonderful time with my bff!!! We were in the same room as last year! It was great....like going home! The staff was still amazing. Christian was there from last year, he definitely remembered us. Enrike` kon K, Bruno were the regular activity staff at our pool, they were fantastic!!! The University students....Carlos, Videl, and Eder were excellent. Definitely in the right business!
The day servers at the el Patio were magnificent!!! Mauricio and Jesus two thumbs way way up!!!!Julien in the evening was a great server as well!!! Romero at the sushi restaurant. And Cesar at the Italian was amazing as well.
Thoroughly enjoyed the casino nite....just wish we'd of heard about it sooner.

On the patio staff's days off, sadly they did not have good cover staff. Mirna, Orlando and Joel were horrible! :( They did not have very good people skills, minimal service and didn't open the bar till 1!!!

Overall...we will definitely be back again!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear: ElleManitoba

I’m thrilled with your recent review at El Cid Granada Hotel, thank you so much for trust in us and for your nice words to our Resort.
I really appreciated the time to post this magnificent review to our staff, We are so proud to having people like Enrike, Bruno, Carlos, Fidel from activities and Mauricio, Julien, Romero and Cesar from food & beverage team, for they efficient and cordially service provided from our guest’s how’s are the most important to us.
We sorry to hear your experience at El Patio Restaurant with Mirna, Orlando and Joel, we will address your feedback with the staff and take in account to prevent this happen again and keep working with the level of service we use to.

General Manager.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I spent my second week in Mazatlan at the El Cid. What a great place! It was quiet, clean and with everything you need. Full size fridge and kitchen. Short walk to the beach and amazing pool at their other El Cid Hotel. Water was amazing. The only thing I would complain about is the beach vendors. They are ruthless! I will definately go back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear: Karol63

Wow! Thank you for your nice words, I really want to thank you for your recent 5 stars review, I’m so happy to read that you could enjoyed our hotel and we meet your expectations,

Regarding to the beach vendors we are strengthen our areas with more security guards to prevent this happen again.

Once again thank for the time took to publish this wonderful review. In a future travels to Mazatlan we sincerely hope be the hotel of your choice.

My best,

Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Since it's connected via skywalk to the el CID casttila it is really like being in the same hotel except you get to go " home" to the quiet and quaint ambiance of the Granada. The rooms are not all the same. The first night we were in the kingside bed as requested and I found that those rooms have NOT been updated! Next day we moved to a 2 bed studio which was completely redone and beautiful.
The staff are great and very helpful. It is a safe and reassuring environment. We stayed 14 nights and would do it again. The difference in price is not a factor. It is cheaper but I like it because it is not a high rise.

Room Tip: 3029 is a good choice. View of pool. Nice balcony. This hotel is across the street from ocean so vie...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear: poppy B

Thank you for talking the time in writing this review it is very important to us to hear others opinion on our hotel. I´d like to take a moment to talk about the room situation, we are currently in the process of renovating some rooms in order to have them updated so rest assure that we are working on that matter, I do apologies for this inconvenience but it´s good to know that you did not let it affect your outlook on our hotel and you had such a great vacation. We hope to see you in any future visits we would be more than happy to assist you and make your vacations memorable.

Warm greetings!

theresa,wi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I spent 2 weeks at El Cid Granada. The place was very clean and the service was great. The food at El Patio was also very good. My favorite waiter, Julian, was always on top of everything. He knew the menu and made some great suggestions.
The pool was warm and sheltered from the ocean breeze in the afternoon.
The rooms are dated and the beds are firm and very clean.

I was most impressed to see the GM , Sr. Sanchez, was always walking around making sure things were going smoothly.

The cleaning people did a great job of setting up and taking down props for the two entertainment nights and the shows were very good. They work very hard to put on a good performance.

I had a great time and the resort staff was terrific,but next time I will spend a few dollars more and stay at a place with fewer Canadians.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear: mikewolter

Thank you for taking the time to write your review it is very important to hear from everyone’s prospective due to the fact that this is an essentially process in helping us become the best we can be. El Patio is our most requested restaurant and I’m glad you had the opportunity to try it, maybe in a future visit you are able to try our other al Carts we have to offer.

I will definitely notify my staff on their great labor I am sure they will be pleased to hear about them . I appreciate your recognition on you lovely comment about my service. I always try to walk

Around the areas to get involved in everything my staff does so I can also have a better look on further changes in which can better our hotels. Nothing brings me more joy than to hear about how our guest had a great stay and were able to make them memorable. It is unfortunate that there is a possibility you might not be back with us but I really hope you do change your mind and if you plan any future visits if you would let me know I would be more than happy to assist you in any way I can and assure you have yet another great vacation.

My best,

Brandon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My first time to Mexico. First time going all inclusive. Won't go any where again without going all inclusive. It is the way to holiday, you don't worry about nothing. Went with friends that had been there the previous year and ask us to join them. It was a great place. The staff were friendly and eager to help in any way. The hotel were we stayed, was the older part of the resort, but very satisfactory. It was very clean, the food was great, and again the staff was wonderful. The pool was really warm and one of the three you could use. It was the quieter one which was nice when wanting that atmosphere. There were activities everyday to join in if so desired at all the pools. The swim up bar was awesome. We met a lot of nice people there and the waiters and bar tenders were sooooo!!!! nice.
The skywalk connected you to the other hotels which you had access to as well. The lobby bar was a great hangout. Watch football and hockey there some what. Was nice to get the superbowl game. The staff again were wonderful. Will go back again, for sure.

Room Tip: We had a king size bed and a balcony. The room was huge and very clean. We were on the third floor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear:tmorley94

Thank you for the fabulous review of our staff and hotel. We truly appreciate it when our guest takes time out of their busy day to share with us and our future guests the great experiences here at El Cid.

From your report we gather that you enjoyed your stay and were very satisfied with the activities, warm pools, the food & beverages and the hotel location.

Our management team spends many hours reviewing our valued customer comments and action plans are created to make sure we correct any deficiencies that you may have experienced. I hope that your travels bring you back to the Mazatlan area in the near future and thank you for choosing El Cid.

Best regards,

Onalaska, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Older, but well kept up. Very clean and comfortable. The pool is beautiful, the water warm. This hotel is across the street from the beach, but there is a sky walk over the street. The staff was very friendly and helpful. El CID Granada is a quieter hotel.ideal for a retired couple like us

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear: SallyBill1

Thank you for taking the time in writing this review and letting us know what great of a stay you had. I am glad everything was
At your satisfaction from the food, Mazatlan scenery to our great customer service and we look forward in assisting you again.

Best regards!

Salvatore Sanchez

Been to El Cid Granada Country Club? Share your experiences!