“Best in Mazatlan” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Captain Moe's Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mazatlan
Captain Moe's Bed & Breakfast
You added Captain Moe's Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Gaviotas, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Ranked #4 of 38 Mazatlan B&B and Inns
Nolefan2008
“Best in Mazatlan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

What can one say about the charm, location and atmosphere of a great B&B? Dorothy and Moe are great hosts, know the area and their "home" is beautiful. Great location within easy walking distance of the Golden Zone but still in an area where you get the local atmosphere. Free calls to the US are a big plus. You won't go wrong staying with this great couple in a beautiful B&B

Room Tip: They all look over a beautiful patio. One room on the ground level all others upstairs.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
South San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

This is a very comfortable BB, very centrally located. I've stayed here 4 times now and the experience is wonderful - quiet room, comfortable bed, tasty breakfasts. Thank you, Capt. Moe!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Neptune Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I only stayed at Capt Moes for one night,but the hospitality was so wonderful I will never forget it!!!
I was driving through Mexico on my way to Guadalajara and my first night in Mexico (not at Capt Moes) was horrible. My dog had to sleep in the car and I had to sneak my cat in the room. After a stressful evening…I got on the internet before bed hoping to find a place in Mazatlan,the second destination on my journey down. I found Capt Moe’s right away (mind you this is at 9:30pm (10:30 Mazatlan time). I sent a desperate email explaining my situation and hoping I would hear back before I got on the road.
The next morning at 4:30 I checked my email with fingers crossed~~~Dorothy had emailed me back and was holding a room for me,my dog and my cat!

Upon arrival,we were greeted warmly by everyone,including Zoe. They gave Grover a toy to play with and let him wonder around the patio area. The patio is beautiful and has a open kitchen guests can use too. The rooms are really great and nice and chilly!

They were very knowledgeable about where to find a restaurant that would suit my vegan lifestyle (and watched my pup while I went to eat) and they also made me a vegan breakfast which was just awesome. I cannot say enough good things about this B&B. I have stayed at dog friendly places….but NONE were as friendly as Capt Moes!!!!!!

I will probably return to Mazatlan JUST so I can stay here again! It's like a home away from home!! Love. Love. Love!!

Thanks Capt Moe and Dorothy!!! You’re awesome!

Room Tip: Email or call ahead..
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

There is no other place than Moe and Doe's B&B. A perfect piece of paradise with the comfort of family and friends. Its extremely close to the golden zone, next to restaurants, bars, hotels, and most importantly the beach. A great place to relax but also have a fun-filled vacation. Great for all ages!! Already planning my next vacation to visit Dorothy, Moe, and last not least Zoe!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Queretaro, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

What a great place to stay in Mazatlan -- away from the craziness of the main drag but close to everything! But the best thing is the people! Moe and Dorothy are wonderful and are always there to make your stay enjoyable. The information-sharing and community that is part of staying there is priceless. I learned about great restaurants, places to see and more from Moe, Dorothy and other guests. Even ended up meeting people on the street that I knew from the B&B. Friends stayed at a condo and had a much less interesting experience. I was sad to say goodbye!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

When I decided to stay at Capt. Moe's, I knew it was going to be a great place for me to relax and rest up, I didn't expect it to be quite the jewel it was. From the lush, and tropical plant filled open air courtyard, complete with exotic birds, to the mindfully decorated room, with a king size bed just like home. Enjoying freshly squeezed juices and buffet style breakfasts, I found it hard to get myself moving in the morning as Captain Moe's stories were so intriguing. Dorothy was a very gracious hostess and Zoe was perfect company. The rooftop patio and anti gravity chairs were just the thing after a 12 mile walk along the malecon. The peace and tranquility that this B&B offers along with the personal attention as well as the close proximity to everything makes this the only place to stay if you are thinking of visiting Mazatlan. I consider it an honor to have been welcomed such as I was, and hope to see Captain Moe and his wife Dorothy again soon. I miss you guys!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Nolefan2008
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

If you don't stay with Dorothy and Capt.Moe while in Mazatlan you will miss more than my words can express. I 'm considered a southern belle, so hospitatality is my middle name. This B&B is great, but the owners are awesome and so full of wisdom about the area, where and what to do, I would have missed so much. To Dorothy & The Captain I am eternally grateful. I will add my husband and I have bought a trust (property) in Mazatlan , my flowers are in potsso we do not have the lovely courtyards and flower bed that the B&B has. However, I will always have the freindship of 2 of the most gracious people you will ever meet,and they are not even from the deep south (Alabama).

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Been to Captain Moe's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!